• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is your 'poison'? Whats your favourite beer, wine or whisky?

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
liq_poi1.jpegAs per your title,
Wild Berry Schnapps,
wonder if its sold in L.I.?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Enough of foodie talk!! Lets talk liquor. My favourite beer is Buds or Carlsberg, followed over dinner by a nice Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon (good for western). If going for sing song, then the finale would be single malt whisky (Macalllan or Yamazaki).

How about yours?

For me, quite into German beers nowadays, not particular about the brand. Always hang out at Brozeit @ raffles city shopping centre or at Somerset.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this new brand? Never seen this brand before. Most popular brands here are JW Black/Red Label, Chivas, Blend 285 (Alc. 30%) and Sang Som (actually a rum). Overall, Red Label and Blend 285 is more popular. Surprisingly, Sang Som also a favorite with the local Korean community.

Black Cat been around quite long and was very popular with Sg thai FWs then though hardly seen in LOS.
Now thai FWs also move on to other brands like high commissioner.
I'll like to add 100 pipers to the list....quite popular in upcountry discos...

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had an Italian beer last week called "Viola blonda". Very nice. Any one know where I can find it in Singapore?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... quite into German beers nowadays, not particular about the brand.
Leaning towards a good Erdinger (preferably from tap). German beers reputed to leave out the blxxdy additives since a century back. Additives are par for the course, to keep shelf life etc (not preclude your fuzzy head too). Czech beers are the best. OZ beers terrible with too much CO2

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Toddy with Kingfisher chaser sown in Little Yindia , followed by flipping car cocktail
Namaste..

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Leaning towards a good Erdinger (preferably from tap). German beers reputed to leave out the blxxdy additives since a century back. Additives are par for the course, to keep shelf life etc (not preclude your fuzzy head too). Czech beers are the best. OZ beers terrible with too much CO2

Have never tried Czech beers. Apart from German beer, used to buy Boddingtons to drink at home whilst surfing Sam's sister forum! Taste quite good and balanced.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very very true. That's why I say, booze is booze, after the third or fourth, it makes no difference. Just remember, don't dwink and dwive, you might spill ya dwink.

Cheers!

forgot to add....any drinking session must c/w good company too....else not much kick

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
forgot to add....any drinking session must c/w good company too....else not much kick

Goes along with the Paul Anka song ..'I don't like to drink alone...'!! Also best if got good company (make or female) plus sing song or watching Man U get beaten... Bestest lah!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, no problem to look for drinking kaki. Have some friends who are always looking forward to drink. Lately however, been staying at home and drink alone watching TV. Not that I don't enjoy company, just don't find staying out attractive anymore. Am happy to sit back, watch a good tv program and enjoy the drink. And also because these days, I don't drink that much anymore.

Cheers!

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, no problem to look for drinking kaki. Have some friends who are always looking forward to drink. Lately however, been staying at home and drink alone watching TV. Not that I don't enjoy company, just don't find staying out attractive anymore. Am happy to sit back, watch a good tv program and enjoy the drink. And also because these days, I don't drink that much anymore.

Cheers!

drinking solo; esp at home, is somewhat miserable; these days i hang usually at my home kpt oppo my block with my neighbourhood kakis almost daily after work...2-3 bottles, unwind, exchange views n opinions....u be quite surprised...some of kakis are ang mo, pinoys,..ah pehs, ah bengs..

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Somebody mentioned drunken master? Hick!

[video=youtube;WEt4B1poOfM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEt4B1poOfM[/video]

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully understand where you're coming from. I used to be more outgoing. During the earlier part of my working life, Fridays late afternoon is when the weekend starts for me. At the end of the work day, sometimes find myself in a pub early to "chope" table for drinking kakis, order and drink early fully taking advantage of Happy Hour rates, and keep drinking till the pub closes after midnite. Those days are over for me and now I'd rather spend time at home with the family. For this purpose, I occassionally buy some "craft" beers to sit at home and drink, I still appreciate the taste of diferent brews and because I consume much less, can afford to buy the rarer beers.

Cheers!

drinking solo; esp at home, is somewhat miserable; these days i hang usually at my home kpt oppo my block with my neighbourhood kakis almost daily after work...2-3 bottles, unwind, exchange views n opinions....u be quite surprised...some of kakis are ang mo, pinoys,..ah pehs, ah bengs..

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully understand where you're coming from. I used to be more outgoing. During the earlier part of my working life, Fridays late afternoon is when the weekend starts for me. At the end of the work day, sometimes find myself in a pub early to "chope" table for drinking kakis, order and drink early fully taking advantage of Happy Hour rates, and keep drinking till the pub closes after midnite. Those days are over for me and now I'd rather spend time at home with the family. For this purpose, I occassionally buy some "craft" beers to sit at home and drink, I still appreciate the taste of diferent brews and because I consume much less, can afford to buy the rarer beers.

Cheers!

Change to family man!! I totally respect that. For some of us though, we need to go out and drink with the boys and gals to destress!!