• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

To get Indon to apologize, what did sinkapore give away?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What did sinkapore offer the Indonesian military chief to get him to apologize?

The Straits Times
Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014

Gen Moeldoko's apology is the first by an Indonesian military official. "We have no ill intent whatsoever to stir emotions. Not at all," he told Channel NewsAsia in an interview. "I apologise."

From http://singaporedesk.blogspot.ca/2014/02/an-exercise-in-brinkmanship.html
It was a cinch for Lim Swee Say to uninvite Tan Cheng Bock, since both of them have roots from the same political camp. Tan may have ruffled a few feathers by going public with the insult on social media but, like the neutered Ngiam Tong Dow, he's quickly put in place. Uninviting the military top brass of the world's fourth most populous country is altogether a different exercise.

The strongest words to date on the fracas kicked up by Teo Chee Hean et al came from Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (SBY). Speaking through his spokesman on foreign affairs, the message was stark and devoid of rhetoric: Singapore risks overreacting on warship issue.

Indonesia's Defence Ministry confirmed on Sunday the chain of dominoes started tumbling when Second Defence Minister Chan Chun Sing cancelled a scheduled meeting with their Deputy Defence Minister Sjafrie Sjamsoeddin. Slighted, Sjafrie decided to give the air show a miss.

In a demonstration of unity, Indonesian Armed Forces (TNI) commander General Moeldoko, Army Chief Budiman and Air Force Chief Ida Bagus Putu Dunia also decided not to attend, although they were not uninvited. "If my men cannot go, and the commander of the TNI goes, it's not good. So no TNI officer will attend the Singapore Airshow," General Moeldoko made clear his stand in the Indonesian parliament. The Indonesian Air Force's Jupiter Aerobatic team will still take to the skies, "But we are ready to withdraw if we are not given time to do so."

General Moeldoko has also cancelled a lecture he was supposed to deliver at a Singapore university. Putting his military foot down firmly, Moeldoko said their navy would not rename the ship, "It's up to them to raise the issue but when it comes to sovereignty, there's no way."

Chan Chun Sing had spent two years in Jakarta as Singapore's Army Attache, but if he made any friends at all, none of them raised their hands in support ("keechiu"). Not too long ago he plagiarised Winston Churchill's speech to wage war on our citizenry. Now he takes cowardly cover in a mountain of weasel words, "I suggest we interact boldly, dialogue openly, network assiduously and train together professionally." Right, like the best way to open a dialogue is to cancel a scheduled meeting.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did someone mentioned boy scout paper general? Although younger than me in age and higher than me in rank, me still confident of making this boy scout do monkey . Hehehe. Your future pm, sinkers. Vote wisely.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
They learnt well fr lky. Its like i m sorry if you felt hurt.... but personally you can 5uck my pr2ck for all i care.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since when the ST and the fucking PAP ever tell us the truth?

HANG ALL THOSE PAP BASTARDS WHEN LKY DIE AND IF THEY HAD NOT HOOTED EACH OTHER TO DEATH YET

HANG THEM ALL WITH PIANO WIRES FROM LAMP POSTS AS LKY COLLABORATORS

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck. Nothing has changed and this clown Minister of ours get so excited and so forgiving. Indonesia has executed the perfect tit-for-tat, even after so long. They KPKB, we said sorry but we still hang. Now we KPKB, they apologise but still keep the name of the ship. What has changed I ask you? They got their way, the same way we got ours. PAP govt kena tipu. Indonesia has gotten even.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never understood the furore about the Indons' ship naming. They could have named the ship as 'LKY is the son of a bitch' and it would be perfectly okay to do so.

All in all, a case of silly patriotic pride and some opportunistic PAP politicians trying to score points from the incident.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WE gave away our self respect........
They never apologised in front of their public..... it was a CNA exclusive interview with trhe Indon General......

SINGAPORE: Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen said the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) will resume bilateral cooperation and activities with the Indonesian Armed Forces (TNI).

This follows an apology by the TNI Commander-in-Chief General Moeldoko on Tuesday, for naming an Indonesian warship after two marines who carried out the bombing of MacDonald House in Singapore in 1965.

A media statement from the Singapore Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) carried a quote from Dr Ng, saying: "I welcome General Moeldoko's apology as a constructive gesture to improve bilateral defence ties between our two countries.

"The SAF will reciprocate General Moeldoko's positive intentions by resuming bilateral cooperation and activities with the TNI so as to strengthen the mutual understanding and friendship that has been built up over many decades."

In an exclusive interview with Channel NewsAsia on Tuesday, General Moeldoko said the Indonesian military had meant no ill will, and had not intended to stir up emotions in Singapore...........

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/saf-to-resume-bilateral/1073294.html

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure that sinkapore provided great incentives to him and the Indon government to elicit a 'regret' from the TNI chief. We have our ministers kpkb for weeks and an apology from the military chief is enough to silence the PAP clowns. In terms of protocol, this is totally wrong.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
What there to apologize? Technically it a war between Malaysia and Indonesia

If Malaysia isn't protesting, sinkieland should just shut the fuck up as it none of their business.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
They learnt well fr lky. Its like i m sorry if you felt hurt.... but personally you can 5uck my pr2ck for all i care.

zhun zhun...

General Moeldoko said on Thursday that he had not apologised to the Singapore government for the naming of a warship after two Indonesian marines who bombed MacDonald House in Singapore in 1965.

Instead, he clarified that he was expressing his regret that the naming decision was final and would not be changed.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tni-chief-clarifies/1074916.html

hen better go dig his ears... after masturbating over fake apology. so how... gg to joint exercise again?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhun zhun...

General Moeldoko said on Thursday that he had not apologised to the Singapore government for the naming of a warship after two Indonesian marines who bombed MacDonald House in Singapore in 1965.

Instead, he clarified that he was expressing his regret that the naming decision was final and would not be changed.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tni-chief-clarifies/1074916.html

hen better go dig his ears... after masturbating over fake apology. so how... gg to joint exercise again?

Alamak, malu ah ...Hen will bring back the boycott?