• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hoodwinked by our PM about London S'pore Day

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Mr Lee recently attended the Singapore Day in London. He said in his Facebook post:"How would we have felt if British netizens had spammed our website, and abused Singaporeans living in Britain?"

As you know PM's Facebook has blown up spectacularly on the net because he did not take into account our feelings and also the unnecessary deletion of a comment by an American who shared his view. It also generated a lot of discussion because of his comment about Singapore Day in London. Well someone who resides there gave me context and here it is,

Victoria Park in London sits practically in the worst neighbourhood anywhere in London. No white person will walk a dog there because white people will not step into the ghetto. It's crime ridden and more importantly it comes under Tower Hamlets Council which is where the Bangladesh Ghetto is and the council is controlled by Bangladeshi. The mayor is a Bangladeshi and both he and the council are investigation by Scotland Yard for corruption, malpractices, fraud, showing favours to their ethnic clansmen etc.

So let's get it straight - Victoria Park is a dump. It's has no comparison to Ngee Ann City by any stretch of the imagination. There are hundreds of parks in London, why choose the worst one? We're they rejected for other parks.

If you think I have been fed bull on this, go google yourself about the park, the council, the Mayor etc. The PM stayed in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea in West. London while the peasants joined him in Hackney Central. No wonder the metal detectors and high security. And we paid $4m for this.

If you ask the Filipino community to have it at Little India, I am sure you would get an emphatic "No".

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lee Hsien Loong: a master of the red herring. :cool:

http://www.redwoods.edu/Instruct/JJohnston/English1B/reading/logic/fallaciesIV.html

We’re not going to win every argument. We’re going to lose some. The question is what do we do when we see we’re going to lose because someone has an idea that is better than ours or because someone identifies a deep flaw in our argument? In other words, when someone offers a more compelling argument than ours or when someone asks us a question we cannot effectively answer, what do we do? Hopefully, we take the intellectually honest path and say something like, “You know, that’s a really good point. I’ll have to think about that” or “You make a good case. I may have to rethink my position.” But we know that not everyone is so committed to the truth that they are willing to accept and/or admit the possibility that they may be wrong. We know that when someone can’t win on the merits of the ideas, he may employ a fallacious argument—like a personal attack on his opponents (ad hominem) or an attempt to scare or shame his opponents into agreement (faulty appeals to emotion) or vague assertions about that just being “the way it is” (begging the question). He may also just try to divert our attention away from the issue he’s losing on. When he does, he’s committed a red herring.

Usually, a red herring argument will be a claim that is related to the issue at hand since the person using the red herring doesn’t want you to notice that he’s trying to shift the topic. The problem is that the red herring argument, while related, isn’t relevant to the topic at hand. In other words, the truth or falsity of the red herring argument has no impact on the truth or falsity of the original argument.

Remember, 60.1%... this is the kind of sleazeball you ardently support. Your Prime Minister. :rolleyes:

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah loong has a point. Even though as an opposition supporter I agree with him.

But hor how come the timing so zun one har. This happens after his London visit?

You think PAP IB is responsible for all these bullshits?

If oppositions supporters are involved, shame one you people. You are a disgraced to Singapore.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw Victoria Park and thought high end. Not even middle end. A park controlled by a South Asian majority town council under investigation for various fraud and corruption. Need I saw more about poor due diligence. Reminds me of the poor due diligence on Micropolis.m

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me see how h comes out the Victoria Park argument, red herring on not.

Facts

1. Park is no where at the top of the 100s of Parks in London.

2. Park comes under. Bangladeshi controlled Town Council.

3. Nobody in the UK will give a fuck if anyone does anything politically incorrect in this particular park. But it will raise their hackles if it was Hyde Park or Kengsington Park.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Victoria Park is where all the Rastafarians gather annually to smoke weed.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me see how h comes out the Victoria Park argument, red herring on not.

Facts

1. Park is no where at the top of the 100s of Parks in London.

2. Park comes under. Bangladeshi controlled Town Council.

3. Nobody in the UK will give a fuck if anyone does anything politically incorrect in this particular park. But it will raise their hackles if it was Hyde Park or Kengsington Park.

