• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

angmoh are the best, resign over $3,000 btl wine, toothpick Lim leh?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore politicians are the best, toothpick Lim stealing toothpicks can escape corrupt inquiry?

It was 9.17am when the death warrant for Premier Barry O'Farrell's political career arrived at the Independent Commission Against Corruption.

Written in neat upright strokes with a blue fountain pen, it was Mr O'Farrell himself who had penned the gracious "thank you" note that would bring an end to his premiership.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/premiers-fate-sealed-in-own-handwriting-20140416-36sbx.html#ixzz2z2oZAvtU

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must ask ms vivian about integrity

As long as it is not their money to spend & waste....they do not bother about integrity, only trumpet it when you opening accuse them. As for toothpicks, the por lumpar merchants allow them to "take what they want"...just like bay tahan Nasi with Bandung; we have no case.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singapore politicians are the best, toothpick Lim stealing toothpicks can escape corrupt inquiry?

Lim Swee Say is an honest person who admitted helping himself to toothpicks so I don't know what sort of enquiry you're expecting. :rolleyes:

The Premier, on the other hand, did not declare the gift and then categorically denied ever receiving it in the first place which is dishonest and corrupt.

I have always believed that the hallmark of the PAP is integrity and Lim's honesty and forthrightness fortifies this belief.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lim Swee Say is an honest person who admitted helping himself to toothpicks so I don't know what sort of enquiry you're expecting. :rolleyes:

The Premier, on the other hand, did not declare the gift and then categorically denied ever receiving it in the first place which is dishonest and corrupt.

I have always believed that the hallmark of the PAP is integrity and Lim's honesty and forthrightness fortifies this belief.

so basically commiting the sin first than confessing to it is alright?i had no idea PAPPIES were devout christians.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can take what they want? Sure?

Take once OK but take every time and personally brag about it to make a point is not Ok.

Xia suay the PAP integrity, not just that person who steal toothpick?

Unless the whole team of PAP has no integrity, there is nothing to say.

As long as it is not their money to spend & waste....they do not bother about integrity, only trumpet it when you opening accuse them. As for toothpicks, the por lumpar merchants allow them to "take what they want"...just like bay tahan Nasi with Bandung; we have no case.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you logic very cheam. He is honest person helping himself to toothpicks?

Can say this or not, he is honest person helping himself to a $3,000 bottle wine?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He was not only "honest" that he took not only one....but box of the toothpicks, that was not the admission of the 'crime", but the way it was put forth & bragged. It leaves an impression that the merchant is openly giving favoritism, maybe be gets a hefty discounts , maybe not, for that can be investigated, what can not be investigated, is more, better ingredients.

For example, there was a resturant which I use to eat at, when I was not tall enough to see the table till I am a working adult....the owner of that place would charge me for dishes for the quantity & quality & at prices , you can never get & will even give me boxes of toothpicks...

My point is....the way Lim Sway Sway BRAGGED & should have much more sense as a MP to say things, that may infer "corruption"...the word is no, bloody TACT!

psst!.. I do not go telling people, what I get at that restaurant....get my point!:rolleyes:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Failure to declare receiving a massive discount from a crony capitalist developer for you and a lot of other members of your famileee is excusable because you declared it only when you got caught right leongster?

Kong SMLJ.......

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
some more old fart can say famous people get discount and he is also famous and famous people get discount is nothing wrong? Like that also can?

they can say the money give to charity? And charity received dirty money? Singapore charity companies might as well received drug lords money?

Failure to declare receiving a massive discount from a crony capitalist developer for you and a lot of other members of your famileee is excusable because you declared it only when you got caught right leongster?

Kong SMLJ.......

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kong SMLJ.......

What happened to the righteous whistle blower?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
common sense prevail toothpick can only come in box and as customer please take one to help you remove food stuck in your teeth?

Anything over the limit is considered a character of a greedy person and how can he represents his GRC and PAP?

Btw, which GRC is he in?

I suspect if there is an early call for next GE, it has to do with him?

He was not only "honest" that he took not only one....but box of the toothpicks, that was not the admission of the 'crime", but the way it was put forth & bragged. It leaves an impression that the merchant is openly giving favoritism, maybe be gets a hefty discounts , maybe not, for that can be investigated, what can not be investigated, is more, better ingredients.

For example, there was a resturant which I use to eat at, when I was not tall enough to see the table till I am a working adult....the owner of that place would charge me for dishes for the quantity & quality & at prices , you can never get & will even give me boxes of toothpicks...

My point is....the way Lim Sway Sway BRAGGED & should have much more sense as a MP to say things, that may infer "corruption"...the word is no, bloody TACT!

psst!.. I do not go telling people, what I get at that restaurant....get my point!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Thou shall not steal?

It's theft only if he's not supposed to take them. However, in swanky restaurants, the cost of the toothpicks are already factored into the bill so it is not an issue.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha, you are funny, boss.

Can take the plates, bows, tabel clothes as well, si boh?

It's theft only if he's not supposed to take them. However, in swanky restaurants, the cost of the toothpicks are already factored into the bill so it is not an issue.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
hahaha, you are funny, boss.

Can take the plates, bows, tabel clothes as well, si boh?

Don't be ridiculous. Those items aren't disposable. They are washed (I hope) and used again.

However, toothpicks, paper table napkins etc are expendables and the cost is simply factored into the overheads of running a restaurant.

In the swanky food business, less than 35% of the cost of a dish is actually for the ingredients. The rest of the price is based on the cost accountant's overheads allocation formula.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP takes a very serious view of any dishonest minister in PAP, just look at Teh Cheang Wan.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
PAP takes a very serious view of any dishonest minister in PAP, just look at Teh Cheang Wan.

Exactly. This proves that what Lim Swee Say is doing is not dishonest at all. Otherwise, he would have been charged in court.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't be ridiculous. Those items aren't disposable. They are washed (I hope) and used again.

However, toothpicks, paper table napkins etc are expendables and the cost is simply factored into the overheads of running a restaurant.

In the swanky food business, less than 35% of the cost of a dish is actually for the ingredients. The rest of the price is based on the cost accountant's overheads allocation formula.

But if the boss wants to carry the balls of the diner...anything can be disposable...even the waitress....get the drift!!....