• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

it's all ready, i am leaving sinkie land for downunder in a couple of months

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
krafty, all the best.

Cabbies do quite well in Australia.

However, the whites will chope the day shift and you will probably end up driving night shift.

This can be dangerous, so you have to be prepared.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
wish me luck...:o

will your couple of months be the same like LKY's dying in couple of days.

if he dies first, will you change your mind?

what if he knees down and beg you to stay? after he dies of cos...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need a visa to pick up any form of employment. Other than a holiday and catching up with friends and relatives, there is no way you can engage in employment or even business. Lot of people go there in search of a job and you won't even get a look-in without a visa. I know a guy who was keen to pursue golf as profession and with his wife as a nurse thought he will give OZ a try on the basis that nursing is in great demand which it is.

After 3 months along the East Coast of OZ, and going to many hospitals it was the same answer - no visa we cannot proceed. He was misled to believe that they will sponsor the visa. They do sponsor only when you apply form your home country.

Sadly he gave up disappointed. Quite silly actually when the wife could have applied after returning home.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't worry about the visa and passport crap! If you got liao, you still can make it big anywhere.

If got time, read this book call Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
As you are not leaving now, do a bit of research and get a visa. You have an advantage as you are a UK Engineering Grad, speak and write well. I have seen less qualified getting visas. Its a country that needs a lot of people and and lots of work to be picked up. Min Wage means you can live a lot better than many people in Singapore. Also got safety net.

i prefer to stay away from him cos' of his seatless bicycle...:biggrin: