• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee endorsed Pinos' Independence Day Celebration in Singapore!!!

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who harassed Philippine Independence Day organisers ‘a disgrace to S’pore’: PM Lee

SINGAPORE — Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said he was appalled to read about those who harassed the organisers of the Philippine Independence Day celebrations in Singapore. In a post on Facebook today (April 19), Mr Lee said these people are a “disgrace to Singapore.”

The Prime Minister posted the comments after recent reports about Filipinos being targeted online for planning to celebrate their Independence Day in Singapore.

Acting Minister for Manpower Tan Chuan-Jin had also posted on Facebook yesterday, calling for Singaporeans to take a stand against bigotry.

Mr Lee said in his post that it was fortunate the harassment appeared to be the work of a “few trolls”, and he was heartened to see that “many sensible Singaporeans condemn this thuggish behaviour”.

He also said that Singaporeans “must treat people in Singapore the way we ourselves expect to be treated overseas”.

“Many Singaporeans live overseas, and are warmly welcomed in their adopted homes,” he added.

Mr Lee recently attended the Singapore Day in London. He said in his Facebook post: “How would we have felt if British netizens had spammed our website, and abused Singaporeans living in Britain?”

He encouraged Singaporeans to show that “we are generous of spirit and welcome visitors into our midst, even as we manage the foreign population here”.

“Otherwise we will lower our standing in the eyes of the world, and have every reason to be ashamed of ourselves,” the Prime Minister added. CHANNEL NEWSASIA

How can he parallel events between S'pore Day in England and Pinos' Day in S'pore?
Have Sinkies ever taken away British jobs and push them away before?
Have Sinkies ever crowded in England before?

Guessed almost a few hundreds overseas Sinkies would attend such event while there might be few thousands or even five-digit numbers of Pinos attending their event here.
Sinkies' event overseas will never threaten the locals there, but FT events here make the locals being threaten.

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who harassed Philippine Independence Day organisers ‘a disgrace to S’pore’: PM Lee

SINGAPORE — Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said he was appalled to read about those who harassed the organisers of the Philippine Independence Day celebrations in Singapore. In a post on Facebook today (April 19), Mr Lee said these people are a “disgrace to Singapore.”

The Prime Minister posted the comments after recent reports about Filipinos being targeted online for planning to celebrate their Independence Day in Singapore.

Acting Minister for Manpower Tan Chuan-Jin had also posted on Facebook yesterday, calling for Singaporeans to take a stand against bigotry.

Mr Lee said in his post that it was fortunate the harassment appeared to be the work of a “few trolls”, and he was heartened to see that “many sensible Singaporeans condemn this thuggish behaviour”.

He also said that Singaporeans “must treat people in Singapore the way we ourselves expect to be treated overseas”.

“Many Singaporeans live overseas, and are warmly welcomed in their adopted homes,” he added.

Mr Lee recently attended the Singapore Day in London. He said in his Facebook post: “How would we have felt if British netizens had spammed our website, and abused Singaporeans living in Britain?”

He encouraged Singaporeans to show that “we are generous of spirit and welcome visitors into our midst, even as we manage the foreign population here”.

“Otherwise we will lower our standing in the eyes of the world, and have every reason to be ashamed of ourselves,” the Prime Minister added. CHANNEL NEWSASIA

How can he parallel events between S'pore Day in England and Pinos' Day in S'pore?
Have Sinkies ever taken away British jobs and push them away before?
Have Sinkies ever crowded in England before?

Guessed almost a few hundreds overseas Sinkies would attend such event while there might be few thousands or even five-digit numbers of Pinos attending their event here.
Sinkies' event overseas will never threaten the locals there, but FT events here make the locals being threaten.

You must have lost your job to a cheaper and more capable pinoy.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can our Gov. allow such thing?
Pinos' Independence Day at open public place?

Oooh you bad, naughty xenophobic Sinkie. Isn't it sweet that the Pinoys are celebrating their independence (and interdependence) with us?

