• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forbes: NZ facing economic disaster

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak!!! Why need to mention Singapore too?

New Zealand's economy is heading for a crisis, according to a commentator writing in Forbes magazine.

Jesse Colombo outlines 12 reasons why New Zealand's economic bubble will end in disaster and he catalogues the likely fallout.

"New Zealand's economy has been hailed as one of world's top safe-haven economies in recent years after it emerged from global financial crisis relatively unscathed.

"Unfortunately, my research has found that many of today's so-called safe-havens (such as Singapore) are experiencing economic bubbles that are strikingly similar to those that led to the financial crisis in the first place," Mr Colombo says.

His lists of reasons why a crisis is coming includes high interest rates, high property prices, the exposure of banks to the property market and the high New Zealand dollar.

"As if the fact that almost half of New Zealand's mortgages have floating rates isn't scary enough, mortgages now account for 60 percent of the country's banks loan portfolios, which means that the financial sector is heavily exposed to the eventual popping of the housing bubble," he said.

When the bubble bursts the price of property, shares and bonds will fall, people will default on debt and banks will notch up losses.

The economy will contract, unemployment will rise and the New Zealand dollar will fall.

In February, SLJ Macro Partners analyst Stephen Jen likened the New Zealand economy to Ireland's economy before it collapsed.

In a speech last week Finance Minister Bill English said the May 15 Budget would forecast growth of between 2 and 4 percent a year out to 2018.

3 News/NZN

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If only NZ had a government as talented as the PAP, the country would not be in such a situation.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
If only NZ had a government as talented as the PAP, the country would not be in such a situation.

Unlike US and Singapore, New Zealanders tend to have lower levels housing debts, college loans and credit card debts, right? That's my perception, correct me if I am mistaken.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
boss sam... pls offer your services to the NZ gahment as their PM. they will be pleased to know of your talent and will pay well.

2 sheeps a year?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sinkapore in the same boat lah. Sinkees will be hard hit. No safety net. You better take cover as the lynch mob will be out.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Unlike US and Singapore, New Zealanders tend to have lower levels housing debts, college loans and credit card debts, right? That's my perception, correct me if I am mistaken.

I don't have the comparative figures.

I found this :

http://www.rbnz.govt.nz/statistics/key_graphs/household_debt/

And government debt is 60 BILLION! Interest is 27 million a day!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/9380846/Public-debt-climbs-by-27m-a-day

Credit card debt :

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11193350

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP.........
MAY PAPEES, CRONIES N FAMILIES BURN ETERNALLY IN HELLS.........
MAJULLAH SINGAPURA.........
GOD BLESS SINGAPORE..............
REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

iamhere says a lot about this:"The democracy shall cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those
LEECHES who would not.”

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His lists of reasons why a crisis is coming includes high interest rates, high property prices, the exposure of banks to the property market and the high New Zealand dollar.

Don't bother trying to link this to SG

SG is low interest rates and exposure of banks here to property market is not that great. Property in SG mostly borrow from CPF which in turn is guaranteed by the government reserves. Government reserves are not invested in SG Property so this issue he mentioned is unique to NZ. If SG is facing similar troubles than its different issue, he needs to write one more focus one on SG instead