• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Burberry everywhere!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not see this here but kept seeing Burberry all over the West and all worn by Chinese, both males and females especially middle aged and older. The tartan shirt is so ugly but the I have seen older men wearing it.

What is the story behind this. Not seen this phenomenon in Singapore.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The origins of Burberry stem from their famous waterproof trench coats worn during the great World Wars.
There isn't much need for Burberry trench coats in sunny Singapore and besides, the brand is associated with 'Chavs' (the British equivalent of Ah Bengs/Lians) in the U.K.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I did not see this here but kept seeing Burberry all over the West and all worn by Chinese, both males and females especially middle aged and older. The tartan shirt is so ugly but the I have seen older men wearing it.

Because we arent exactly tiongs anymore?

We are the stuck in betweens....only the west regard our women as great because they get to fuck them and hear their moans and responses in english from their pinkerton slaves.....

Shiok......(for them)... The angmohs said so themselves........

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Familiar with the trench coast. We are talking about regular clothing's.

The origins of Burberry stem from their famous waterproof trench coats worn during the great World Wars.
There isn't much need for Burberry trench coats in sunny Singapore and besides, the brand is associated with 'Chavs' (the British equivalent of Ah Bengs/Lians) in the U.K.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkies have better tastes or ....not enough money to buy...........

Hahahahaha

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remembered yingluck in her Burberry boots.
Suaku me skyways thot this brand is cheaper (inexpensive).....until kena chopped carrot by a thai Gro whom I bought a handbag....wtf prices even more ex than LV.

LimSiaSuay

Alfrescian
Loyal

no diff from montagut, etc. once the life cycle is over, the price will fall faster then gravity.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Tiongs are now brand conscious.. They are willing to splurge on any expensive things that caught their eyes but they just can't buy class!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

burberry, montagurt, caserini etc clothes are so ugly and old fashioned. I go for hip brand like Topman.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
burberry, montagurt, caserini etc clothes are so ugly and old fashioned. I go for hip brand like Topman.

Topman now passe.. Even Ah Tiongs now go for hip designer shirts like Paul Smith.. Go for Stone Island brand.. I doubt the Ah Tiongs and our local Bengs knew of this brand from UK..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no diff from montagut, etc. once the life cycle is over, the price will fall faster then gravity.

Montagut still got support from lao yankee uncles right?
Montagut used to be de riguer for bookies and towkays alike....complimented with a front half head lion perm hairstyle, long nailed pinky and accessorized with gold chain and solid gold rolex king.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Topman now passe.. Even Ah Tiongs now go for hip designer shirts like Paul Smith.. Go for Stone Island brand.. I doubt the Ah Tiongs and our local Bengs knew of this brand from UK..

Is it then jialat lah my wardrobe all topman's items, the materials are very the good and stylish. Stone Island I never heard also, only know River Island.

Certain designer brand e.g. True Religion, the jeans are fucking ex and looks normal , material so so, just sew 1 fucking TR tab can sell $600-700 siao

Tiongs are party goer and money spender, they are fast to earn quick buck and spend quick buck, do not underestimate them.

Last edited:

No_Collar

Alfrescian
Loyal
What makes u guys think these tiongs are wearing the original stuffs! I got so many ah tiong bu friends in wechat and most of them keep posting photos of their fake branded goods to sell.... :biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i prefer Hunting World to those you've mentioned :o:o:o

Had few Hunting World shirts during early 90s.. The brand was the in thing then among Fire disco tea dance clubbers.. Don't think the brand is available anymore in S'pore..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe Singapore was first introduced to Burberry in the early 90s when the Bengs and the Mats of my generation made the brand popular while going for tea dances at the old Fire Disco..