• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee deletes unfavorable comments from his Facebook

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not that surprised or upset by the Filipino organizing such an event at orchard road. It is just their rowdy, insensitive nature, not taking into consideration the reaction of the locals. They probably think that since they have "occupied lucky plaza", orchard road is their playground.

I am more taken aback by the swift, aggressive reaction from the PM. Is this such an important issue that he has to stick out his neck? After all, he has been known to take quite some time to respond to past major issues.

Sadly, his involvement seems to have stoked the fire instead. A layman can read from all the reactions that his comment is provocative and incites more negative sentiment. He certainly has dipped his hands into a pile of shit. It doesn't help to solve the problem but has only made it worse.

Losing popularity from this silly mistake is small matter. The bigger concern now is that should a minor incident happen during the event involving the locals, it can become explosive.

Maybe it is important for him to remember the wise saying, "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

AungSanSuShi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Censorship the Lee family style.
The current PM is quite lenient towards his critics. If he were to adopt LKY's style, the state courts would be very busy and our prisons full of vocal critics. Plus names of many bankrupts added to the OA's list every day

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can't go full tilt like his father, not in this climate. His kids would look bad.
The current PM is quite lenient towards his critics. If he were to adopt LKY's style, the state courts would be very busy and our prisons full of vocal critics. Plus names of many bankrupts added to the OA's list every day

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fully agree on all points.

I am not that surprised or upset by the Filipino organizing such an event at orchard road. It is just their rowdy, insensitive nature, not taking into consideration the reaction of the locals. They probably think that since they have "occupied lucky plaza", orchard road is their playground.

Maybe it is important for him to remember the wise saying, "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same sentiments. After CJ's remarks I thought he will do his usual and hide and wait for the storm to pass like all incidents. I think after this he will now go back to plan A again.

Consider not bad already. Deleted only. At least he did not go into hiding.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
honestwhite-1024x1024.jpg

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
politicians take the good AND the bad.... cant take the heat , should not be in politics

Last edited:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was this a knee jerk reaction? Was it because his lackeys did not feed him with the full facts? ? Or was it an intentional act to show once again who is the boss?

Bigotry, Disgrace and Repulsive are strong words which should be contemplated before it comes out of anybody's mouth, let alone high ranking govt officials.

So now the million dollar question is : Will the event still happen on 8 June?

My take is that it will, esp now that the words are spoken and the damage is done. Its their usual style to go all out and above all - to save face

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The event will carry on. Nobody except the Filipinos actually care about the event on whether it goes on or not. For Singaporeans it was an opportunity to object strongly about the Govt current set of policies in regard to foreign immigration and work policies.

Was this a knee jerk reaction? Was it because his lackeys did not feed him with the full facts? ? Or was it an intentional act to show once again who is the boss?

Bigotry, Disgrace and Repulsive are strong words which should be contemplated before it comes out of anybody's mouth, let alone high ranking govt officials.

So now the million dollar question is : Will the event still happen on 8 June?

My take is that it will, esp now that the words are spoken and the damage is done. Its their usual style to go all out and above all - to save face

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just look at the headlines.

He still does not realise that dignity is important for an individual. The message that comes across is that we should be grateful and beholden to foreigners for providing us with job, an opportunity to raise our kids and get a home and put food on our table. Really arsehole.

How the fuck did we come to this.

I know of a family whose family lost their sole breadwinner in an industrial accident. The neighbours wanted to hand over money and groceries. The lady turned it down politely. She however went over and told the school principal that she needed 6 months to pay the school fees. The principal said not a problem and there is scheme for such cases. She said no.

She took to sewing clothes, curtains and doing minor alterations. In 6 mths she made the payments to the school. This story was told to me by a retired school principal about parents with dignity. He found out about the neighbours and what she did by talking to her 2 school children. He told me that his faith in people was immense.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gong cheebye PM who thinks he can get away with such a sneaky move....
Self pwned haha this cyberspace thingy is bad for business to PAP.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Gong cheebye PM who thinks he can get away with such a sneaky move....
Self pwned haha this cyberspace thingy is bad for business to PAP.

it will be the same typcal action
DO NOT ADRRESS THE ISSUE, even tho there is OVERWHELMING proof out there...

in that way, altho guilty, still so called innocent coz of high postion

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And we all yum seng and yum seng and yum seng again to that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY becoming a rotting corpse and being fucked and tiewed and kanned by legions of demons and ghouls

WE SING AND DANCE ON TABLE TOPS AND STREETS

AND THEN WE CLEANSE STINKAPORE TO BECOME SINGAPORE AGAIN
AND COLLABORATORS AND RUNNING DOGS WILL DANCE UNDER LAMP POSTS