• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why are Singaporeans Angry?

Why Are Singaporeans Angry? (Multiple Choice Allowed)

• Good PMET Jobs Gone to Foreignors

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • Overcrowded and Infrasture Failure to Cope

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • PAP Controlled Media

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Rising Cost of Living and Decreasing Quality of Lofe

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Any others, please elaborate

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look around, what do you see? Doctors, teachers, lawyers, engineers who feel that they are part of the beehive; most of these people love and are dependent on the system, even defend the system.

They are being normal and satisfied, we are the weirdos who think too much and end up unhappy. They say ignorance is a bliss, those who resist the programming ends up more bitter.

Tell me, which is the happier path? I don't know, my friend.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
the Singapore Conversation went down the drain, enough of talk, my concern is now focused on getting more friends to vote the MIW out.

Right from the start, I knew they were paying lip service to the idea, merely to placate their detractors who were complaining that they weren't listening. After all, when you are bringing in hundreds of thousands a month, it's hard to think that a fella earning a thousand dollars a month might have a better idea on how to go about than you.

Ministers pay should be pegged to NS recruits pay, as they are servants of the people. Then you will see them waking up their fucking idea real fast.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look around, what do you see? Doctors, teachers, lawyers, engineers who feel that they are part of the beehive; most of these people love and are dependent on the system, even defend the system.

They are being normal and satisfied, we are the weirdos who think too much and end up unhappy. They say ignorance is a bliss, those who resist the programming ends up more bitter.

Tell me, which is the happier path? I don't know, my friend.

Those of them with upward social mobility and without vested interest in the country would have already moved out to greener pastures in Australia, New Zealand or Canada. It doesn't take a genius to realise that Singapore is heading for the dumps under LHL's rule.

When people who support PAP can tell you stuff like, "I know the PAP is fucked up, but there are no credible alternatives, thus I vote for them." They are afraid of what change might bring. It is this inaction, that will haunt our future generations, as we allow PAP free reign to do as they please. Vote wisely in 2016!!!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Right from the start, I knew they were paying lip service to the idea, merely to placate their detractors who were complaining that they weren't listening. After all, when you are bringing in hundreds of thousands a month, it's hard to think that a fella earning a thousand dollars a month might have a better idea on how to go about than you.

Ministers pay should be pegged to NS recruits pay, as they are servants of the people. Then you will see them waking up their fucking idea real fast.

I suggest ministers peg their salaries to cleaners and security guards before overtime pay. 25-30 times their basic salary.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are Singaporeans angry? Because they live in a chinese majority island.. their neighbors are of Chinese descent which embrace a stressful lifestyle. Dunno how to "relaks".
When sinkies "chabot" to Australia, NZ or anywhere else, they feel more relaks and less stressful. No need to stay away from home so late just because scared neighbors think got no business.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
40 percent of population is foreigners. Where can? We are not like the Arabs where the government dotes on the citizens.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the PAP wants to govern for another term, it must expel 2 million foreigners. This island is built for 3.3 million people, not 5.3 million!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singaporeans are angry because they are spoilt. They harbor a sense of entitlement and feel that the government should reward them with riches even if they have contributed nothing to the progress of the country.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our ricebowls are snatched from our hands & given to foreigners with help from our government in which we never voted for & wanted, but endorsed by a 60%. Our whole life savings is forever pushed out of reach from our hands (CPF) with no control over people, who hold on to our money & is free to use & make losses to them without any recriminations, rising cost of living, a multiplier effect due to every citizen having to pay for myriad indirect taxes & fees to enrich the government, their related companies & their "feeder" companies, inefficient government with dangerous security lapses, sagging infrastructure, especially transportation due to large influx of foreign workers, allowing PUBLIC housing to be used as "gambling", thus pushing the affordability out of our hands, Healthcare costs is expensive for they had made hospitals & their medical facilities into Money making centers, sold out SINgapore workers by the Unions, PR's freely enter & exit the country, taking everything they made here & having not serve National Service & their children ( from the days, when Malaysians were given PR)..

the list is exhaustive....how can one, not get angry, as a citizen?

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am Angry because PAP has been slow to reform and restrict the numbers of PMETs snatching away our jobs.
MNCs are the worst culprits behind the scenes.

I am ok with foreign construction workers, nurses, and low level jobs.

BUT I AM UNHAPPY THAT PMET JOBS ARE ALSO NOW GOING TO FOREIGNERS

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Morning guys, I vote for 'any others' and these are my observations.

Sinkees are unhappy because they are 'stucked'. Sticking to a dead-end job with low increment or no increment due to FT shits competing for the same jobs. Stuck with paying the monthly pigeonhole mortgage or rent. Want to change job but difficult to find new opportunities again because opportunities all went to cheaper FT shits. Stuck with paying for the car mortgage. Stuck with high costs of raising the kids. In short, want to go forward cannot, want to go backward also cannot. That's why I used the word 'stucked' aka LAN LAN.