• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

So foreigners are bad at parking, Singaporeans don't?!

Isogallardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
So tell me who is super good at parking? I drive and i still suck at parking. Parallel and vertical. Want to stir xenophoia among singaporeans also need to use some brain. Dont say until Singaporeans dont suck at anything.

10178107_653542138016427_8413720855807492238_n.jpg

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So tell me who is super good at parking? I drive and i still suck at parking. Parallel and vertical. Want to stir xenophoia among singaporeans also need to use some brain. Dont say until Singaporeans dont suck at anything.

You must be a foreigner hiding behind this moniker.
Kan Ni Na Bu Phua Chee Bye! :oIo:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fuck you. It's a well-known fact that parking is not tested in many Western countries. In America in the '80s, you passed your driving test as long as you showed the examiner you could drive straight and reverse.

In many places in Australia, the US and Canada, you're not even allowed to reverse park. You just swing in head first. In big parking lots, parallel parking is unheard of. And parking spaces are way bigger than the tiny ones in HDB carparks.

My friend's American boss was barely one week into his S'porean posting when he scraped and dented his BM7 series trying to reverse into a lot at a local mall. First time he'd ever tried reverse parking.

Of course many Singaporeans suck at parking. Women in particular can't parallel park. But having driven in many countries, I can tell you we're one of the best, if not the best, in the world at reverse parking, man or woman. That's because parking skill is heavily emphasized in our advanced theory and practical driving tests.

Last edited:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time when started to learn driving, i must learned parking first, reverse and parallel until instructor satified before i can move on the road.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think i relative good at parking. i have no problem parking a van or class 3 truck, be in manual or auto transmission, into a parallel lot without reverse sensors. Piece of cake.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time when started to learn driving, i must learned parking first, reverse and parallel until instructor satified before i can move on the road.

no leh... my first lesson was already outside ubi driving centre. the uncle told me to get in the driver seat despite i told him i never behind the wheel before. stalled a couple of time before getting the biting point. only when he feel i already comfortable with the gear changes did he start the parking lessons which is lesson 3-4 onward.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never heard of vertical parking... :biggrin:

10178107_653542138016427_8413720855807492238_n.jpg

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If i am in Jeans, i'd Park it to the Left.If in Bermudas; i'LL just Let it anyHow park...:eek::smile: