• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Makan Bagus At These Kopitiams ...............

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Anyone know where to get good quality soup kambing, mama style.

Boon Keng market, two stalls competing every night for customers, i go for the stall using the green bowls :p:p:p
they pack a punch with their tulang and beehoon-mee goreng too! mean stuff they serve! punishing to the lips and belly, but i like... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yah, they close in the afternoon once they run out of that days stock. Also the guy and his family are nice hearted and courteous. Goes a long way in this crowded society.

This was a recommendation from a Malay colleague.. Try the Kambing Soup stall next to the famous Indian Rojak stall at Geylang Serai Market.. They serve good Mee Goreng too..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That one is Beach Road prawn mee, no wonder it is name after a road. How about Onan Road prawn mee?

Ok Thanks.. Drove past the place few times but yet to makan there...Onan Rd prawn mee is also known as Joo Chiat prawn mee right?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Btw, just came back from East Coast Laguna, the satay quality really drop a lot!!

Don't ever try the Satay at Bedok Corner.. The stall run by a hard core fat fuck Mat druggie.. Quality dropped after the father passed the business to his fat fuck useless son..

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone know where to get good quality soup kambing, mama style. I know it is bloody unhealthy but it was one of the first non-chinese dish I was introduced to by an uncle. Used to love the stuff. I know there is one at Bedok opposite the Army camp. There is also the Chinese one at Bedok HC.

Best kambing soup is at Commonwealth blk 116. The old man sells nothing but kambing soup.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is also another old dish that I am keen on locating. Also sold by mama - Mee Siam, the old fashioned one where the beehoon would be piled high with hard boiled eggs. The last time I saw this was at Golden Shoe HC.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The one at East Coast Rd belongs to the same owner? Usually very packed there..

Brothers. Their father used to be at Jln sultan opposite Jln kubor where now hotel Santa grand is.
East coast one opened a branch restaurant style at siglap....somehow maybe customers think expensive so business not so good.

Along beach road got another famous one former blanco court prawn noodles

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is also another old dish that I am keen on locating. Also sold by mama - Mee Siam, the old fashioned one where the beehoon would be piled high with hard boiled eggs. The last time I saw this was at Golden Shoe HC.

People tell me jurong east interchange there is one....
I think overhyped.....sold by a Chinese aunty no less....mee Siam must be Malay

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
adam road market - awfully dirty, beware of bird dropping coming down from the roof above.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
agreed....there doesnt seem to be any good satay stalls in the east coast side anymore.....east coast lagoon has got a few stalls but they are mostly not very good or inconsistent. Bedok corner is also quite hopeless......simpang bedok satay is usually overdone and quite dry. The only places i haven't tried are the stalls in the geylang serai area and the ones at the haig road HC.

Btw, just came back from East Coast Laguna, the satay quality really drop a lot!!

Don't ever try the Satay at Bedok Corner.. The stall run by a hard core fat fuck Mat druggie.. Quality dropped after the father passed the business to his fat fuck useless son..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brothers. Their father used to be at Jln sultan opposite Jln kubor where now hotel Santa grand is.
East coast one opened a branch restaurant style at siglap....somehow maybe customers think expensive so business not so good.

Along beach road got another famous one former blanco court prawn noodles

Ok thanks for the info..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
agreed....there doesnt seem to be any good satay stalls in the east coast side anymore.....east coast lagoon has got a few stalls but they are mostly not very good or inconsistent. Bedok corner is also quite hopeless......simpang bedok satay is usually overdone and quite dry. The only places i haven't tried are the stalls in the geylang serai area and the ones at the haig road HC.

Uncle Erection, try the satay at Haig Rd HC.. Our family are regulars there for many years..We often order our satay from them for CNY and Christmas.. After many years, their Satay still the best and the price quite reasonable as compared to the rip offs at Lau Pa Sat.. But cannot tahan the waiting time.. For just 10 sticks of satay, sometimes you need to wait for at least 20 mins because the owner really make sure he do your Satay properly.. He will not compromise on quality..

Why I warned about the satay at Bedok Corner.. The useless son used to pinch money from the stall without his father knowing about it... Usually during closing time when the father was not around.. That fucktard would buy drugs with the money and also splurge it on his slut Minah GF now wife.. He used to run a small time drug business too using the proceeds from his father's Satay stall.. After his father passed away, the useless son took over the Satay stall and their satay quality really dropped after that... Now son running the show solely, and heard business has been bad..

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hokkien mee stall very popular. Expensive. Imo, so-so only.

Duck rice not too sloppy.

Many singers stay above the kpt opposite, also lor 29.

double confirm the hokkien mee standard. i prefer the east coast road one.

another famouc CKT is zion road HC, and of cos beach road HC.