• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shocking Revelation on Pinoy New Shityzen's Loyalty!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]ST: Only a small minority of SGs against PIDCS event[/h]
dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
April 20th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

Photo0220.jpg
The Straits Times (ST) reported today that there has been an outpouring of support for the Pilipino Independence Day Council Singapore (PIDCS) from Singaporeans since PIDCS announced that they would be organising activities in celebration of the Philippines’ Independence Day in premier shopping district Orchard Road (‘Filipino group heartened by support’, 20 Apr).
In its sub-headline, ST even wrote, “S’poreans back plans for Philippine event, slam earlier criticism as xenophobic.”
PIDCS “appreciate the outpouring of support they have received from Singaporeans since”, reported ST.

“We are heartened, grateful and happy to receive support from Singaporeans as they have done in the past,” PIDCS was quoted as saying. “We have not received any further hate or provocative e-mail or threatening calls for that matter.”

PIDCS earlier claimed that they had received anonymous phone calls demanding the event’s cancellation.

Since then though, other Singaporeans have shown their support online for PIDCS, deriding the criticism as “xenophobic” and wishing the organisers “the best” for their event, ST said.
ST quoted a new citizen from the Philippines:
Singaporean Luz Mesenas, who hails from the Philippines and has been a regular at the annual event, said that she is worried that people may turn up to disrupt it.
The 58-year-old, who is a self-employed publisher, also said the event is just good-natured fun.
“There are so many Filipinos living and working here, and a lot of them get homesick. This event is a chance for them to hang out, listen to music and watch the cultural dance and the comic performances. It goes on for half a day and it’s very enjoyable,” said Ms Mesenas, who has lived here for 14 years.
“They are not trying to invade Orchard Road.”
It is not known why the new citizen, Ms Mesenas, who has sworn an oath to Singapore at her new citizen ceremony, still attends the Philippine Independence Day celebrations regularly. It is also not known if she attends Singapore’s National Day celebrations on 9 August regularly.

Most netizens who oppose the Orchard Road event are saying that they just do not want to see Filipinos celebrating their National Day in a public place. They are not against the Filipinos holding the event indoors or on their embassy grounds like most other embassies do.

A TRE reader, Albert, remarked (‘PM Lee, we are not xenophobic!‘):
The fact is allowing the Philippine people working in Singapore to celebrate their independence day in our own country public place is definitely wrong, period! However, I think there is no offence if they wanted to celebrate the event in their own embassy ground here.

The Singapore Day in London has nothing to do with celebrating a nationalistic or political event. It is the government’s gesture to reach out to Singaporeans living in England and in Europe. It can also be taken as a tourism promotion event.

As such the two events are completely different. So please do not accuse Singaporeans who dare to oppose to be xenophobic. We are not. And on the contrary, we appreciate these foreign workers and professionals coming here to help and contribute to Singapore’s overall economic development.
However, ST tried to downplay the opposition to the event by claiming that only a very small minority of Singaporeans are against it.

It quoted a
Dr Leong Chan-Hoong from the Institute of Policy Studies as saying that “the hostility came mainly from a small group of people”.
LeongCH.jpg

It also quoted a Facebook user, Yim Kuan Low: “Please know that these people are a minority, and there are many Singaporeans who hope you will continue with your event and have a wonderful time.”

In another article, ST opinion editor Chua Mui Hoong asked how well these online responses represented Singaporeans (‘Parallel universes in blogosphere‘, 20 Apr).

She said, “That’s a question I often have when I scan blogs or read reports of netizens’ reactions to events in Singapore.”

She then referred to PIDCS receiving online flak for organizing the Philippines’ Independence Day celebration.

