• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Makan Bagus At These Kopitiams ...............

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
which one do you order from zeddy?......last time i noticed there were 2 stalls but i have never tried them. Wife sometimes eats the rojak keling though.

Uncle Erection, try the satay at Haig Rd HC.. Our family are regulars there for many years..We often order our satay from them for CNY and Christmas.. After many years, their Satay still the best and the price quite reasonable as compared to the rip offs at Lau Pa Sat.. But cannot tahan the waiting time.. For just 10 sticks of satay, sometimes you need to wait for at least 20 mins because the owner really make sure he do your Satay properly.. He will not compromise on quality..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's called Warong Sudir just next to the Mama stall selling Mee Goreng.. It's the first stall of the Halal section of the Hawker Ctr.. On the same row just also located one of the best Mee Rebus in Spore.. The price still $2.50 as compared to $3 charged by most stalls now..

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
thanks.....i try one day when i'm around there

It's called Warong Sudir just next to the Mama stall selling Mee Goreng.. It's the first stall of the Halal section of the Hawker Ctr.. On the same row just also located one of the best Mee Rebus in Spore.. The price still $2.50 as compared to $3 charged by most stalls now..

is this the one at ceylon road?

Fuck!!! Just reached Katong Laksa but shop yet to open..

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
agreed....there doesnt seem to be any good satay stalls in the east coast side anymore.....east coast lagoon has got a few stalls but they are mostly not very good or inconsistent. Bedok corner is also quite hopeless......simpang bedok satay is usually overdone and quite dry. The only places i haven't tried are the stalls in the geylang serai area and the ones at the haig road HC.

I somehow feel satay sold by chinese taste better than the Malay one. There is one push cart unlicensed satay seller in Tiong Bahru estate. He been selling satay for more than 30 years in the estate and everyone here know him. His satay is much better than many satay stalls I tried.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I somehow feel satay sold by chinese taste better than the Malay one. There is one push cart unlicensed satay seller in Tiong Bahru estate. He been selling satay for more than 30 years in the estate and everyone here know him. His satay is much better than many satay stalls I tried.

Some of the Chinese stalls don't have beef satay, only chicken and pork. That's why I go for the Malay ones.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks.....i try one day when i'm around there

is this the one at ceylon road?

The one further up at East Coast Rd before the Still Rd Esso Kiosk.. Lazy to turn back to Ceylon Rd as the traffic getting heavy, so I proceeded to Bedok North 88 now for some Teochew Fish Porridge..

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok I'm back so here's my contribution from this moring

First the singing uncle at Tanglin Halt Market

[video=youtube;2tRLE_LDQ5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tRLE_LDQ5Y[/video]

This prata is the best I had so far in coffeeshop next to above hawker centre

Take a 1min walk to the Tanglin Halt Food Centre (blk 1A) there is this stall formerly from ABC market I have to say the fishball is fresh natural and QQ. Taste really good

Behind this stall are two stalls side by side the Lor Mee is pretty good this stall has been around for ages but close often, guess the two ladies running it practice sufficiency economy next to it is a stall for char kway teow and o-lua, don't be mistaken by the bad looking char kway teow as it tastes great o-lua is great too

Then there is the old timer 老夫子 fishball noodle this I had it sice secondary school days which means a long long time ago, standard had dropped I have to admit but its still not bad

Next to the above hawker centre is a coffeeshop famous for the vegetarian noodle, here is this morning's queue, always quite long but its really nice, I had posted this often in the Thai thread

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Too bad no time for Mei Chin market if I go there it'll be another field day as most of those popular ones from the now closed Margaret Drive Food Centre had moved there.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
thanks for the info...the only thing is i am very seldom around this area.

AungSanSuShi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone lekcommend me where I can eat the most delicious fish ball noodle soup, yong tau foo, rice porridge that satisfy the following criteria: no MSG (monosodium glutamate), soup contains less than 1% of soya sauce (soya sauce must contain less than 5% of sodium), no sugar, fish balls must not contain additives and preservatives, rice must be from Vietnam or India My budget of 1.20 SGD for a bowl of fish ball noodle soup should be sufficient given that the food handler would have saved a lot of ingredients preparing my dish.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, thanks, missed this post. i am a fan of old world mee goreng also the Shenton Way style where the tomato taste to is noticeable.

Boon Keng market, two stalls competing every night for customers, i go for the stall using the green bowls :p:p:p
they pack a punch with their tulang and beehoon-mee goreng too! mean stuff they serve! punishing to the lips and belly, but i like... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, very hard to get. Your best bet is the fish balls noodle where the crunchiness does help with the reduced taste.

Can someone lekcommend me where I can eat the most delicious fish ball noodle soup, yong tau foo, rice porridge that satisfy the following criteria: no MSG (monosodium glutamate), soup contains less than 1% of soya sauce (soya sauce must contain less than 5% of sodium), no sugar, fish balls must not contain additives and preservatives, rice must be from Vietnam or India My budget of 1.20 SGD for a bowl of fish ball noodle soup should be sufficient given that the food handler would have saved a lot of ingredients preparing my dish.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Istana. Free food.