• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice needed for solo bangkok trip

StealthGaoIII

Pls register yr stay with our Embassy in Bangkok.
Take some Selfie and,
Then, log in to this forum so we know you are OK.

Have a safe trip.
Enjoy and always wear raincoat for yr brother.
Cheers.

And also post on FB the cheapest deal for food, could even be cheaper than $2.50

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pls register yr stay with our Embassy in Bangkok.
Take some Selfie and,
Then, log in to this forum so we know you are OK.

better still give FR every half hour if you are missing for 2 hours we will alert pii joe to go look for you

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also, if any problems/troubles, contact the Royal Thai Tourist Police at 1699.
They speak English.

(Commander is MG Choochart Suwannakom)

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reminds me of a camp mate I had. He was afraid of ghosts that lurk in Mandai, so for night training, his mother obtained a yellow piece of paper, a talisman, from a Taoist priest at their temple. He pasted the talisman on the front of his helmet and presto! The ghost didn't dare appear to haunt him! Suggest you follow this advice. Don't know which temple though. Also, don't know whether the ghost in Thailand understand Chinese or not because the characters on the talisman were written in Chinese.

Cheers!

...............Any solution or suggestions that I can overcome this problem ? :o

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bangkok is kind of boring unless you want to shop, makan and chiong the nightspots.

I prefer Chiang Mai or Kanchanaburi. Rural areas, great natural scenery and friendly villagers.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Used to cheong with kakis to BKK. Now kakis all married and leftover singles type have no more energy to cheong BKK.
I am still strong, young and energetic as compared to the kakis, so I fell like cheoging there alone. But I am afraid to stay alone in BKK hotel, many ghosts there i heard.
Any solution or suggestions that I can overcome this problem ? :o

dont go to BKK solo

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
prefer Chiang Mai or Kanchanaburi. Rural areas, great natural scenery and friendly villagers.
Don't disagree. CNX is laid back, great to chill and mountains to boot (Mae Rim only 45mins drive). Nice Lanna culture, more genteel than Bangkokians. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't disagree. CNX is laid back, great to chill and mountains to boot (Mae Rim only 45mins drive). Nice Lanna culture, more genteel than Bangkokians. :biggrin:

Kanchanaburi is also nice. Tiger Temple, many temples, lots of mountains and rivers, river cruises and health resorts.