• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice needed for solo bangkok trip

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My advice, avoid all tourist attractions. Go to place not popular with foreigners. Why go holiday sharing the same experience as other sinkees and foreigners? Be unsinkiefied!

Untouchable

Alfrescian
Loyal
My advice, avoid all tourist attractions. Go to place not popular with foreigners. Why go holiday sharing the same experience as other sinkees and foreigners? Be unsinkiefied!

Correct, places in Thailand where there are lesser foreigners tends to have less expensive food and less crowded. Food is cheap and nice and the secenry are far more better than tourists area.

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bangkok is kind of boring unless you want to shop, makan and chiong the nightspots.

I prefer Chiang Mai or Kanchanaburi. Rural areas, great natural scenery and friendly villagers.

Very Good choices.

Tink weather now ard 30+ degrees C.

If adventurous, take train from Bangkok to Chiangmai.
journey is 12 to 15 hrs.
Chiang Mai has more than 300 temples.
full of tribal and cultural events.
perhaps he just missed Songkran?
theres the Elephant Nature Park.
Nightlife : bars, discotheques, Muay Thai boxing shows, night bazaar, karaoke.
Shopping , Thai massage,

enjoy but play safe.
Legal horse racing every Saturday,

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very Good choices.

Tink weather now ard 30+ degrees C.

If adventurous, take train from Bangkok to Chiangmai.
journey is 12 to 15 hrs.
Chiang Mai has more than 300 temples.
full of tribal and cultural events.
perhaps he just missed Songkran?
theres the Elephant Nature Park.
Nightlife : bars, discotheques, Muay Thai boxing shows, night bazaar, karaoke.
Shopping , Thai massage,

enjoy but play safe.
Legal horse racing every Saturday,

12-15 hrs in the train? Scenic ride?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simple. Get a FL to sleep with you every night so no need to be scared. You should be more scared of STD then ghost. The latter has never been known to kill anyone.

This option did come to my mind, but if every night also book FL can be costly in total. Another bro mentioned about Farangs booking shared rooms, perhaps this is better option :smile:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why so cowardly? Look at the Ang Moh / Farang backpackers in Thailand... they stay at a guesthouse and then explore the area on a minimum budget.

staying in guesthouse like you mentioned could be a better option to siam gui.
I admit being coward towards gui, someone had encounter a water dripping gui in 1 of the hotels, really make me freaked out mah.

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
One very important point.
the political situation is not stable yet.
dont get caught up in their protests.

so, do Not wear a yellow or red shirt.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
staying in guesthouse like you mentioned could be a better option to siam gui.
I admit being coward towards gui, someone had encounter a water dripping gui in 1 of the hotels, really make me freaked out mah.

fark lah. free go around busy places and walk about, your yang qi is too low, yin qi high. dun fark ard too often or hang about farkshops and nitespots.

also go temple pray more often, must kneel down and be sincere to pray. pray to tiger god. kuan kong. kuan yim and kuan yew also can.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can take the domestic airline Nok Air and fly from Bangkok's Don Mueang Airport to Chiang Mai.