• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Muslims not encouraged to use 'RIP', says National Fatwa Council

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is the religion saying that as long as you believe in other religion, you are going to hell?

Hours after the death of Karpal Singh, Muslims were told by the National Fatwa Council today they were not encouraged to use the phrase “Rest in Peace" (RIP) to a non-Muslim because the term had Christian connotations.

In a statement issued on its website,www.e-fatwa.gov.my, the National Fatwa Council said Muslims could express their condolences to non-Muslim families.

"Condolences can be expressed to a non-Muslim family as long as there are no religious implications," it said.

"Wishes such as 'I sympathise with what has happened to you' or 'we express our sadness at the loss in your family' are allowed.

"However, a Muslim is definitely not encouraged to wish a non-Muslim person 'Rest in Peace'," the council said.

The council said RIP was an assumption that the non-Muslim person would receive God's blessings.

"It is similar to the Latin prayer of 'May his soul and the souls of all the departed faithful by God's mercy rest in peace’."

The council said this sentence was a form of prayer regularly used by Christians, especially during the 18th century and regularly engraved on tombstones.

"From an Islamic point of view, a person who has died in blasphemy will not receive God's forgiveness and blessings," it said.

The council's statement also said the wish also depended on the intentions of the individual saying “RIP”.

Early today, Karpal, the MP for Bukit Gelugor, died in an accident when the car he was travelling in collided with a five-tonne lorry near Gua Tempurung on the North-South Expressway.

Karpal, who would have turned 74 on June 28, was travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Penang to attend a court hearing scheduled for this morning.

The impact of the crash which took place about 1.10am killed the prominent lawyer and his personal assistant, Michael Cornelious Selvam Vellu, 39, on the spot.

Karpal's son, Ramkarpal, and the car's driver, C. Selvam, were injured. Karpal's Indonesian domestic helper was also injured and is in critical condition at Ipoh Hospital. – April 17, 2014.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come he can use God to describe Allah one har?

Double standards?

CAN MALAYSIA MAKE UP ITS MIND?

Of course Muslims will not Rest in Peace because they follow the false prophet Muhammad AliBaba. They all go to hell. There is no peace in hell. Only BBQ sessions.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
At this rate of regression, the practice of Islam is going to send their societies backward instead of forward. It is about time someone or some people within these Islamic countries embark on a Reformation type movement otherwise their people are going to head back into medieval times.

Cheers!

Is the religion saying that as long as you believe in other religion, you are going to hell?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to do with regression. These guys looking for a profile and a presence. Every opportunity to get the limelight. Just send them an email about eating crocodile meat and they are happy like fuck to answer. True people of religion would not split hairs like this. They would look at mankind for what it's is and what it should be.

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly, can these idiots prove there is a hell? They have never seen or experienced it. All they can say is that it is stated in their koran, bible etc. So it is a myth. And these nincompoops are living in a make believe world. They are no better than the coconut bomoh!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is correct. Actually it doesn't bother me and I normally ignore these as I am not affected (lucky me.) But sometimes I do wonder, if I were born into a muslim family and had to conduct my life to the judgment and "laws" of these idiots, I won't like it. In fact, I would renounce my idiotic faith. But alas, I heard that a muslim is unable to renounce his/her religion. Too bad for them, not my doing, not Allah's either, but some mortal twit on earth who has become sort of a community leader.

Cheers!

......... These guys looking for a profile and a presence. Every opportunity to get the limelight........

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know a few Muslims who expressed concern but they cannot speak against the tide. And they are decent god fearing people. It is also like some religions where the less smart and less intelligent but power crazy will take up religious posts to stand on the pulpit to give their views. So it becomes a race on whose is more religious amongst them. It's too late when the rest in the community start to express concern.

That is correct. Actually it doesn't bother me and I normally ignore these as I am not affected (lucky me.) But sometimes I do wonder, if I were born into a muslim family and had to conduct my life to the judgment and "laws" of these idiots, I won't like it. In fact, I would renounce my idiotic faith. But alas, I heard that a muslim is unable to renounce his/her religion. Too bad for them, not my doing, not Allah's either, but some mortal twit on earth who has become sort of a community leader.

Cheers!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
well anyone who is showered with 99 old year virgins is definitely not gg to rest in peace either.