• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Burberry everywhere!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
San Francisco 2 years ago, old Chinese thin uncle wearing huge Hermes belt. Saw the same belt in the local press article also old uncle but cannot remember what incident. That belt was like a beacon for bad fashion

I thought its Hermes?

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
San Francisco 2 years ago, old Chinese thin uncle wearing huge Hermes belt. Saw the same belt in the local press article also old uncle but cannot remember what incident. That belt was like a beacon for bad fashion

Remember the ah tiong who crashed his ferrari and killed himself together with a few people, his father wore the Hermes belt....look very very obiang on him.... C ronaldo wore that same belt look stylish though

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pfft, Hermes bag, Kelly, Birkens, met sort after handbags not just the tiong bus. Lv, Prada, considered middle class nowadays. Burberry surprisingly made huge in road in China.

Too expensive for their lau kongs to buy. Have, but very few. Saw a belt. Costs 1k. More than my beloved Dunhill.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, thats the one. Really obiang.

Remember the ah tiong who crashed his ferrari and killed himself together with a few people, his father wore the Hermes belt....look very very obiang on him.... C ronaldo wore that same belt look stylish though

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any Dunhill brand lover here? Used to be fascinated with this brand when I started smoking some 20 years ago.. Maybe due to family influence as my grandpa and dad were smokers of Dunhill ciggies..

When I got my first pay years ago, I splurged half of my miserly pay into buying a Dunhill Rollagas Slim lighter..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Marlboro Red

Any Dunhill brand lover here? Used to be fascinated with this brand when I started smoking some 20 years ago.. Maybe due to family influence as my grandpa and dad were smokers of Dunhill ciggies..

When I got my first pay years ago, I splurged half of my miserly pay into buying a Dunhill Rollagas Slim lighter..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dunhill bestest to go with kopi IMHO... Marlboro Red, Lucky Strike, Benson and Hedges all no fight...

Yes, Yes.. Dunhill for me!!! I even had a Dunhill belt 7 years ago given to me by an Uncle.. Wore it and took some ribbing by my mates..I persisted and even wore that belt for my wedding...

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dunhill belts are the best. Great value for money. In the mid and late 70s, Lanvin and Givenchy were its rival. Nowadays where to find Lanvin? At least Givenchy is still around. Other brands like Gucci, Balmain also no fight with Dunhill.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dunhill belts are the best. Great value for money. In the mid and late 70s, Lanvin and Givenchy were its rival. Nowadays where to find Lanvin? At least Givenchy is still around. Other brands like Gucci, Balmain also no fight with Dunhill.

Brands like Lanvin, Balmain and Givenchy all have great resurgences in the past 5 years especially with the Chinese crowd who moved away from "streetwear" fashion to upmarket streetwear fashion - a Givenchy sweatshirt is about 2000 sgd - Balmain jeans is about 2000sgd upwards (see Club 21) - the problem these brands suffer is the licensed the brand off so it gets confusing as there are main lines (with proper big name designers behind them) and the sub-licensed brands of the same name which are your staple clothes without anything "fashionable" about design...Lanvin under Lucas Ossendrivjer/ Givenchy under Richardo Tischi is very atas and expensive - check on the Luisaviorama online website for the prices and they are not the same product as the ones you pick off the shop floor in Taka...

Dunhill is kinda stuck as they became popular around 2001/2002 but still too stuffy...PRC tourists love it though - Burberry has a couple of factory outlets in London and usually also have 2 sample sales a year in Central London - there is a factory in East London (Hackney) where you can walk in and drown in the. Burberry tartan to your hearts content for 50-80 percent off old season stuff...a must-stop for PRC tourists but Hackney is known as murder mile because of high violence mugging and gang wars....but hey it's on discount!

Montagut prices are around 130sgd now for a polo and they also have online presence - in. Galleries Lafayette in Paris it's 150euros for the classic montagut fil lumiere - the boutique in Chinatown closed down but there is the oldest seller on Montagut in People'S Park still selling them and a shop in Queensway....not sure where else....

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brands like Lanvin, Balmain and Givenchy all have great resurgences in the past 5 years especially with the Chinese crowd who moved away from "streetwear" fashion to upmarket streetwear fashion - a Givenchy sweatshirt is about 2000 sgd - Balmain jeans is about 2000sgd (see Club 21) - the problem these brands suffer is the licensed QUOTE]

Thank you. Very informative.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old man think wearing it to KTV is in-form and look young, KTV girl knew another sucker is borne, squeeze and squeeze till he is dry up kick him off like a rubbish.
Rich men wear Hermit, Chanel, LV.....
Rich men Drive Lamparinne, Farlali, Porche, Benny, Roll Royce....
Rich men Eat Abalone, Shark Fin, bird nest....
Rich men Live in Orchard, Ardmore Park Oxley vicinity

I did not see this here but kept seeing Burberry all over the West and all worn by Chinese, both males and females especially middle aged and older. The tartan shirt is so ugly but the I have seen older men wearing it.

What is the story behind this. Not seen this phenomenon in Singapore.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arrow brand -100 % all rubber Japanese slippers.. (blue straps on white base)
I ne'er go anywhere without them.