• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Destitute Elderly Committed Suicide in Fu Lu Shou Complex

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man found dead in toilet cubicle
By Chia Shimin
The New Paper | Fri, Apr 18, 2014
SINGAPORE - Fu Lu Shou Complex, in the heart of Bugis, is known for shops selling religious amulets and traditional Chinese medicine.
So when a naked man was found dead in a toilet in the shopping mall, it got the buzz.

On Monday, a 61-year-old man was found dead in a toilet cubicle for the handicapped on Level 3. He was naked and on his knees.

Ms Sun, 40, who sometimes visits the mall, happened to be at the mall that day. She learnt about the incident from a cleaning supervisor who had found the man.
"The man had been in the toilet for two to three hours," Ms Sun told Shin Min Daily News what the supervisor had told her.

Suspecting something was amiss, the supervisor knocked on the door and "forced open the door after getting no reply".

The man was found with his head hung and his right hand still between the railing and the wall.

Mr Hong, 46, who happened to be there when a small crowd was forming outside the cubicle, told Shin Min: "He was completely naked and motionless."

A Singapore Civil Defence Force spokesman said an ambulance was dispatched at around 3.40pm.

So who was the man?

Shop owners told The New Paper he was part of a group of elderly people who would spend all day at the mall. They were lonely, with little means but a lot of cheer.

KNOWN

Ms Low Siew Kiow, 52, the owner of a hair salon at the complex, said the man and his friends were known to the shop owners there.

She told The New Paper: "I see many of these uncles in their 60s and 70s sitting along the walkways. I see several of them sitting outside my shop every day.

"But my colleagues and I don't have the heart to chase them away. They seem like they do not have a comfortable home to go to and look very pitiful.

"Anyway, its not my business to chase them away. They are generally harmless."

Mr Tan Khok Ning, 55, the owner of a wood carvings shop on Level 3, said: "I had seen the man several times wandering alone in this shopping mall.

"I bumped into him a few times at night in the men's toilet. He was washing himself in one of the toilet cubicles.

"I believe he is homeless and I'm not surprised. There are many such lonely homeless men wandering in the shopping mall and the vicinity."

He said the man would often seek refuge in the mall, eating packets of rice sometimes donated by passers-by and shop owners.

Police are investigating the incident as a case of unnatural death.

[email protected]
This article was published on April 16 in The New Paper. Get The New Paper for more stories.

20070410_Lee-Hsien-Loong_0_5_0_6_0.jpg

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng replies: why say committed suicide?:confused: maybe he just had a heart attack while pangsai-ing leh?:biggrin:

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is a dictatorship n why cant the gahmen implement proper policies to deal with this issue? Y cant they do something like in Soylent Green whereby at least these people hve a choice n can die with dignity? Being in a dictatorship means having the means to give the finger to the religious clowns n human rights assholes who just make life difficult for others n have no economic realism?

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng replies: why say committed suicide?:confused: maybe he just had a heart attack while pangsai-ing leh?:biggrin:

"The man was found with his head hung and his right hand still between the railing and the wall."

lianbeng pang sai in this position? :eek:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Homeless old man? Wat rubbish ish dis?? All sinkie got car hokey! Sum asshole doctor got 2 somemore...:biggrin::biggrin:

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
if more Singaporeans have shown more sympathy and concerned to him, he would not have considered suicide.

this showed singapore is an indifferent nation.

i am disgraced to be a singaporean.

Last edited:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wayang party supporters creating rumors again. Jobless nothing to do, create rumors to let co driver driver the bus and crash. KNN.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because the children choose to laze around spreading rumors on the internet rather then caring for their parents.

The two need not be mutually exclusive, you know.

Also, some call it 'spreading rumor', others call it 'educating the masses'. It's all a matter of perspective, and whom you pledge your loyalty to.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is a dictatorship n why cant the gahmen implement proper policies to deal with this issue? Y cant they do something like in Soylent Green whereby at least these people hve a choice n can die with dignity? Being in a dictatorship means having the means to give the finger to the religious clowns n human rights assholes who just make life difficult for others n have no economic realism?

Soylent Green? Hush, don't give them ideas.

Anyway, we're halfway there. Can't afford treatment for your illness? Enrol yourself in a hospice and indulge in first class palliative care.

One day, euthanasia will be legalized to cull the undesirables in the hospices. They will spin it as 'dying with dignity'.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even wayang party trying to gain political credits from such news make me worry.

if more Singaporeans have shown more sympathy and concerned to him, he would not have considered suicide.

this showed singapore is an indifferent nation.

i am disgraced to be a singaporean.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
The two need not be mutually exclusive, you know.

Also, some call it 'spreading rumor', others call it 'educating the masses'. It's all a matter of perspective, and whom you pledge your loyalty to.

Let the old man die in piece. To use such news to your political advantage is definitely shameless. Worse than the Papies.