• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pot popularity gaining momentum

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Popularity of marijuana is gaining support the world over. At this rate, the world leaders have to give in to popularity. Looks like legalization is a matter of time.

Cheers!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/420-celebrating-the-joys-of-chronic/article18073548/

4/20: Celebrating the joys of chronic

ANDREA WOO
VANCOUVER — The Globe and Mail
Published Sunday, Apr. 20 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
Last updated Sunday, Apr. 20 2014, 8:55 PM EDT

Thousands of marijuana enthusiasts on Sunday flooded the streets of downtown Vancouver, the city that nearly 20 years ago birthed the stoner holiday that is 4/20.
Vancouver’s April 20 celebration has come a long way from its inaugural event in 1995. Then just a small gathering of less than 200 people, the event’s biggest logistical challenge was finding a long enough extension cord to reach from Marc Emery’s Cannabis Culture headquarters (then a store called Hemp BC) to Victory Square park, where it was held for its first few years.
It has since grown into a sizeable – and worldwide – affair, with thousands of people spilling off Vancouver Art Gallery grounds on to downtown streets, forcing their closings. There were more than 150 booths set up at Sunday’s event, selling everything from gluten-free pot brownies to politicians, with Vancouver police present only to keep the peace.
The pot-fest has also taken on a new significance in 2014, with changing attitudes toward pot being reflected in political action across North America. In Canada, the Conservative government is looking at softening marijuana laws by allowing police to write tickets for small-scale possession cases rather than laying charges. Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau has called for the legalization of marijuana and his party had a booth at Vancouver’s 4/20 event, collecting signatures and distributing pins bearing Mr. Trudeau’s image.
In B.C., an effort by SensibleBC to decriminalize marijuana possession fell short of the roughly 320,000 signatures needed to force a referendum – at least 10 per cent of registered voters in each of the province’s 85 electoral districts – but still garnered 202,000. That makes it the province’s second-most successful referendum effort behind the 2011 campaign to scrap the Harmonized Sales Tax.
In the U.S., Colorado and Washington held their first legal 4/20 celebrations after becoming the first two states to allow recreational marijuana use. Alaska is poised to become the third, with a vote on the issue in August.
“It’s a new vibration in the marijuana movement because we feel, in some ways, success is on the horizon,” said Dana Larsen, former Cannabis Culture magazine editor, and now a spokesman for SensibleBC. “There is a different atmosphere now, and people are looking forward to actual change happening.”
Mr. Larsen said Mr. Trudeau’s enthusiastic support for legalization is an encouraging sign. “That’s a first. We’ve never had a leader of one of the mainstream parties using the L-word like that before,” he said.
Sunday’s celebration was the last that Mr. Emery will spend behind bars. Extradited from Canada in May, 2010, and currently completing a five-year sentence in a Mississippi prison for selling cannabis seeds to U.S. customers online, Vancouver’s “Prince of Pot” is set to be released in July.
His activist wife, Jodie Emery, said the two will be throwing their support behind Mr. Trudeau and the Liberal Party of Canada.
“We’re excited that this is a time of change in Canada,” Ms. Emery said.
On April 1, new medical marijuana regulations took effect transferring the governing of access to physicians, from Health Canada, and restricting production to select commercial growers. Patients licenced to grow their own marijuana – or serve as a designated grower for someone else – argued that going through commercial growers would inflate costs and impede access to the drug. Some physicians are also reluctant to prescribe it.
Last month, Federal Court Judge Michael Manson granted an injunction, allowing patients currently licensed to grow their own marijuana to continue doing so while a larger constitutional challenge is before the courts. The federal government has said it will appeal the ruling.
On Sunday, a crowd of several hundred gathered in Parliament Hill, openly smoking pot and calling for easing of the country’s marijuana laws.
The 4/20 moniker dates back to the pot culture of California in the early 1970s, but it became formally attached to April 20 with the day-long rally organized by Mr. Emery, Mr. Larsen and other Vancouver activists in 1995.
Rallies have been held every April 20 since and have spread across Canada and the globe. Local 4/20 organizers were advertising events from Whitehorse to Halifax, Iqaluit to Windsor, Ont., in Dallas, Texas, and Birmingham, Ala., London, Belfast, Reykjavik, Aukland, Lima and Cape Town, South Africa, to name just a few.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm neither pro nor against, just wish for marijuana to be decriminalized so blokes don't get sent to jail for use or possesion. Where LSD is concerned, I tried it once with a room mate, we both got so high it totally scared me shitless. I was stoned for a week because of that one hit (came on a piece of blotting paper). That night my room mate and me scored the LSD, we were giggling and laughing and hopping around like frogs in our apartment. Needless to say, I was totally useless for the next few days. I did not do it again since that one try, and neither did my room mate. With pot, you get stoned, vege out, relax for the evening, fall asleep, maybe have sex. And the next day, you can go back to work like a regular bloke. Good luck to those who wish to get high on acid (LSD), its gonna be difficult to get nowadays. Just stick with weed. Its safer. Natural.

Cheers!

If you want to explore, take LSD.

Weed simply dumbs you down.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
These are only the first tentative baby steps.

i don't see this getting very far for one primary reason - the government and most people lump pot in the same category as harmful drugs like heroin, and so apply the same legal and moral standards across the board. Only difference is severity of addiction and withdrawal symptoms, but all seen as equally evil.

Governments basically have no political or economic incentive to hear the voices of a minority of people who want pot legalized. Big tobacco is still raking in big dollars so why bother.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm neither pro nor against, just wish for marijuana to be decriminalized so blokes don't get sent to jail for use or possesion. Where LSD is concerned, I tried it once with a room mate, we both got so high it totally scared me shitless. I was stoned for a week because of that one hit (came on a piece of blotting paper). That night my room mate and me scored the LSD, we were giggling and laughing and hopping around like frogs in our apartment. Needless to say, I was totally useless for the next few days. I did not do it again since that one try, and neither did my room mate. With pot, you get stoned, vege out, relax for the evening, fall asleep, maybe have sex. And the next day, you can go back to work like a regular bloke. Good luck to those who wish to get high on acid (LSD), its gonna be difficult to get nowadays. Just stick with weed. Its safer. Natural.

Cheers!

LSD is very dangerous. Best not to fuck around with the brain with that chemical. Its 100% synthetic too, unlike pot which is 100% natural. Don't play.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Snake venom is 100% natural too and some can kill you in minutes so what is your point?

Wasn't clear. Not saying that natural is always good and artificial is always bad. Snake venom is poor example as it is manufactured by a living creature for offense as well as defense. Marijuana on the other hand is simply a plant that just happens to be safe for human use but maligned due to ignorance.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Doll’s eyes

actaea_pachypoda_older_seed_pods.jpg

Doll’s eye, also known as White Baneberry, is a flowering plant native to Eastern and Northern North America. The Doll’s eyes comes from the striking fruit of the plant, which is a 1cm in diameter white berry with a black stigma scar, which looks very eye like. Although the whole plant has been declared toxic for human consumption, the most poisonous part is the concentrated toxins in the fruit, which have sadly claimed a number of children’s lives, as they also have a sweet taste. The berries contain a carcinogenic toxin, which has an almost immediate, sedative effect on human cardiac muscles and can easily cause a quick death.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. LSD's dosage is not easily controlled. One can easily become overdosed even before the drug takes effect. One hit (via crystal cube or blotting paper) can contain an unspecified dosage which can easily be more than one person can handle, and ingested before one even knows it. Too late then. Pot on the other hand when smoked fills the body in stages and if smoked too much, will cause one to pass out before ingesting too much. So overdose is unlikely to happen. In any case, synthetic LSD was an experimental drug (I think) and became popular during the sixties when people in the US were experimenting with "mind expansion" and all kinds of liberal ideas were considered "in." Those days are over and I doubt LSD is easily available on the streets now. I will settle for pot and am not attracted to other drugs like meth, cocaine or heroin.

Cheers!

LSD is very dangerous. Best not to fuck around with the brain with that chemical. Its 100% synthetic too, unlike pot which is 100% natural. Don't play.