• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Makan Bagus At These Kopitiams ...............

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
good ...go for it.....if for some ass luck reason the CKT stall is closed when you happen to go there....then the fish soup is also good stuff to try. There are 2 stalls selling fishsoup ...go to the stall next to the bak chor mee.

Sounds good. Will visit asap.

Tattoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Syed Alwi Rd - wonton mee, chicken rice, satay, hokkien mee/or luak/carrot cake, yong tau fu. All the stalls serves great food.

Sin Ming Rd - kiam chye ark/duck rice, char siew/sio bak, Ah Orh seafood, bak kut teh.

Others? Leave out hawker centres.

Ah Orh seafood sounds very ah beng. What is so special about it? Or just tasty?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
sin ming... too dirty, i hate to see pigeon around everywhere, on the floor on the tables, it is disgusting.

otoh, the kpt nearer to thomson road serve very nice chai tow kuey

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
chai tow kuey also can try blk 119 market, aunty at corner stall serve up one of the best in town. and the kuey chap is also bagus.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Orh seafood sounds very ah beng. What is so special about it? Or just tasty?
Ah Orh is teochew tze char in kopitiam restaurant. Pedigree past from old Ellenborough market along Sg river decades ago.

Last time I was there eons ago, even had a small wine menu

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Orh is teochew tze char in kopitiam restaurant. Pedigree past from old Ellenborough market along Sg river decades ago.

Last time I was there eons ago, even had a small wine menu

Yes, from Teochew kuay previously. First makaned there in the 70s. Then it was Ah Orh's father doing the cooking.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tracy is correct regarding their present location.....the queue for this guy's CKT is usually quite long.......only today not so .
Is the old man still frying, the last time I was there it was a young man though the wife was still there. Std slightly lower.

Last edited:

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corner Kopitiam of King George's Ave/Maude Road serVes one of the Bestest Char kway Teow !..
This Chap Looks uncanniLy Like Ti Lung; stiLL uses Pork Lard oiL ..Song ! :wink:

I was going to ask about the beer promoters but you beat me, heehee.

Another veLy goodest CKT is the former Margaret Drive stall.
now relocated to Telok Blangah Crescent food ctr.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
kallang airport market... lau fu zhi but the cook is aunty sometime.

dunno where the da fun shu went