• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Troubling lapses in handing of Sick NSF at coroner’s hearing. NS for SGs. Jobs for...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do well to remember that as the multi-millionaire FAP Traitor ministers are enjoying life and pandering the their FTrash pets' demand, the FAP Traitor PeeM deems fit to attack SGs for standing up against foreigners' trampling of the country's sovereignty and treating NSmen like dispensable digits. In functional countries, this would have resulted in outright revolution and swift retribution to the traitors. In SG, there are still 60% gong kias who still throw in their lot with the traitors regardless and falling over one another to polish the traitors' balls.

From The Online Citizen: http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...-in-handing-of-serviceman-at-coroners-hearing/
[h=2]Troubling lapses in handing of serviceman at coroner’s hearing[/h]
ganesh-pillay1-680x365.png

April 07
18:59 2014

?Print This Article ?Share it With Friends
??by onlinecitizen ? 0 Comments

By Terry Xu
The second hearing of the coroner’s inquiry for the death of National Serviceman Private (Pte) Ganesh Pillay Magindren took place at the State Court on Thursday last week.

Pte Ganesh, 23 years old was found dead at the bottom of Sengkang condominium where he lived at on 5th July. He had been suffering from schizophrenia and had enlisted as a national serviceman in the Singapore armed forces on 9th October 2012.

Dr. Mogilan, who was then the medical officer at Khatib Camp, pointed out to the State Coroner, Mr Imran Abdul Hamid that there were no documents handed over from Kranji camp, the previous unit of Pte Ganesh to the unit’s medical centre to alert them of the psychiatric condition of the serviceman. However it was noted that no handover was required as all information was supposed to be digitized and accessible via the computer system.

It was only after an initial visit to the medical centre by Pte Ganesh on 29[SUP]th[/SUP] November that made him aware of his medical condition by accessing Pte Ganesh’s information via the electronic medical system.

When asked why he did not inform the officer of Pte Ganesh, Captain (Capt) Jessie Goh about his condition, Dr. Mogilan replied that he did not inform the S1 of the unit nor the commander. He had assumed that the manpower officer would have known the PES status of servicemen posted to the unit and would be in the interest of the officer to have asked the reasons behind his downgrade.

When Pte Ganesh first arrived at his unit, Capt Goh arranged an informal interview with him and got to know that he was suffering from depression and was seeing a private doctor.

Capt Goh revealed to Mr. Imran that she did not pursue further on his condition and assumed the depression that he spoke of was just simply being sad.

Subsequently in his stay at the unit, Pte Ganesh was given extra duties as informal punishment for his tardiness and inability to handle daily chores. According to testimonies by Pte Ganesh’s fellow camp mate and the unit’s medical officer, he was treated harshly and was scolded in front of his camp mates.

Capt Jessie did not think much into how Pte Ganesh’s medical condition might have contributed into his inability to perform daily chores that he was then penalized for.

After reading the letter passed by Pte Ganesh from his private psychiatrist, Dr. Paul w. Ngui on 6th April. A letter was sent to SAF counselling centre (SCC) on 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] May 2013 of the issues that Capt Goh was facing. She sent the letter as officers were encouraged to engage SCC when they have difficulties dealing with soldiers.

However, there was no reply from SCC even till the point of the death of Pte Ganesh with only an acknowledgement to say they have received her letter.

It was revealed at the hearing that a letter was given to the Medical Classification Centre (MCC) at the Central Manpower Base (CMPB) when Pte Ganesh went for the medical classification in January 2012. The letter was subsequently not passed to the units where Pte Ganesh was posted to.

Cpt Jessie Goh only got to see the letter at the hearing itself.

The letter wrote in detail the medical condition of Pte Ganesh and the circumstances of which he was admitted to hospital for his mental illness and Capt Goh said that it would have spurred her to send Pte Ganesh to see the unit’s Medical Officer.

It is revealed that in the army’s directive, servicemen will psychiatric problems will be generally posted in service vocation and that a letter will be sent by Personnel Management Centre (PMC) to inform the unit commander of the medical condition of the serviceman with the aim of understanding and managing the serviceman.

This was, not the manner of which Pte Ganesh was managed.

No letter was sent to the unit informing the unit commander or the officer in charge of Pte Ganesh of his medical condition. It was only after Pte Ganesh’s visit to the Psychological Care Centre (PCC) on 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] of July that a letter was sent on 4[SUP]th[/SUP] July (1 day before Ganesh’s death) from Control of Personnel Center (CPC) informing Capt Jessie of his condition that she understood the seriousness of his issue.

That fateful day

When Pte Ganesh returned from a 7 day medical leave on 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] July, he was given an increased dosage of medication by his attending psychiatrist – from one pill to three.

Cpt Goh said that it did not occur to her that Pte Ganesh’s condition was any worse as his father had told her that he was better,and she took his word for it.

On 4[SUP]th[/SUP] July, she gave Pte Ganesh, 14 extras (weekend duties) as punishment for his tardiness which she felt was ok as he did not show any signs of grievances nor feedback that it was unfair.

When Pte Ganesh was given Attend C (medical leave) on 5[SUP]th[/SUP] July, Cpt Goh drove Pte Ganesh back home instead of having him rest in his bunk.

