• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ngee Ann City on 8 Jun 14 - the hottest place to be?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]The fight for independence[/h]

dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
April 20th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

Philippines-Independence-Day-2014-at-Civic-Plaza-339x480.jpg
This could be a clear, cut and dried case of harassment.
Organisers of the Pilipino Independence Day Council Singapore
(PIDCS) allege they are being harassed by anonymous callers
demanding the cancellation of the June 8 takeover of the Ngee Ann City’s Civic
Plaza. The Protection from Harassment Act
2014 was tabled, and passed, in Parliament on 3 March this
year. A fine of up to $5,000, a jail term not exceeding 12 months or both awaits
those who engage in stalking, defined as activities which an offender should
reasonably know would result in harassment, alarm or distress.

The aggrieved PIDCS say they do not plan to make a police
report because doing so may escalate tempers into an event of seismic
proportion. Think Little India instead of Tahrir Square. The cops may demand
immediate reinforcement of 1,000 more men, and the only way to meet this supply
at short notice is to fly in the expensive but reliable Ghurkhas.
And then there
is the potential disaster of epic ramification, the banning of alcohol along
Orchard Road. All we need is some minister to make a site visit and sniff the
air.

Sensitive nostrils aside, there is this provocative use of the Marina
Bay Sands
(MBS) and Singapore Flyer silhouettes to promote the
carnival.
Both symbols were also showcased prominently in the “cringeworthy”
video sponsored, and quickly taken down, by the Singapore Tourism Board (STB).
This has to be another clear cut case, of copyright infringement. Unless MBS has
given their full hearted endorsement, in view of the large number or foreigners
employed at their establishment.

The use of the “interdependence” word may be key to the heightened emotive
reactions. An independent Singapore should be able to stand on its own feet,
without the crutches of alien elements. But that’s not what Baey Yam
Keng
implied, “The Filipino community has been contributing to
Singapore in the workplace and helping to take care of Singaporean
families”.
Grossly out of touch, Baey is blissfully unaware that Burmese
and Indonesian domestics are now preferred as they are less likely to demand
their day off and complain about having to wash the family car. And contribution
to the work place sure sounds better than taking away Singaporean jobs.

Independence warriors don’t give up easy – children of the EDSA Revolution
are involved here – and the June 8 gathering will be happening, come rain, sun
or haze. Forget about Geylang, Ngee Ann City’s Civic Plaza is the hottest place
to be.

[h=3]Tattler[/h]
* The writer blogs at singaporedesk.blogspot.com.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore police should investigate and show us how do those bigots look like.

Hopefully some of them are not from Sammyboy boy.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
I beg my last $ that the so-call heated event would be called off.
So many controversies among the gov. agencies (without police permit, open public space etc.) and much conflicts (locals vs foreigners) in proceeding the event.

There will be a face-saving solution or answer coming out nearer to the event date.
However, damage has been done and the worse is that LHL and his minister(s)/ MPs defended for the event???

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am curious about who or what actually provides funding to PIDCS. From that information you can make an intelligent guess why the Pinoys gets such special treatment as compared to other nationalities.

This is not just some simple cultural exchange event. Someone is behind the scenes pulling the strings.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Philippines Govt. The main organiser works at the embassy.

I am curious about who or what actually provides funding to PIDCS. From that information you can make an intelligent guess why the Pinoys gets such special treatment as compared to other nationalities.

This is not just some simple cultural exchange event. Someone is behind the scenes pulling the strings.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

You know few FTs are very closed to PAP, and most FTs are yes-men.
They are sweet-talkers as well.
Our greedy and unpatriotic MPs and ministers have no judgement to refuse the requests made by them.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL will grace the occasion to demonstrate his unconditional embrace of foreigners.

Ist Commando battalion will be called to protect extra security on that day. The whole SAF is dedicated to protect foreigners from sinkees.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got free fucks of pinoy chicks on that date or not? Not that I'm interested. Only Russian girls will do for me.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let us gatecrash the event to show our love and support for our pinoy brothers and sisters! I am sure they will welcome us the way we welcomed them into our home!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got free fucks of pinoy chicks on that date or not? Not that I'm interested. Only Russian girls will do for me.

Why? You dun like Lydia De Vega? She the stuff of my wet dreams.
That said, will their be a riot in Ngee Ann city? If so im going down to lynch me some pinoy ass.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Didn't cousin Tony recently visited them & gave them some $$$$ as 'ang pow'...?? so they are using this to fund this event....which comes from the taxpayers..no?? ha ha ha ha

Why don't the PATRIOTS of SINgapore...the PIONEERS OF THE REPUBLIC OF sinGAPORE...gather at the same place & sing " MAJULLAH singAPURa'..wearing the flag of OUR land & waving our flag & celebrate with the Flipinoes??

Whom will the Police show restraint?? wake up SINgapore....we have been SOLD!:mad:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has something on the Malaysian leadership. Something that involves C4 and the Pan Pacific? Manila probably got Sinkieland's balls over something as well. Cozy on going relationship we are seeing here, aren't we?.....LOL

Last edited:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucking pinoys puts in poster 'our interdependence', they fucking arrogant to think sg can't do without their fucking talents. Where else in the world do these pinoy shits dare to be so arrogant except in sg?