• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

need help on electrical

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have a panel.
DB will supply 230V incoming to my panel.
At my panel, i have the incoming live wire terminated to mcb.
1 day my worker need to replace some part in the panel.
he turn off the mcb in the panel and start taking out live neutral and earth wires within the panel .
the incoming power to panel mcb he did not touch of course.

in the mid of working, our panel had trip the rccb of the main DB and cause inconvenience to other because the DB share with other.
the worker ask already power off the mcb...how can cause trip even when any any wire touch each other.

i say maybe the answer lay in the neutral wire.
yes the live wire is isolated by the mcb,but the neutral from the incoming source is not.
i ask if he got touch the neutral wire to earth or any casing by accident , he shake his head and say no.

anyone can explain my theory is correct or not?

Last edited:

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dun have a clear picture, but your neutral may not be a real ground, my guess...try connecting to the other neutral.

http://www.ab.com/support/abdrives/documentation/techpapers/rfignds.htm

the worker ask already power off the mcb...how can cause trip even when any any wire touch each other.

i say maybe the answer lay in the neutral wire.
yes the live wire is isolated by the mcb,but the neutral from the incoming source is not.
i ask if he got touch the neutral wire to earth or any casing by accident , he shake his head and say no.

anyone can explain my theory is correct or not?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
hallo cowboy.. both of you do work neber engage licensed eletrical working dude (LEWD). you cannot come here make LEWD statement and ask if it is rite or wrong. If is he LEWD, anything wrong he answer.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
you speak like gahment, everything:rolleyes: also need licence, i am an EEE with honours grad....

hallo cowboy.. both of you do work neber engage licensed eletrical working dude (LEWD). you cannot come here make LEWD statement and ask if it is rite or wrong. If is he LEWD, anything wrong he answer.