• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is your 'poison'? Whats your favourite beer, wine or whisky?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have up on wine when I realised that most people including can't tell the difference between an inferior grade wine and one that is good as well as one good year to another year from the same brand and grape variety. Blind test where they decant the wines are seldom done because the professionals will not turn up.

Will stick my beer and whiskey. Only take red wine and white wine for social occasions and to complement the food. Have not met one guy who agreed to a blind test between 2 bottles of the same grape variety.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Frenchman and his Romanian wife sings to their royal highness about the joys of that fermented stuff ... ...

[video=youtube;5rsciRaJVtE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rsciRaJVtE[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have up on wine when I realised that most people including can't tell the difference between an inferior grade wine and one that is good as well as one good year to another year from the same brand and grape variety. Blind test where they decant the wines are seldom done because the professionals will not turn up.

Will stick my beer and whiskey. Only take red wine and white wine for social occasions and to complement the food. Have not met one guy who agreed to a blind test between 2 bottles of the same grape variety.

Alamak how many ppl can tell?

Can you tell?

Is that important?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah some recommended lyrics for the upcoming musical to glorify our Great Leader Kim Jong Yew, who single handedly transformed Sinkieland:

Shitty white wine it tastes like turpentine
Breakfast in a bottle three ninety nine

Shitty white wine it tastes like turpentine
Kangaroo on the label is never a good sign
Comes with a warning
Headache in the morning
It’s just another bottle
Of Shitty Propaganda

[video=youtube;W9ChimGhYOI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ChimGhYOI[/video]

Last edited:

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
G.U.A.N.A.B.A.N.A. (((SOURSOP))) !!!

Have you ever had guanabana? I hadn’t even heard of it before The Pastry Queen cookbook. The flavor of guanabana is really difficult to pin down. It tastes and smells a lot like a fruit smoothie – a blend of several fruits. Between the two of us, we picked out pineapple, orange, guava, and banana. And that blend makes it ideal for use in a cocktail!

Guanabana is sold in two ways in my store: as frozen pulp in the International freezer case and as canned “nectar” on the Mexican aisle (both are Goya brand). The English side of the can of nectar reads “Soursop,” if that helps you locate it easier. Goya products are widely available here in southeast Texas but I’m guessing that might not be the case everywhere. The nectar (based on my experience with its guava counterpart) seems to basically be a fruit juice reduction, sweetened, and then artificially thickened a bit.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I eat and drink mostly what I like - given the chance. Life's been reasonably good to me (so far) in that I am not starving or thirsting and eat and drink to celebrate. So far, fortunately the bad toxins have not reached the red zone yet but just want to keep it at the back of my mind not to overdo things. Used to drink until wasted which I stopped, just drink to appreciate the taste and stop at three bottles or thereabouts. I can't see myself removed from all the good stuff yet, so just eat and drink in reasonable amounts. Beer is difficult to stop for me. It makes me sing and dance better. Wine, not so because ya can't chug wine like you can with beer. I like a term one friend used once - sloshed to the gills!

Cheers!

U should cut out the beers then if u want to cut down on cholesterol. Go straight to wine.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I eat and drink mostly what I like - given the chance. Life's been reasonably good to me (so far) in that I am not starving or thirsting and eat and drink to celebrate. So far, fortunately the bad toxins have not reached the red zone yet but just want to keep it at the back of my mind not to overdo things. Used to drink until wasted which I stopped, just drink to appreciate the taste and stop at three bottles or thereabouts. I can't see myself removed from all the good stuff yet, so just eat and drink in reasonable amounts. Beer is difficult to stop for me. It makes me sing and dance better. Wine, not so because ya can't chug wine like you can with beer. I like a term one friend used once - sloshed to the gills!

Cheers!
I learnt one thing very early on, never get 'sloshed or wasted' on beer!! Wine or whisky ok, but beer, u get real sick next morning!!

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Join me?

image-0c003ff1eddf382f71319266f2bf50555ae16fcfef2d384a6ae0f15e0f0b8811-V.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Black cat whiskey - the undisputed king of whiskeys

BlackCatThai.jpg

Is this new brand? Never seen this brand before. Most popular brands here are JW Black/Red Label, Chivas, Blend 285 (Alc. 30%) and Sang Som (actually a rum). Overall, Red Label and Blend 285 is more popular. Surprisingly, Sang Som also a favorite with the local Korean community.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not fun to be totally wasted on booze, whatever type, but sometimes one gets carried away and just drink and drink. I used to be like that, drink until can't walk straight, stumble and stagger haphazardly, and need to be propped up by buddies. Well, I've grown out of that, and in fact, I don't even go clubbing or drink at pubs anymore, mostly have my drinks relaxing at home in front of the TV. I remember though once during uni days I was so trashed, I walked out of a pub and threw up over the front hood of a Pontiac Firebird, it was one of those with the fancy eagle painted on the hood. My friends dragged me away from the vehical before the owner even found out. He would've beaten me senseless for such a deed. I hope one day to be so drunk and pissed that I'd throw up in the MRT, that will be a gas for sure, what are the authorities going to do? Fine me for littering? Hell, I'd say I was feeling sick and unable to control, sorry. Wait, one day I'll do it. Haha.

Cheers!

I learnt one thing very early on, never get 'sloshed or wasted' on beer!! Wine or whisky ok, but beer, u get real sick next morning!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very very true. That's why I say, booze is booze, after the third or fourth, it makes no difference. Just remember, don't dwink and dwive, you might spill ya dwink.

Cheers!

after 4-5 rounds, all beer...whiskey....wine...taste the same lah...