• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fucked up SIA flight failed again

Ass_Loong_Son

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...ingapore-due-to-faulty-ac-units/1/356663.html

Faulty AC units force passenger flight to return to Singapore
PTI Singapore, April 20, 2014 | UPDATED 10:55 IST

A Singapore Airlines (SIA) flight was forced to return to base after taking off from the Changi Airport here following a fault with two of the aircraft's air-conditioning units.

Photo for representation only. (Photo: Reuters)
Photo for representation only. (Photo: Reuters)
Click here to Enlarge
An SIA A380 en route to London had to return to the airport within 35 minutes of the take-off.

Flight SQ322 took off at 2:23 am on Saturday but turned back with several tyres deflated on landing at 3 am, The Sunday Times reported. The passengers disembarked the plane on tarmac instead of the aerobridge at the terminal, said the report. They were put on a replacement aircraft, which left at 11 am for London. The flight takes more than 13 hours to reach London.

The report said that there were at least two other incidents involving SIA's Airbus A-380 jets this year. In February, Flight SQ 25 from New York to Singapore via Frankfurt landed at Changi after a 23-hour delay. The plane was inspected by engineers in Frankfurt for scratches on its body and later cleared for take-off.

In January, Singapore-bound Flight SQ317 made an emergency landing in Azerbaijan about 10 hours after leaving London. The plane had lost cabin pressure, apparently due to a leak in one of its doors. The door was replaced before the aircraft could return to Singapore.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the contrary, it has done a good job. If you were a passenger, would you want the aircraft to go back or carry on?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All airlines suffer minor malfunctions on a regular basis. This is hardly unique to SIA.

You can view all the incidences logged by the NSTB at http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/ and perform specific searches for various types of aircraft.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometime mechanical problems happen , even with other airlines. Your travel delayed; i am sure they can compensate according to the rule. You can go travel on other airlines, but it does not mean that similar things will not happen.

It doesn't matter. You've delayed my travel schedule, you've fucked up. End of story.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Singapore Airlines (SIA) flight was forced to return to base after taking off from the Changi Airport here following a fault with two of the aircraft's air-conditioning units.
Flight SQ322 took off at 2:23 am on Saturday but turned back with several tyres deflated on landing at 3 am

can sadshishamo help to explain how air-cond fault result with deflated tires

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
No aircon passengers will choke to death in the air. Singaporeans feet beri precious cannot touch the tarmac one har? Must have aerobridge then can one har?

Last edited:

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An aircraft departing Singapore for London would be a very heavy aircraft. If it returned to land after only 35 minutes it would have landed still very heavy requiring heavy braking in order to stop within the landing distance available. A lot of heat would have been generated by the brakes and this heat would be transferred to the tires.

Many moons ago this kind of heat would have caused the tires to explode but these days there are what is called fusible plugs that cause tire deflation when the heat nergy exceeds a certain level.

Deflated tires are a much safer option as exploding tires can kill people and also damage components in the wheel bay.

can sadshishamo help to explain how air-cond fault result with deflated tires

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a safety measure, should the pilot not dump the fuel mid-way? This should make the aircraft lighter as well as safer to land.

An aircraft departing Singapore for London would be a very heavy aircraft. If it returned to land after only 35 minutes it would have landed still very heavy requiring heavy braking in order to stop within the landing distance available. A lot of heat would have been generated by the brakes and this heat would be transferred to the tires.

Many moons ago this kind of heat would have caused the tires to explode but these days there are what is called fusible plugs that cause tire deflation when the heat nergy exceeds a certain level.

Deflated tires are a much safer option as exploding tires can kill people and also damage components in the wheel bay.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes dumping fuel would have been a good thing to do to land lighter and not require so much braking action, but it all depended on what kind of airconditioning problems they were experiencing and if there were any other related issues that had to do with safety thereby requiring a speedy landing.

As a safety measure, should the pilot not dump the fuel mid-way? This should make the aircraft lighter as well as safer to land.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I was your insurance agent, I will help you to claim "scare duress" compensation, payout quick good. you may call TKL for advice.

I want refund my ticket and fly any other airline.

I want bang table at SIA counter.

Last edited:

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This was a high energy landing as a result of quickly stopping a very heavy plane. You can actually google samples of brake energy limit performance charts to see that above certain energy levels, different things happen to the brakes/tires.

U kidding me, rite!! U telling me the plane tires cannot handle a fully loaded plane landing ??