Victoria Park is in Murder Mile territory aka Hackney but this has changed with a lot of regeneration investment especially at the upper end of Spitalfields - even LV and Chanel had pop-up stores there a couple of years ago - so the area is increasingly quite hipster:

http://tylerwetherall.com/2013/12/24/uk-clapton-from-murder-mile-to-hipster-village/

http://www.boxpark.co.uk/about/#_

VP is actually quite close to the Burberry factory outlet which PRCs throng to in the busloads - instant replacements available onhand - maybe it is not as silly as it sounds! Hyde Park/Regent's Park is surrounded by Arabs and Russians so not exactly the targeted demographic.

Tower Hamlets is under a Bangla management because they have the biggest immigrant community - it used to be heavily Jewish but after WWII they upped and moved when Britian had to be rebuilt by immigrants from the Colonies hence you find greater concentration in Essex of Jews.

The Tower Hamlet Banglas are mostly from Sylet (not even Dhaka). They run the heroin trade in that part of town under the guise of Indian restaurants - not unusual to see McLarens parked up Brick Lane belonging to the kids of these immigrants - most of the street gangs run the drugs all around this part of London which ironically used to be the feared ganglands of the Kray Brothers (the infamous Blind Beggar pub outside Whitechapel Station is still a tourist spot). Occasionally you will see a funeral procession of some old East London gangster and the chaps following the hearse in their dark overcoats and medallions....the great irony is this is where the City of London is, just across from where Lloyd's of London, London's Metal Exchange and the Bank of England...its all E postcodes.....and this is where the Banglas tried to self-impose Shariah law recently too:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nking-bid-enforce-Sharia-law-East-London.html

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

But hor how come the timing so zun one har. This happens after his London visit?

If oppositions supporters are involved, shame one you people. You are a disgraced to Singapore.

when did you convert to islam?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
No way would a 'Singapore Day' event like this be allowed in one of the Royal Parks in Central London. Furthermore, Westminster or Kensington & Chelsea Councils simply would not issue permits for this kind of event.

http://www.royalparks.org.uk/business/holding-events

it may be possible but take into consideration it is much more liberal country that accepts any opposing view without a hatchlet of lawsuit or any axe of political repercussions which chia thye poh and et al will face.

in short, england belongs to no one practically and no one would take the disparaging view that the civil service is the ruling party and his father is the emperor.

ByTheWay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

By the way since when u became a turn coat?

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Mr Lee recently attended the Singapore Day in London. He said in his Facebook post:"How would we have felt if British netizens had spammed our website, and abused Singaporeans living in Britain?"

As you know PM's Facebook has blown up spectacularly on the net because he did not take into account our feelings and also the unnecessary deletion of a comment by an American who shared his view. It also generated a lot of discussion because of his comment about Singapore Day in London. Well someone who resides there gave me context and here it is,

Victoria Park in London sits practically in the worst neighbourhood anywhere in London. No white person will walk a dog there because white people will not step into the ghetto. It's crime ridden and more importantly it comes under Tower Hamlets Council which is where the Bangladesh Ghetto is and the council is controlled by Bangladeshi. The mayor is a Bangladeshi and both he and the council are investigation by Scotland Yard for corruption, malpractices, fraud, showing favours to their ethnic clansmen etc.

So let's get it straight - Victoria Park is a dump. It's has no comparison to Ngee Ann City by any stretch of the imagination. There are hundreds of parks in London, why choose the worst one? We're they rejected for other parks.

If you think I have been fed bull on this, go google yourself about the park, the council, the Mayor etc. The PM stayed in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea in West. London while the peasants joined him in Hackney Central. No wonder the metal detectors and high security. And we paid $4m for this.

If you ask the Filipino community to have it at Little India, I am sure you would get an emphatic "No".

okay noted

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no need to continue this PEE NOY/Disgraceful topic any more. If Stinkees got some pride or honour, I would have heard some news regarding PEE NOYs kena HOOT by stinkees until like snake in the news liaoz. Again proof that tonychat is right. Stinkees are balless. PEE Noys shit on Stinkee head also can endure.

Well done! Stinkees!