• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fucked up SIA flight failed again

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, If I was your insurance consultant, will help you to claim under scare duress; lost of biz opportunities benefits, pay out quick good.

It doesn't matter. You've delayed my travel schedule, you've fucked up. End of story.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was a high energy landing as a result of quickly stopping a very heavy plane. You can actually google samples of brake energy limit performance charts to see that above certain energy levels, different things happen to the brakes/tires.

So my joke about the pilot landing the plane at high speed is not far off. But why he need to do a high energy landing??

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why google? ask Jo Yeo, she can accurately gives you the answer.

This was a high energy landing as a result of quickly stopping a very heavy plane. You can actually google samples of brake energy limit performance charts to see that above certain energy levels, different things happen to the brakes/tires.

Last edited:

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its his judgement call bro, he is the man on the spot trying to either restore or isolate the airconditioning problem. If he assessed that the problem required an immediate landing eg if someone said they smelt smoke ( not that this happened to this flight ) then the pilot would have to minimise exposure and land very quickly resulting in this high energy landing we are talking about. Not to do so would be very dangerous because airconditioning smoke can result in an uncontrollable onboard fire.

So my joke about the pilot landing the plane at high speed is not far off. But why he need to do a high energy landing??

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its his judgement call bro, he is the man on the spot trying to either restore or isolate the airconditioning problem. If he assessed that the problem required an immediate landing eg if someone said they smelt smoke ( not that this happened to this flight ) then the pilot would have to minimise exposure and land very quickly resulting in this high energy landing we are talking about. Not to do so would be very dangerous because airconditioning smoke can result in an uncontrollable onboard fire.

So it is prob a more serious problem than just a 'air con problem'!! I mean these 'high energy!' Landings r very dangerous. U go too far or too heavy, u can actually collaspe the wheels, rite?

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pilot has got to get the landing technique correct at these high landing weights otherwise a heavy landing coupled with a hard landing could affect the structure of the landing gear. Either one of these conditions would require a check done by Engineering.

An airconditioning problem could come in many forms, ranging from a simple one like an airconditioning unit ( or pack ) not working in the automatic mode to very complex ones resulting in pressurisation issues . Basically the actions of the pilots would be guided by the published checklists although checklists cannot cover every conceivable fault and at times the pilot would have to use some knowledge of the airplane systems and his discretion, including commonsense to try to bring the event to a safe conclusion.

He does not have to arrive at the best solution to the onboard problem , just a safe one.

So it is prob a more serious problem than just a 'air con problem'!! I mean these 'high energy!' Landings r very dangerous. U go too far or too heavy, u can actually collaspe the wheels, rite?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pilot has got to get the landing technique correct at these high landing weights otherwise a heavy landing coupled with a hard landing could affect the structure of the landing gear. Either one of these conditions would require a check done by Engineering.

An airconditioning problem could come in many forms, ranging from a simple one like an airconditioning unit ( or pack ) not working in the automatic mode to very complex ones resulting in pressurisation issues . Basically the actions of the pilots would be guided by the published checklists although checklists cannot cover every conceivable fault and at times the pilot would have to use some knowledge of the airplane systems and his discretion, including commonsense to try to bring the event to a safe conclusion.

He does not have to arrive at the best solution to the onboard problem , just a safe one.
U from SIA, bro? U seem to know a lot!! Just to share I don't agree with thread view on SIA, think and still do it's great Singapore company, just wish we have more!!

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not from SIA bro but my work is airline related and I have also been interested in this aircraft since I was a kid.

U from SIA, bro? U seem to know a lot!! Just to share I don't agree with thread view on SIA, think and still do it's great Singapore company, just wish we have more!!

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Learn from air India. No air con.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...ingapore-due-to-faulty-ac-units/1/356663.html

Faulty AC units force passenger flight to return to Singapore
PTI Singapore, April 20, 2014 | UPDATED 10:55 IST

A Singapore Airlines (SIA) flight was forced to return to base after taking off from the Changi Airport here following a fault with two of the aircraft's air-conditioning units.

Photo for representation only. (Photo: Reuters)
Photo for representation only. (Photo: Reuters)
Click here to Enlarge
An SIA A380 en route to London had to return to the airport within 35 minutes of the take-off.

Flight SQ322 took off at 2:23 am on Saturday but turned back with several tyres deflated on landing at 3 am, The Sunday Times reported. The passengers disembarked the plane on tarmac instead of the aerobridge at the terminal, said the report. They were put on a replacement aircraft, which left at 11 am for London. The flight takes more than 13 hours to reach London.

The report said that there were at least two other incidents involving SIA's Airbus A-380 jets this year. In February, Flight SQ 25 from New York to Singapore via Frankfurt landed at Changi after a 23-hour delay. The plane was inspected by engineers in Frankfurt for scratches on its body and later cleared for take-off.

In January, Singapore-bound Flight SQ317 made an emergency landing in Azerbaijan about 10 hours after leaving London. The plane had lost cabin pressure, apparently due to a leak in one of its doors. The door was replaced before the aircraft could return to Singapore.