We should be gracious and integrate with them. Stick our longanisa inside their balut and stir it up. :biggrin:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never lost my job to someone, but my pay was not appropriately improved over 10-years, then I resigned and become freelance Consultant.
In 1990's my pay was about S$3,500-4,000.
In 2000's the pay was about S$5,500.
Then in 2010's the pay remained about the same as 2000's.

I become one of the local professionals affected by PAP open door policies, causing the salary frozen or reduced!!!

Last edited:

coldbutt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was talking to a Pinoy pasar malam stall holder yesterday. He has become a Singapore citizen, while the rest of his family remain PR. As a native born on Filipino soil, he can always revoke Singapore citizenship and get back his Philippines citizenship. (No kidding, that was what he said, out of his own mouth.) So he is basically here to work and make money.

What value does the PAP government see in this type of opportunist, uncommitted citizen?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You must have lost your job to a cheaper and more capable pinoy.

yes, we have our ricebowls smashed not only by the Filipinoes, many of whom, can grow some rice, rear some poultry to get by, back home, when they are broke & sell..while we can't. We have lost jobs & yet, have to pay for a PM who more expensive than the president of the USA....

We are definitely more capable than any pinoy, we have the best education in SEA, people come here for training & learn about our education system...how can we not be much more capable...

but, we are unable to protect our ricebowls...they are being SMASHED!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, we have our ricebowls smashed not only by the Filipinoes, many of whom, can grow some rice, rear some poultry to get by, back home, when they are broke & sell..while we can't. We have lost jobs & yet, have to pay for a PM who more expensive than the president of the USA....

We are definitely more capable than any pinoy, we have the best education in SEA, people come here for training & learn about our education system...how can we not be much more capable...

but, we are unable to protect our ricebowls...they are being SMASHED!!:rolleyes:

1255516_646847048681619_276387615_n.jpg

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]I’m sick of pappies calling us ‘bigots’ or ‘xenophobes’![/h]

dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
April 19th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

Philippines-Independence-Day-2014-at-Civic-Plaza-212x300.jpg
I’m just sick and tired of pappies twisting words and
calling us “bigots” or “xenophobes” over the celebration of Pinoy’s I-Day in
Orchard Rd.

Let’s make one thing clear. Many of us who oppose Pinoy’s celebration are NOT
saying they cannot celebrate their I-Day. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT twist our
words.

What we are saying is that they can celebrate their I-Day in Singapore AS
LONG AS IT’S NOT IN PUBLIC! That’s what most of us are saying.

They can celebrate inside their own embassy or indoor venues like hotels,
Singapore Expo, Suntec City, NUS auditoriam, DBS auditorium, NTUC auditoriam. We
don’t care.

We just don’t want to see them waving their flags on our soil, singing their
national anthem here. Why can’t they be sensitive to our feelings?

How would they feel if 10,000 Singaporeans celebrate our National Day in
downtown Manilla?

TRE wrote a very sensible article (http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/04/18/netizens-oppose-pinoys-celebrating-their-n-day-publicly/)
showing that UK, US, China and Malaysia all celebrate their national day either
inside their embassy or in hotels. Did we complain against them? No, we did not.
Because none of them is stupid enough to go pitch a large tent and ask thousands
of their citizens to descend onto Orchard Rd to celebrate. As what TRE said,
these embassies are sensitive to Singaporeans’ feelings.

To those Singaporeans who said it’s no big deal and let foreigners celebrate
their national day in downtown Singapore openly, I say they are the real
disgraceful Singaporeans who have lost their bearings. They have forgotten who
they are and where they came from.

One day, when these people get replaced by cheaper foreign workers, don’t
come back and turn to Singapore for help. Go to these foreign countries or ask
their embassy for help. See if you are still welcomed and accepted by them!

*sheesh*

Frustrated Singaporean

* Contributed by TRE reader

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I am shocked that we have a leadership that hates its own people. Nowhere in the history of mankind there exists such a country. This is cruelty and betrayal of the highest order and it's shocking that it could last so long.

dumbo

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually I am shocked that we have a leadership that hates its own people. Nowhere in the history of mankind there exists such a country. This is cruelty and betrayal of the highest order and it's shocking that it could last so long.

like papa,like son.