• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Very Unwise - LHL

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont know NJH personally nor publicly. But from what I saw of him during the coi and his reaction to the pic of him with Esther, I think he is not confident nor credible.

I dont know LHL personally but i know him publicly. LHL comes across as arrogant, proud, low EQ, irrational, ill-confident, social awkward, abusive, hot tempered, lacks self control, impatient, no peace with himself, vengeful.

So i see LHL as bad for SG. looks like NJH is bad for the SPF.[g/QUOTE]

Very accurate assessments.

hahaha..looks like we have the same perceptions of lhl and njh

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do you know riot and chaos would ensue? It has been proven time and time again Singaporean are a sheepish lot. I await the day this is not the case. Now, where is Tony?

if, against traditional wisdom and diplomatic norms, lhl insists on granting permits for foreigners to celebrate their national days in SG public places and knowing the standard of SPF, it's a matter of time before law and order issues arise. why cant national and independence days be celebrated at the embassy compound and let the embassy handle their guests?

anyway, SG in 40yrs, had unprecedented riot and strike under LHL. so, it's a matter how how many more riots under lhl

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Either there is some disconnect between the political leadership and their grassroots supporters or the grassroots do not agree with the sentiments expressed on the Net. It could also be a situation where the leadership is trying to force the issue for reason best known to them.

These things could easily to be handled as the country has very clear mechanism for large gatherings - the permit system. The system not only operates to ensure that public order is maintained but its helps in a multiracial society where sensitivities are involved. Of course the original intention is to thwart the opposition from attracting support for their course.

A simple no and advice to hold it elsewhere would have done the job. I suspect that the embassy officials has sought it at a high level and someone said yes but finding it difficult to back track.

possibilities:

1. LHL refuses to listen to grassroot feedbacks
2. Grassroots didnt feedback true ground sentiments
3. Grassroots misread ground sentiments
4. TT had already agreed with Aquino for the filipino celebration when he had his state visit to philippines
5. LHL had verbally agreed with filipino request before this saga erupted

Now, the pap is caught with their pants down and wants to push through with the celebrations without thinking deeply of the future repercussions.

The best that can happen now is for TCH, Shanmu and NJH to convince LHL that it is better to eat humble pie and advise the Philippines Embassy to hold celebrations in the embassy. Short of that, pap is going to suffer long term backlash from Singaporeans

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is very unwise of LHL to jump into the Filipino Independence Proposal fray without thinking carefully.

Did LHL consider the possible consequences of allowing Filipinos to celebrate their Independence Day at Ngee Ann City? Some possible consequences are:

Or is this a blessing in disguise that hammers a nail in pap's coffin?

When was the PM ever wise? He plainly forgot how PINOY PEOPLE POWER toppled and removed dictator and strongman Marcos.

Perhaps Sinkies might learn a thing or two from the PINOYS in their NGEE ANN CITY celebrations, wonder whether ALCOHOL would be banned and SPF prepared lest their communications get jammed again!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When was the PM ever wise? He plainly forgot how PINOY PEOPLE POWER toppled and removed dictator and strongman Marcos.

Perhaps Sinkies might learn a thing or two from the PINOYS in their NGEE ANN CITY celebrations, wonder whether ALCOHOL would be banned and SPF prepared lest their communications get jammed again!

i was actually quite taken aback that as PM, he has descended to this level. Totally unnecessary. I wonder what the other ministers feel abt this issue, esp Home Affairs Minister and Foreign Minister. LHL makes the Cabinet look bad

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
possibilities:

1. LHL refuses to listen to grassroot feedbacks
2. Grassroots didnt feedback true ground sentiments
3. Grassroots misread ground sentiments
4. TT had already agreed with Aquino for the filipino celebration when he had his state visit to philippines
5. LHL had verbally agreed with filipino request before this saga erupted
I thought your thread title said it all. It boils down to wisdom, nothing else.

A wise man will not have subordinates that are screwed, working for him. Even should a wise man be fixed by others he will recognise the threat at the very first instant, overcome it with such subtlety that put others to shame. A fool gets carried away by emotion and needs to jump into the shit pond, head first so that he can taste the shit first hand in order to know that he is in deep shit.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought your thread title said it all. It boils down to wisdom, nothing else.

A wise man will not have subordinates that are screwed, working for him. Even should a wise man be fixed by others he will recognise the threat at the very first instant, overcome it with such subtlety that put others to shame. A fool gets carried away by emotion and needs to jump into the shit pond, head first so that he can taste the shit first hand in order to know that he is in deep shit.

lhl seems to be getting into more trouble...of his own doing. Very unwise, very arrogant, very impulsive, very unnecessary. Why doesnt someone talk some sense into lhl?

Last edited:

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL is a Wise Leader. Without him, You people will have no jobs, no housing and no entertainment!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL is a Wise Leader. Without him, You people will have no jobs, no housing and no entertainment!

yes, i heard you. You said that your mum, your sis, your wife will b prostitutes without pap.

actually, the reason your wife becomes a prostitute is not because of no pap. the reason is she chooses to become a prostitute.you need to know this

Last edited:

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, i heard you. You said that your mum, your sis, your wife will b prostitutes without pap.

actually, the reason your wife becomes a prostitute is not because of no pap. the reason is she choose to become a prostitute.you need to know this

Wow...so harsh words against fellow singaporeans....

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are admitting that they are willing to be prostitutes.

so it is their willingness and choice to prostitute themselves, nothing to do with opposition party

wow...so clever in twisting words....all you anti pap people are all like tat. :biggrin: