• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Makan Bagus At These Kopitiams ...............

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all those who are Mee Goreng Experts:

I always wanted to know the answer to this question. Why the mee goreng cooked inside a kopitiam taste very different from Hawker Centre stalls The ones in KPT cook usually in the evening and in the morning sell prats, rich and dishes for lunch and then mee goring and chapati at night. Also the mer goreng always got green chilli.

The hawker Centre Mee Goreng stall sell all day plus things like Tulang, sometimes soup combing etc.

My kakis also noticed but no one has the answer. Even the Indian kakis also cannot explain.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
for me... the fav is

black bean sauteed fish head

HKSt_SumKee_006.JPG

difficult to find someone who can cook this to succulent taste.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this Toa Payoh Lor 4 Hokkien Mee featured by Leslie Tay recently. the tao chew was apparently headman of Hong Hong San according to the FB post.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...t=a.212171996301.143603.86804456301&source=46

I couldn't help it. Went down TP Lor 4 to try today. Ok, got water level. Not the most fantastic though. They take down orders and serve customers 7-8 at a time as the cook does one whole wok and then empties it onto many plates at once. Two female stall helpers. One with translucent T-shirt and when she bent over to scribble my order ......... .........

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
warouz... pap standard fallen so much.. even English fail ones also can be cadre. tsk tsk....

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best tasting beef noodles can be found at Stall 42 Newton Circus.

Do order the mixed beef soup only. Manyak bagus, but lose to my version decades back when I was selling !:o

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
did they use charcoal to cook the noodles?

Zhihau this guy at block 40 Beo Crescent uses charcoal but I long time not go there makan. I have to say this is one of the best I've eaten.

YangZhouFriedHokkienMee_xx_zps0423f489.jpg