• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[GRC]: Now the fixing disrupts primary education too...

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
[GRC]: Now the fixing disrupts primary education too...
Re: ST: Nearest school in different GRC, so volunteer work not recognised
'Without some assurance of a good chance of winning at least their first election, many able and successful young Singaporeans may not risk their careers to join politics,' Mr Goh said at an event marking the appointment of members to the South East Community Development Council (CDC).(Source: yax-615 Goh Chok Tong admits that GRCs are meant to skew )
Intoparliamentjpg.jpg
[Pict= [URL="http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2012/04/disassembling-grc-benefits-pap-1/"]Disassembling GRC system benefits PAP (Part 1 of 3)[/URL]]
The real reason:
6524aee4-7b56-47ac-b0c7-0062766c0db4_zps311f8507.jpg
(YouTube; LHL: "fix the opposition")
Anyhow, residents should be allowed to volunteer directly with the school etc and not be restrained by GRC boundaries which are drawn up in the first place based upon gerrymandering political considerations mostly...
The more the PAP tries to fix the opposition, the more such fixings is ought to backfire...
The Straits Times, Published on Apr 17, 2014
Nearest school in different GRC, so volunteer work not recognised
I HAVE been an active grassroots volunteer since 2011, as I hoped to register my daughter in a primary school under Phase 2B.
Last year, I moved to a new neighbourhood and joined the neighbourhood committee there. However, I learnt that my volunteer work was recognised only within my group representation constituency (GRC).
Although my daughter's school of choice is within 1km of my home, it is in a different GRC and, hence, I would have to register her under Phase 2C.
Why can't a grassroots leader register his child in the school nearest his home under Phase 2B, regardless of the political boundaries?
I appeal to the Education Ministry and People's Association to review this policy.
Teo Soon Peng
Copyright © 2014 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved.
Nearest school in different GRC, so volunteer work not recognised
People's association board of directors:
PA+Board+of+Mgt,+01.06.11+to+31.12+(ed1).JPG

What the PA spends much of its time/ energy doing:
liftupgrade.jpg

HougangAdviser.jpg
(Picture source= How PAP uses taxpayer-funded grassroots for political gain)

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Again uniquely Singapore.

The world understand volunteering as an altruistic activity and is intended to promote goodness or improve human quality of life. In return, this activity can produce a feeling of self-worth and respect. There is no financial gain involved for the
individual

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunteering

Under the pappy, it has been corrupted to mean doing work for self interest-to get a person's child a place in school or to prepare for political appointments. Of course the biggest example is when people actually pay themselves the highest salaries in the world to "serve" the country.

Last edited: