• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nail technician worst job meh???

Savingtheworld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahreow. Then nail technicians look very happy doing my gf nails leh. Of course, have to deal with the dirt and all but what if they enjoy it, does it consider it as one of the worst jobs? I was once a waiter and i loved it. Though i broke a few bowls, it was fun serving customers and working together with your service crew. I kind of agree it is tough to be a construction worker (the sun!) and cleaner (not appreciated!). What does a room attendant do anyway? If my guest is Jessica Alba in MBS, i don't mind being a room attendant :biggrin:

http://www.moneysmart.sg/money-talks/the-5-most-unwanted-jobs-in-singapore/

AtheneaCroft

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies like to complain. That's why everything don't want to do. I don't mind becoming a nail tech. Quite a cool job! Then I can do my own nails also while at work.

MaxRiley

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually work as receptionist also quite slack. i dont mind. Just stand there greet customers and do paperwork. Why is it the worst job again?

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun be fooled...receptionists are the eyes for the boss, they are normally seated at the front desk, that explain it.

actually work as receptionist also quite slack. i dont mind. Just stand there greet customers and do paperwork. Why is it the worst job again?

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If you notice, all the jobs listed as "unwanted" only pays 1200. I think salary vs. the work involved turned people off. For example, if all the 5 jobs are paid 5k, I don't think it will be ao unwanted.

The crux of the problem is the salary does not comersurate the load on the job and the salary is not sufficient for a decent living in sg

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah...you piciak lobang...verrry soon after x'mas, gahment will impose some kind of guidelines for manicurists, like some certification from their very own WDA inorder to licence the biz...

I know nail technicians making 10k a month doing it at home. But provided they are damn good la.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many zhar bors like to decorate their nails with fancy artwork and glittery stuff.

Also, they like to change their nail colours often. You would imagine there's a demand for nail technicians.

nail-art.jpg

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's 1 of the worst job because you will inhale toxic chemicals daily which can cause cancer

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This kind of NaiL Technicain's job not as niche as those Coffin NaiLs' technicians; used to see how they shape &
sharpen those 6 inches' Coffin NaiLs into a work of art for our forefathers' uses..:eek:
In the BackLanes of ALiwal/Pahang streets...:smile:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
air force encik lagi good.
shout shout a bit here and there,ask nsf go sign extra,ask nsf to drop 20,reply a bit of email,go long lunch,pay is $5k nsf sweat here and there.nsf injuried here and there.nsf confinement.allowance only $500

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
air force encik lagi good.
shout shout a bit here and there,ask nsf go sign extra,ask nsf to drop 20,reply a bit of email,go long lunch,pay is $5k nsf sweat here and there.nsf injuried here and there.nsf confinement.allowance only $500

$5k so low? U sure or not?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

receptionist, shopping customer service desk only employs female, else I will apply for shopping mall CS, relax job, just sit there and see chio bu.