“From all accounts, that anger seems to be an over-reaction from a segment of Singaporeans against a perfectly pleasant, legitimate event. Many others spoke up against such anti-foreigner sentiments,” she said.
She also quoted a survey, “Unlike blogs in English which often discuss current issues, most of those in Chinese and Malay dealt with personal issues. Unlike blogs in English which delight in ripping off mainstream media’s reports, Chinese language bloggers used mainstream media reports as sources of information, not as fodder for criticism.”
Her conclusion is that online, as in offline, there exists “parallel universes, groups are segmented, by language, by interest, by other differentiating factors”.
And Ms Chua’s concluding remark:
So it’s never a good idea to generalise from a group of angry netizens to Singapore society at large.
Ms Chua may or may not be right that angry netizens are a very small minority in Singapore. However, she cannot deny that angry residents now form the majority in Punggol East and Hougang, who chose the opposition WP over the PAP in the last couple of by-elections.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are trying so hard to convince themselves that its a small segment of Singaporeans. When they get royally screwed at the next GE, BE, they start scratching their arse and look dumbfounded by the results. It will take a while and they go back to the same thing - convincing themselves they are right.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are trying so hard to convince themselves that its a small segment of Singaporeans. When they get royally screwed at the next GE, BE, they start scratching their arse and look dumbfounded by the results. It will take a while and they go back to the same thing - convincing themselves they are right.
Next GE, Balless Stinkees will remember they still owe pappies alot of money and will continue to vote pappies into power. Why? Even PEE Noys shit on Stinkees head and expect Stinkee to say thank you to PEE Noys, Stinkees also can exercise maximum restraint leh. In any part of the world, sure PEE NOYS kena hoot until 'do snake' liaoz. Only in Stinking land, Stinkees very good heart or balless.

Well done! Stinkees!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms Chua and her sister have a seriously distinguished track record that no one wants to emulate or even hope to achieve. Can you imagine the tack that this country could have taken some 20 years ago if these two and their ilk chose to be honest to themselves and to this country. Its something that they will take to their grave and their families would prefer to avoid having any links to them.

From young I remember that vast majority of PAP members chose to keep their membership quiet. Some even change to white in some toilet or in their cars wen the reach the venue. Its a behaviour that tells us story.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually I didn't see what the fuss was about until I attended Easter mass. Worse than a jam packed peak hr MRT train in Orchard station and >80% Pinoy!! Almost thought I was in Manila !!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I didn't see what the fuss was about until I attended Easter mass. Worse than a jam packed peak hr MRT train in Orchard station and >80% Pinoy!! Almost thought I was in Manila !!

You allow that to happen! Did you ask your family/relative/friends to vote out pappies? If you did, did you try hard enough?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
People like Cheong Yip, Bertha Henson and Balji etc after leaving the organisation take a complete different tack and even recall stories where they stood firm against the old man. Its like Hitlers SS saying that they only hanged 20 and not 30 and fought for the remaining 10. Manoj Sabnani or Conrad Raj never had to do anything revisionist and those that tainted have to ask why. One clown even went to Harvard, reinvented himself and gave himself a christian name to shed his dirty past.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just imagine if Singaporeans keep quiet, then PRCs in Singapore will also want to hold their National Day celebrations at Geylang and Eu Tong Seng St., Indians and Banglas at Serangoon Rd, Vietnamese at Joo Chiat, Burmese at Penisula Plaza, Thais at Beach Rd, Indonesians at City Plaza, Ang Mos and Europeans at Orchard Rd and so on and so forth...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This, my friends, is called 'hijacking the narrative'.

The pappies and their SPH presstitutes are especially fond of doing this whenever there's some popular resentment against something.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats has always been the SOP - last night the directions from the editors to provide covering fire to support the PM. She they could not find a decent Singaporean which is actually a born SIngporean they went for the next best thing - a new citizen.

This, my friends, is called 'hijacking the narrative'.

The pappies and their SPH presstitutes are especially fond of doing this whenever there's some popular resentment against something.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The strategy of the PAP is to use these pinoy to offset the local voters ( getting more and more) who are against them. By turning these pinoy to local citizens, the PAP hope to remain in power for the next GE hopefully as they expect these pinoys turn locals to vote for them.

They are betting on this.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will the PAP ministers have a basis to sue when the opposition claims that ....

"When foreigners in social media insult sinkees, the PAP government does nothing. When sinkees criticize Pinoys, the PAP government comes out strongly to defend them. Is the PAP government working for sinkees or foreigners?"