• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Burberry everywhere!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The worst brand now is COACH. NB almost every woman carrying that. Even Groupon or Deal.com.sg has offers for COACH bags regularly.

What is the use of wearing all these. when they command no Impression & even "respect" & can open many doors, wearing them, remember recently a pawnshop was robbed by a person wearing a Sheng Shion Logo T-shirt. What did the pawn shop worker say...." SS" she give "respect"...so, we must wear those brands that command "respect" & open doors, " Sheng Shiong". " NTUC", "People's Associations"...& of course the ultimate brand "PAP". madke that into T-shirts, Shirts, dresses, handbags, underwear etc..

That kind of brand...you MUST WEAR!..burberry..etc ! ha ha ha ha :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The woman rsponsible for burberrys resurgence has now moved to apple ....tartan ipads may just be the new rage. Brace yourselves.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no diff from montagut, etc. once the life cycle is over, the price will fall faster then gravity.

Both brands cater to different market. Burberry has char bor stuff. Montagut for men only. Branding also bo siang. Montagut miles behind. Price wont drop for Burberry.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Tiongs are now brand conscious.. They are willing to splurge on any expensive things that caught their eyes but they just can't buy class!

Last time PRC gals favour Prada. For the past decade LV. Never mind the fact they cant pronounce Vuitton.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Montagut still got support from lao yankee uncles right?
Montagut used to be de riguer for bookies and towkays alike....complimented with a front half head lion perm hairstyle, long nailed pinky and accessorized with gold chain and solid gold rolex king.

Bell bottomed pants and at least 3 inch heels. Cig cant hide. Place on shoulder. Die die must carry Dupont.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once I was shopping with my wifey and the sales lady had a nice scent on her. It made me horny and I wanted to cuddle and fondle her because of it. So when wifey not looking, I asked her what scent she was wearing, and she said Burberry. But I couldnt get enough details since wifey noticed like I was hitting on her and came back within earshot that I couldnt pursue it.

Since then, Burberry had something special for me.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not see this here but kept seeing Burberry all over the West and all worn by Chinese, both males and females especially middle aged and older. The tartan shirt is so ugly but the I have seen older men wearing it.

What is the story behind this. Not seen this phenomenon in Singapore.

You remember Montagut?? now all hawkers and Ah Peh are wearing them!!

Way back in the 1970's my fren who was in the insurance, was making good money
he would purchase half dozen white Montagut shirt that cost $36.00 during those days,
it was considered expensive in the 70s!! Classy shirt made in France!! yow yow!!

Now hawker's uniform!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
spot on! you can spot me anywhere you go. i'm wearing a blurberry t with veryblur shorts. even my sandals have a blurryberry theme. so blur that i wear matching underwear and very blurberry baseball cap. i love the checkered design so much that i'm putting my waldo outfit away for good. :wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first time I know that brand was a big issue was when I saw nearly all the bookies in Jalan Besar Stadium wearing Montagut.

I recall an incident when Police had to be called to a factory or warehouse where there was a closing down sale for Montagut in Jurong Industrial estate.

You remember Montagut?? now all hawkers and Ah Peh are wearing them!!

Way back in the 1970's my fren who was in the insurance, was making good money
he would purchase half dozen white Montagut shirt that cost $36.00 during those days,
it was considered expensive in the 70s!! Classy shirt made in France!! yow yow!!

Now hawker's uniform!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't even know half the brands that you mentioned in this thread.

I used to see LHL dropping Tangling Shopping mall to have his shirts and suits tailored made by National Tailors.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember SS tucking their cig packs under the short sleeved t-shirts.

Also remember when big bell bottomed pants with high waist past the navel and in bright colours such as red, green. Obiang central.

That time Ah BEng fashion went berserk but the Ah Lians were not so outlandish.

Then suddenly one Chinese New Year all the uncles came for home visit with permed curly hair.

Bell bottomed pants and at least 3 inch heels. Cig cant hide. Place on shoulder. Die die must carry Dupont.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The first time I know that brand was a big issue was when I saw nearly all the bookies in Jalan Besar Stadium wearing Montagut.

I recall an incident when Police had to be called to a factory or warehouse where there was a closing down sale for Montagut in Jurong Industrial estate.

Nightclubs and bars were two other places in the 70s where the men were attired in their Montagut.