• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DVD Disc Repair

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a set but one piece became defective ie refuse to play
Where can I get it repaired?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a set but one piece became defective ie refuse to play
Where can I get it repaired?

I paid 1k plus for my Pioneer Laser disc player. When I had problems with it e.g. would only display in black & white. I simply got a newer DVD player.

Nowadays a new DVD player is cheap & it has been superceded by Blue Ray. Might as well look at Blue Ray players that can also play DVDs.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I paid 1k plus for my Pioneer Laser disc player. When I had problems with it e.g. would only display in black & white. I simply got a newer DVD player.

Nowadays a new DVD player is cheap & it has been superceded by Blue Ray. Might as well look at Blue Ray players that can also play DVDs.

the laser disc player would have made a great cd player

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the laser disc player would have made a great cd player

It was good for it's time. However the new blue ray players are cheaper & are being optimised for the new 4k TVs.
You can even buy models which are multi-voltage & multi-region.

Current 4K TVs cost a bomb but prices are slowly coming down. There is really no rush because to take advantage of the new 4k TVs, they will have to re-master the movies.

I have a collection of DVD movies but don't think it's worth while to replace them with Blue Ray versions
Nowadays I am more likely to watch movies on the internet. Once I upgrade to fibre I will take a look at services like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu,..
I think it is the trend & that's why you see fewer video stores around.