• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AC/DC calls it quits?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some rumours about one of my favourite rock bands, Oz's ACDC. They're kinda old, but so's every other band from the seventies.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/04/15/acdc-to-call-it-quits-over-sick-band-member-report

AC/DC to call it quits over sick band member: report

BY JOHN WILLIAMS ,QMI AGENCY
FIRST POSTED: TUESDAY, APRIL 15, 2014 09:46 AM MDT | UPDATED: TUESDAY, APRIL 15, 2014 10:36 AM MDT

Could Aussie rock legends AC/DC be hanging up the instruments?
Conflicting reports out of Australia indicate that the band could either be calling it a career or announcing a new album and tour.
Sources told the Sydney Morning Herald that guitarist-songwriter Malcolm Young, 61, is believed to be unable to play his instrument, with rumours suggesting that he is suffering from a terminal illness.
The rumours come just weeks after frontman Brian Johnson revealed the group has been keeping a low profile in recent months due to health problems affecting one of the bandmembers.
He told Florida radio station 98.7 The Gater in February, "One of our boys was pretty ill, so we didn't like to say anything, and we're very private about things like this, so we didn't wanna say anything. And he's a very proud man."
Adding to the mystery is the fact that the band booked studio time in Vancouver on May 1 to begin work on their follow-up to 2008's Black Ice, although it is not known when the sessions were scheduled, and if it has changed amid the health fears.
There had also been talk of a big world tour, with Johnson indicating that plans were in the works for 40 shows to "thank the fans for their undying loyalty."
When the group was promoting 2012’s Live at River Plate CD, Angus Young also hinted that a tour was in the works telling Sky News, "We have such diehard fans, old and new. We've survived many changing fashions of music – we've outlived the lot of them... Now we're thinking, 'How can we ever better the 'Black Ice' world tour?' But we will.”
Representatives for the band have yet to respond to any inquiries regarding the status of the group.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've also heard - All Children are Devil's Children. But the "Unofficial Official Slang Dictionary" defines AD/DC as a bisexual person. Given the band's hard and tough image, Angus Young once remarked that this doesn't bother him. I suppose he is more concerned with the songs they produce. To me, they're the greatest headbanging rock band there ever was.

Cheers!

Anti-Christ Devil Child - that is what we used to called them in the 80s

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've also heard - All Children are Devil's Children. But the "Unofficial Official Slang Dictionary" defines AD/DC as a bisexual person. Given the band's hard and tough image, Angus Young once remarked that this doesn't bother him. I suppose he is more concerned with the songs they produce. To me, they're the greatest headbanging rock band there ever was.

Cheers!
AC/DC is Alternate Current/Direct Current lah. You all want to bluff old people arh?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long hair, tattered jeans, loud music, that was all part of the youth image then. We liked it because our parents hated and objected to it. It was a time for me to identify myself and the groups I associated with. Disco was definitely out for me as I considered dancing and that kind of dress style cissy, I went along with the hard rock group. So who do you listen to? Michael Bolton? :biggrin:

Cheers!

A horrible band they should have quit 30 years ago. :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Long hair, tattered jeans, loud music, that was all part of the youth image then. We liked it because our parents hated and objected to it. It was a time for me to identify myself and the groups I associated with. Disco was definitely out for me as I considered dancing and that kind of dress style cissy, I went along with the hard rock group. So who do you listen to? Michael Bolton? :biggrin:

Cheers!

No I listened to hard rock too but not AC/DC. I'm a Deep Purple fan. I was very sad when Jon Lord died.

jon.jpg

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
DP is one of the genre's biggest name. I attended three of their concerts, one in US, one in Peesai and the last one in Canada. The one in Canada was a big blast, there was a motorcycle drag race (illegal) held outside the stadium by the local bikie chapter. Their concert in Singapore was a waste of time. Hot and humid, no pot, no chicks.

Cheers!

......... I'm a Deep Purple fan. I was very sad when Jon Lord died....