• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Changing of times or misleading?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
All WP has to do is stick to the winning formula. It is a rubbish article and no different to sleeping on a magnetic mattress. Continue to work the ground. Take the people with you. Make their cause your cause. The PAP continues to marginalise its own people and therefore take advantage of it.

The myth of about the prowess of scholars and highly educated people holding high grade professional vocations to provide leadership to the people was totally shattered at the Punggol By Elections.

Any lesson on changing tack has to do with the PAP and no one else. They are in hot soup, nobody believes the prostitutes from Toa Payoh and the internet cannot be controlled without the Govt looking bad. People like LTK, SL etc cannot be baited and there cannot be taken to court on some flimsy bullshit.

Just hold to the trajectory.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All WP has to do is stick to the winning formula. It is a rubbish article and no different to sleeping on a magnetic mattress. Continue to work the ground. Take the people with you. Make their cause your cause. The PAP continues to marginalise its own people and therefore take advantage of it.

The myth of about the prowess of scholars and highly educated people holding high grade professional vocations to provide leadership to the people was totally shattered at the Punggol By Elections.

Any lesson on changing tack has to do with the PAP and no one else. They are in hot soup, nobody believes the prostitutes from Toa Payoh and the internet cannot be controlled without the Govt looking bad. People like LTK, SL etc cannot be baited and there cannot be taken to court on some flimsy bullshit.

Just hold to the trajectory.

True, let's hope WP and other opposition parties won't be distracted and try to overdo being a check-and-balance, especially having SDP go back to their antics 6 years ago.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Straits Times survey says check and balance most important.

Local issues? Least important.

True, or trying to make opposition change direction?

http://www.singapolitics.sg/news/checks-and-balances-top-factor-choice-mp

Its fucked up reporting. First they say 35% feel checks and balances are important, making it the most important factor. Than they say 85% feel national policies are important, and 79% feel checks and balances are impt. So which is which.

Anyway it doesn't matter. Newspapers owned by the govt don't carry out surveys out of genuine curiosity or for sake of independent journalism. And time and again it has always paid off for the opposition to ignore the noise coming from MSM and just focus on the tried and tested groundwork formulas.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
True, let's hope WP and other opposition parties won't be distracted and try to overdo being a check-and-balance, especially having SDP go back to their antics 6 years ago.

I felt LTK's speech during 3L's campaign on why it is premature to talk about opposition unity was encouraging. Laid the cards clearly on the table and it was spot on as well. Went down well with both WP supporters as well as the majority of voters. SDP is ground zero on what not to do as political party. Am very sure WP will bear that in mind for as long as they are in existence.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Straits Times survey says check and balance most important ...
total rubbish! ...

sinkies oni bother about how much their pigeon hole wil cost, how much bonus/increment dey wil get, wil dey gonna build o folks home or ft dorm @ my nayborhood, ...

cheq n balance? ... sure, cheq their bank a/c balance ... dat chipskate toothpick pilfering burger wil cheq his cpf a/c balance ...

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I felt LTK's speech during 3L's campaign on why it is premature to talk about opposition unity was encouraging. Laid the cards clearly on the table and it was spot on as well. Went down well with both WP supporters as well as the majority of voters. SDP is ground zero on what not to do as political party. Am very sure WP will bear that in mind for as long as they are in existence.

I am not sure how well it went down or if people even care. What I am quite sure is the issue of "opposition unity" will continue to surface - to no avail.

WP's saving grace is the absence of "opposition unity" in other opposition parties as well.

Firstly, there are no 2 opposition parties outside WP that can unite either. The last party-to-party mergers occurred in 1987 and ironically both involved WP (WP with SUF and WP with Barisan). More ironically in the same year, NSP was founded from broken pieces of various opposition parties, the party which until 3 years ago was led by "top advocate" of "opposition unity" Goh Meng Seng.

Secondly, the proposer of unity always wants the unity to be under his own terms. When SDP wanted unity, they wanted it in the form of a forum. When a party wants to go into a ward and want unity at the same time, the "unity" would be that the other party give way to them.

So, with these 2 points, WP ain't going to look like the devil against unity.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the accuracy of the poll is highly dubious because participation in poll is non-mandatory but election is compulsory. How many people did not respond because they have no idea of politics and current affairs and do not know how to answer? But the poll result only factor in people who responded and not people who didn't. When it comes to election, the result factor in everyone and not just a fraction of it like in the poll.

They should provide data on the number of questionnaires sent out and the respond rate. This would enable us to get an idea the margin of error. Still I think the sample size of 500 is way too low to have any statistical significance. Another thing is the the way the question is phrase could affect the result. Who conducted the poll and where is the sample of the questionnaire?

My opinion is factors like candidate and local issues could play a much bigger role than the poll suggest. I hope opposition don't be misled into believing that national issues is more important than local one.