• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP tried to buy this Sinkie doctor ... but sorry he's not for sale

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Doc: VIP treatment was distracting

150414_ST_tanlaiyong.jpg

Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014
The New Paper

SINGAPORE - Dr Tan Lai Yong's story is perhaps the best known of the lot of local doctors healing the world.

In 1996, he uprooted his family - including his then 16-month-old daughter - to go and minister to the poorest in Yunnan, in south-west China.

There he gave basic medical training to farmers, operated on people and ran clinics for villagers.

He also treated the orphaned, disabled and leprous.

He came home four years ago, despite being hailed by the Chinese government for his work and receiving an award from former premier Wen Jiabao, as he felt the VIP treatment he was receiving was distracting him from his purpose.

He is now involved in programmes to help those who may have fallen through the cracks, including foreign workers, ex-offenders and the elderly.

At 53, the Singaporean doctor owns no home, no car, not even a TV set. Most of the time, he makes do with one pair of jeans and hand-me-down shirts.

Lunch is often a loaf of plain bread, wolfed down on the run.

In March, he was hailed in Parliament as a "wandering saint in Singapore", who "is rich in ideas, strong of heart and boundless in energy".

Member of Parliament Seah Kian Peng asked for $1 million for Dr Tan to carry out his "oddball" ideas to better society, vouching that he would spend the money well and carefully.

Dr Tan, when asked in an earlier interview what he would do with a million dollars, replied with a laugh: "I would pump it all into educating and empowering our youth in a heartbeat."

This article was published on April 13 in The New Paper.

Get The New Paper for more stories.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ng Eng Hen - "Cutting Ministers' pay won't trim fat. You're getting a
bargain for the ministers' pay. As a surgeon, I worked half as much
and made 5 times more."

This skunk wants more, not less.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Dr Tan, when asked in an earlier interview what he would do with a million dollars, replied with a laugh: "I would pump it all into educating and empowering our youth in a heartbeat."

Educating and empowering youth in Singapore is a complete waste of money. Whatever they gain from the efforts will be wasted buying iPhones, going to KTV joints and fucking whores.

The youth should be left to fend for themselves so that the wheat will be separated from the chafe.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Educating and empowering youth in Singapore is a complete waste of money. Whatever they gain from the efforts will be wasted buying iPhones, going to KTV joints and fucking whores.

The youth should be left to fend for themselves so that the wheat will be separated from the chafe.
Don't understand why you are so unhappy with the statement? :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
[video=youtube_share;pAqk7_eQU2I]http://youtu.be/pAqk7_eQU2I[/video]

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Member of Parliament Seah Kian Peng asked for $1 million for Dr Tan to carry out his "oddball" ideas to better society, vouching that he would spend the money well and carefully.

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

If the MP is that sincere, ask him to fork out his own sum of money to start with. All these MPs damn scheming and cunning. He wants to score points but ask Government or tax payers to pay for the idea.

As usual, this doctor is well traveled. He knows all this little tricks this little politician will want him to perform upon receiving the million dollar funding.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and made 5 times more."

Then he should piss off back to his surgeon job and stop degrading himself with a minister's job. :rolleyes:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Doc: VIP treatment was distracting

150414_ST_tanlaiyong.jpg

Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014
The New Paper

[/B]

Trust the pwabye moneyfaced ccb MP like Seah and his crony-capitalists in the PAP to call this kind doctor a fucking ODDBALL....

Seah KP, you better pray you dont go broke cb,......karma has a way of dealing with motherfuckers like you who like to talk cock when you are rich and cocky!!!!

CCB!!

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
cheer for him:

dr tan pom ma ma
ole ole ah ah
dr tan fight fight fight...
yeah....

:o:biggrin:

* this was from one of the cheer i learnt when i was in CJC *:o

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
and made 5 times more."

He worked half as much and earned five times more. Now you know why your medishield premium keeps heading skywards.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then he should piss off back to his surgeon job and stop degrading himself with a minister's job. :rolleyes:

Seems he was more productive as a surgeon. Singapore will be many times better off if he does that. This attitude always turned me off. Like he was doing all of us a favour coming to serve in politics. There are a few more like him.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice to know there are generous hearts like that in public. Contrast this with a certain Dr. Susan Lim.

Cheers!

.................Dr Tan, when asked in an earlier interview what he would do with a million dollars, replied with a laugh: "I would pump it all into educating and empowering our youth in a heartbeat.".................

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tales like this bring a tear to my eye. PAP also has ministers but why are they not poor like him? Serves him right for praying to a false god.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr Tan Lai Yong is a great man and the embodiment of what a physician should be – altruistic, compassionate, caring.

Unlike the mercenaries wolves in sheep's clothing infesting the PAP who call themselves doctors.