• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The full circle - the Lee Family Story

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both husband and wife on their return from England joined the law firm of Laycock & Ong. The wife was in the same room as a British lawyer of the firm and both did conveyancing. Each morning she would turn up for work and he would greet her as she walked past him to her desk. There was no reply. In the course of the day he would make small talk out of politeness and the response from her was monosyllabic. He came to the conclusion that she was anti-British (anti-foreigners). To drive the foreigners out was the general local sentiment as they were treated as 2nd class citizens. It was the right reaction and the message had to be sent.

The above came out during an interview carried out by an Associate Professor from NUS doing project work in relation to the early development of Singapore's legal system and the various personalities that formed the Bar then. The lawyer in question is Kenneth Hilborne who founded Hilborne & Co and retired in 1980.

So why did the future Prime Minister's wife and present Prime Minister mother behaved in such an uncouth manner. Mind you she was raised from an elite family and educated in Cambridge. So it was not about feeding herself and living a good life. It was then 1951.

63 years later, the Prime Minister's cabinet colleague CJ Tan and MOM minister writes of Singaporeans being bigots. Are we now 2nd class in our country again? Do our children have an uncertain future? Why would we react in this manner to foreigners?

The Prime Minister's mother who was highly educated, from a wealthy family behaved in no less a manner that what we Singaporeans are doing. Did we behave like this 10 years ago? I am certain we did not. So what changed?

In the late 70's Mr Hillborne sold me his two bedroom bungalow sitting on 15000 sq ft of freehold land at 15 Chee Hoon Ave for $380,000.

Held it on for about 8 years and flipped it for a hefty profit.

One afternoon over tea at his house, he had not one kind word for the old bastard!

He retired to live in Man of Isles.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, is there anyone of importance that you do not know or met. Even Hilborne!

I saw him once sitting in a quiet corner of a hotel reception area sipping tea and going thru his case files. The hotel was a small family owned hotel in a row of shophouses in Brinchang, Cameron Highlands and it was the weekend. I thought he might feel more comfortable at Fosters Smoke House or the Merlin. It did paint a positive picture of a man, who missed his home climate and yet was diligent enough to work for his client during weekends.

In the late 70's Mr Hillborne sold me his two bedroom bungalow sitting on 15000 sq ft of freehold land at 15 Chee Hoon Ave for $380,000.

Held it on for about 8 years and flipped it for a hefty profit.

One afternoon over tea at his house, he had not one kind word for the old bastard!

He retired to live in Man of Isles.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....I pcc u and u pcc me.....
all the cock & bull stories with senior perm sec thrown in......
bonus up to 36 mths...
svp with no cap.......
despite black and white (white paper) and news release (Bonus quantum for each year)...can still insist they knew better....I like to lick their balls.....shiok sendiri.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha.....I pcc u and u pcc me.....
all the cock & bull stories with senior perm sec thrown in......
bonus up to 36 mths...
svp with no cap.......
despite black and white (white paper) and news release (Bonus quantum for each year)...can still insist they knew better....I like to lick their balls.....shiok sendiri.

And we all yum seng and yum seng and yum seng again to that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY becoming a rotting corpse and being fucked and tiewed and kanned by legions of demons and ghouls

WE SING AND DANCE ON TABLE TOPS AND STREETS

AND THEN WE CLEANSE STINKAPORE TO BECOME SINGAPORE AGAIN
AND COLLABORATORS AND RUNNING DOGS WILL DANCE UNDER LAMP POSTS