• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Makan Bagus At These Kopitiams ...............

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was going to ask about the beer promoters but you beat me, heehee.

Another veLy goodest CKT is the former Margaret Drive stall.
now relocated to Telok Blangah Crescent food ctr.

If not wrong, stall open for biz at 5pm and close shop at 9.30pm. Used to close at 10pm.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro GD, which kopitiam there has good wonton mee? never knew there have leh.. i only know the ah guan bak chor mee opp the previous WP hq... can say me where? thx

Syed Alwi Rd - wonton mee, chicken rice, satay, hokkien mee/or luak/carrot cake, yong tau fu. All the stalls serves great food.

Sin Ming Rd - kiam chye ark/duck rice, char siew/sio bak, Ah Orh seafood, bak kut teh.

Others? Leave out hawker centres.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tracy is correct regarding their present location.....the queue for this guy's CKT is usually quite long.......only today not so .

That's bedok south HC.
Always long queue but last time can sit around wait to be summoned by lady boss.
Now after HC Reno all must line up to queue.
I only eat when bald old man is on shift frying....bald young man (son) still not fully mastered his dad's skill.
Walk closer can see photos of vile MBT and other miws....you might lose appetite.
Interestingly there's actually 2 CKT from hill street....both used to be side by side in hill street....less famous one now moved to Chinatown HC.

Someone mention Maude road corner coffee shop....CKT is best also but go early as usually closed by 5pm

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro GD, which kopitiam there has good wonton mee? never knew there have leh.. i only know the ah guan bak chor mee opp the previous WP hq... can say me where? thx

Syed Alwi Rd. First stall in the kpt. Closed on Sundays. Open for biz after 6pm.

Not sure if Guan meepok still in biz. WP downstairs kpt sells noodles too. Cant recall name.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Missed local fare for so long that on my recent return have been eating out a lot . Sadly lots of places have gone or taken over. Standard also dropped. Will be visiting the suggested stalls. Really miss Fish Soup, wonton noodles and meepok.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If there is a delivery service for all these hawker fare, I will sign up. Cannot tahan queuing up and to wander all over island to makan.

Goldendragon ...care to start this service?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these types of food best eaten at the location or tapau and eaten shortly thereafter. This is especially true of Chinese cuisine. Notice we our home cooked food are so different from hawker food. The economic rice is probably the only one that can tapau and kept for a while. It is also what we cook at home.

If there is a delivery service for all these hawker fare, I will sign up. Cannot tahan queuing up and to wander all over island to makan.

Goldendragon ...care to start this service?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Missed local fare for so long that on my recent return have been eating out a lot . Sadly lots of places have gone or taken over. Standard also dropped. Will be visiting the suggested stalls. Really miss Fish Soup, wonton noodles and meepok.

Try hawker centre at AMK Ave 10 for fish soup. Two stalls there. The better one is nearer the main road.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What about Chinatown food street???

Lol....

Alot of stalls there but all part of a corporatised bullshit to bluff tourists if you ask me .....

The food is decne tka....but nothing to shout about really....many more better eating places......

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is the same why people want to Q at Lao Fu Zi CKT.

Imho ....

The outram ckt located at hong lim food centre is the champion BUT only if you go there early early like around 8 am where the old man takes his time to fry up a plate by taking his time.....fucking solid!!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
(a) Ayer Rajah (West Coast Drive) soup kambing stall. Order complete set of mutton parts and the roti john from the adjacent stall for maximum enjoyment.

(b) South Bouna Vista road boneless duck rice and porridge. Be savvy and order the innards too.

(c) Best fishball and bakchok meepok is Holland Village HC noodle stall. Go for extra meepok at 50 cents charge. The ordinary portion will never be enough! And if you're lucky, free flow of pork lard too, for those with health insurance in place.

(d) Whampoa drive food centre chicken rice, chinese mutton soup and oyster omelette, and carrot cake are all great. Be careful, there are two of each stalls around, but if you're true blue Sinkie, you'd have no problem recognizing which is the "correct" one.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is the same why people want to Q at Lao Fu Zi CKT.
Dumbfuck sinkies herd mentality.
The real CKT gem in old airport road HC is tucked away in corner Dong Ji....only open morning till early afternoon

It is at Bedok South HC long time,
now the son take over the wok for more than 1 year liao.

The old man also rotate shift with the son....but I guess have to try your luck if you dun stay in the area.
Note business is so good they also have a 'pre fryer'.....one wok transfer to another....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
(a) Ayer Rajah (West Coast Drive) soup kambing stall. Order complete set of mutton parts and the roti john from the adjacent stall for maximum enjoyment.

(b) South Bouna Vista road boneless duck rice and porridge. Be savvy and order the innards too.

(c) Best fishball and bakchok meepok is Holland Village HC noodle stall. Go for extra meepok at 50 cents charge. The ordinary portion will never be enough! And if you're lucky, free flow of pork lard too, for those with health insurance in place.

(d) Whampoa drive food centre chicken rice, chinese mutton soup and oyster omelette, and carrot cake are all great. Be careful, there are two of each stalls around, but if you're true blue Sinkie, you'd have no problem recognizing which is the "correct" one.

BV duck rice closed down liao correct?

Whampoa chicken rice you mean original stall of Loi Kee franchise? Mention whampoa HC must include famous rojak

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
BV duck rice closed down liao correct?

Whampoa chicken rice you mean original stall of Loi Kee franchise? Mention whampoa HC must include famous rojak

Last time I went BV was two years back.

Within Whampoa HC it is Nan Xiang I believe. Not referring to Loi Kee which I wanted to try for so long but always missed it out.

I didn't mention rojak because personal phobia of rojak.