Cpt Goh said she felt that he would rest better at home.

Later on the same day, Pte Ganesh fell to his death while being alone at home. He was found at the bottom of his condominium three hours after he fell.

The hearing for the coroner’s report will continue at State Court on this Tuesday afternoon.

See detailed report for testimonies of the witnesses

Captain Jessie Goh: “Symptoms seens as problems with adjusting with military life”
Dr. Mogilan: “Dangerous general assumptions to have”
Also read up Dr. Ang Yong Guan’s personal take over the incident. “Should male Singaporeans suffering from Schizophrenia serve national service?”

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Troubling lapses in handing of Sick NSF at coroner’s hearing. NS for SGs. Jobs fo

http://therealsingapore.com/content...erve-ns-while-healthy-new-citizens-are-exempt

[h=1]EVEN SCHIZOPHRENIC SINGAPOREANS SERVE NS, WHILE HEALTHY NEW CITIZENS ARE EXEMPT[/h]

<!-- /.block -->
<style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style>
Post date:
9 Apr 2014 - 7:47pm

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Background Story: Coroner's report: No wrongdoing surrounding death of schizophrenic NSF

A Coroner's report into the death of NSF Pte Ganesh Pillay has found no wrong on to part of the SAF in his death.

Ganesh, who suffered from Schizophrenia, was found dead at the foot of his Condo block in July last year and there are concerns from his family that the SAF had not taken enough care about his mental condition.

While the coroner reported that there was no wrongdoing, it was also apparent that Ganesh's supervisor was not fully aware of the nature and extent of his mental illness.

Ganesh was diagnosed with Schizophrenia when he was 18 years old and this was known to the SAF, however instead of exempting him, he was just downgraded to PES E.

It is understood that this was the decision as Ganesh was receiving treatment and his condition was considered stable.

While his army training may not have been the cause of his death, there is reasonable suspicion that it was a contributing factor to his stress.

Why wasn't Ganesh exempted completely?

Many new citizens and first generation PRs don't have to serve even if they are healthy, especially if they are slightly older.

Why is it that a mentally ill Singaporeans is more fit to serve Ns than healthy, but slightly older New Citizens and PRs?

New citizens, PRs and born and bred Singaporeans all live on this Island together and it is our home. However, it seems that it is always only the true blue Singaporeans that need to serve while the others just enjoy the benefits.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Troubling lapses in handing of Sick NSF at coroner’s hearing. NS for SGs. Jobs fo

nsf cannot be trust 1.
at the ffi..i ask nsf keleng why he drawed a big tube of blood and used only a third for blood test,with the balance discard a way..he give me a dirty smile and say everybody is the same.

at the medical center again..another keleng took my ecg.he ask me to took out all my metallic items and mobile phone because he say the reading fuckup.after that i check with 1 doctor from national heart center and 1 nurse from toa pay yoa polic clinic ,they say no such non sense.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My sympathies with the family and friends of Ganesh.

What I find even sadder (and mad) is for 60% to vote for a govt that treat foreigners better than them.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

During my NS time also got same case. But that case, it is the father who wanted the son to enlist. We treated him well but it still happen.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Given this CPT Goh did not seem to be a empathic person (if not, which officers in the right frame of mind would give a NSF 14 extras unless the NSF murders the officer's father or mother) , why was she so kind as to drive him back on 5th July. What happened on that day that prompted her to drive him back?

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

Given this CPT Goh did not seem to be a empathic person (if not, which officers in the right frame of mind would give a NSF 14 extras unless the NSF murders the officer's father or mother) , why was she so kind as to drive him back on 5th July. What happened on that day that prompted her to drive him back?

maybe Ganesh was making fun of CPT Goh about being a virgin and using vibrator to satisfy her need.when she caught him,he give him 14 extras to sleep with the cobra and snakes

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

nsf cannot be trust 1.
at the ffi..i ask nsf keleng why he drawed a big tube of blood and used only a third for blood test,with the balance discard a way..he give me a dirty smile and say everybody is the same.

at the medical center again..another keleng took my ecg.he ask me to took out all my metallic items and mobile phone because he say the reading fuckup.after that i check with 1 doctor from national heart center and 1 nurse from toa pay yoa polic clinic ,they say no such non sense.

Yup must be cos of the bad reputation of shit skins that's why he kenna 14 extras. Many ppl forget it and think they are honest like chinese.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

"Dr. Mogilan, who was then the medical officer at Khatib Camp, pointed out to the State Coroner, Mr Imran Abdul Hamid that there were no documents handed over from Kranji camp, the previous unit of Pte Ganesh to the unit’s medical centre to alert them of the psychiatric condition of the serviceman. However it was noted that no handover was required as all information was supposed to be digitized and accessible via the computer system."

My medical docket is still missing, I am not kidding about this....so this is the 21st century...what is not new with SAF??

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup must be cos of the bad reputation of shit skins that's why he kenna 14 extras. Many ppl forget it and think they are honest like chinese.

yup agree.we are the honest group. up u already.if can up u many times, i will with no hesitation:biggrin:

Last edited: