• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Makan Bagus At These Kopitiams ...............

LimSiaSuay

Alfrescian
Loyal
the rojak q has toned down a fair bit, usually i order rojak when my q for duck rice is nearly there. and mind you, the duck rice stall also have good toothpicks.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bros staying in East side should also check out the CKT at Bedok North 88 hawker centre..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last night had western food and seafood at Changi Village with few Malay colleagues.. The price not too bad.. Its a halal kopitiam owned by a Chinese chap... The coffeeshop busy and packed through the night..

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These are the few kopitiams and HC I try to go whenever I am back.

1. Maxwell Road HC (mainly for Hainanese Curry Rice and Hainanese Lor Mee )
2. Chinatown Complex HC (claypot rice/Bee Hoon/Porridege/Raw fish)
3. People Park HC (Yong Tau Hoo and Bao)
4. Tiong Bahru HC (Mee Siam/Char Siew/Sio Bak Rice)
5. Red Hill Market (Carrot Cake and see old friends)
6. Old Airport Road HC (Char Kuay Tiow and Kway Chap)
7. Hong Lim HC (Bak Kut Teh and Prawn Noodle)
8. Golden Shoe (Nasi Lemak)
9. Geylang/Sims Road (Hokkien Noodle/Claypot Rice/Wanton Noodle)
10. Aljunied HC/Coffee Shop (Claypot Rice/Fish Soup Rice/Bee Hoon/Laksa)
11. Alexandra HC (Prawn Noodle/Zhi Char/Mutton Soup/Satay)
12. ABC HC (Fish ball noodle/Satay Bee Hoon/Teochew porridge)

and many more...

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
yes the old man is there....see him almost all of the time......sometimes hear him too when he bickers with his wife.

Is the old man still frying, the last time I was there it was a young man though the wife was still there. Std slightly lower.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sticking to topic I think one of bestest kopitiam is Gl lor 30 plus where Sin Huat zhi char is....got duck rice and turtle soup in same joint

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
the duck rice at lor 12 drop standard liaoz.

was way much better when old man was alive.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Q? use your head lah! when you are there ask your fren to get his name and tel. no. pass it to you then you call him up and talk in high pitch pretend to be old/regular customer eg. Ah GONG! CHAR 2 BOA! AI HUM! 5 MINS LAI KIA! order your kopi at next table talk cock sing song for 5 mins walk over and take your food. I tried many times it works very well. :smile:

When S'poreans see people pai tui, they will follow the queue. Same for nasi lemak at Changi Point.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time I went BV was two years back.

Within Whampoa HC it is Nan Xiang I believe. Not referring to Loi Kee which I wanted to try for so long but always missed it out.

I didn't mention rojak because personal phobia of rojak.

Loy Kee has two outlets in Balestier/Whampoa area. Restaurant style along Balestier Rd near Shaw something, shopping centre. The other outlet at Whampoa market (day) which hosts some good makan stalls. In the night, fish head steamboat rules.

Yes, Nan Xiang tastes great. There is another that has outlets all over - Tong something. Will have a photo of LKY around. Boycott!

Hoover rojak always long queue. Prataman's photo right in front. Was told there is another rojak stall at the back. Never tried but was told more solid than Hoover. Must be named after Hoover cinema.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last night had western food and seafood at Changi Village with few Malay colleagues.. The price not too bad.. Its a halal kopitiam owned by a Chinese chap... The coffeeshop busy and packed through the night..

Are they still screening EPL matches there?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why Q? use your head lah! when you are there ask your fren to get his name and tel. no. pass it to you then you call him up and talk in high pitch pretend to be old/regular customer eg. Ah GONG! CHAR 2 BOA! AI HUM! 5 MINS LAI KIA! order your kopi at next table talk cock sing song for 5 mins walk over and take your food. I tried many times it works very well. :smile:

Ok, thanks. Will chut your MO next time.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They have EPL on their TV.. Had their Dim Sum too..Tasted great and heard they have Ah Tiongs to do their Halal chinese dishes..

Years ago, police used to raid the place for illegal betting and bookmaking during EPL matches. Lately, focus is on Geylang.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another CKT stall I must mention is the one located at Changi Village HC.. It has been in Changi for many years.. We seems to have alot of good CKT stalls spread around the island..