• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minister Hen: RSAF has robust defence for SInkiepore airspace

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What, for all 710 sq km of airspace? LOL. Sinkie airspace is the most heavily defended airspace in the history of the world. Got missiles, fighters, AA guns, radar, AWAC etc. for 710 sq km. More heavily defended than Berlin in WW2, more heavily defended than Hanoi during the Vietnam war or Baghdad during GW1. Also most difficult to find, enemy fighter on supersonic will fly across SIngapore in 2 seconds, so they must approach slowly and carefully, easier for RSAF to shoot them. We are once again Lumber 1 in the world for something. This is where your $12 billion defense budget goes. Song Boh?

SINGAPORE: The Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) has a robust air defence system to monitor the skies and protect the sovereignty of the country's airspace.

Minister for Defence Ng Eng Hen said this in a written Parliamentary reply to Non-Constituency Member of Parliament Gerald Giam.

Dr Ng said RSAF works closely with the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore to detect and identify aircraft through its suite of radars before they enter Singapore's airspace.

If an aircraft veers off its flight path, a series of preventive measures will be triggered.

First, air traffic controllers will communicate with the aircraft to verify its reason for veering off its flight path.

If there are doubts regarding the intent of the aircraft or the aircraft does not adhere to air traffic control directions, RSAF fighter aircraft will be activated to intercept the aircraft.

Ground-based air defence systems will also be activated.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah lah, how long it will take MH370 to zoom pass 710 sq km? 2 sec? North South is only 24 miles and EW is only 50 miles. OK I will test it on Flight Sim and tell you how many seconds to zoom zoom zoom pass NS and EW.

Little dot easy to manage 50 years ago, no high rise to topple down. Now high rises are everywhere cant even see the skyline MH370 pass by you in less than 0 seconds?

It is like a frog in a well if you stand between 2 HDB flats and look up? How long does it takes to put on a full SBO fighter pilot gears? Or how long does it takes to run to the aircraft from bunker?

Jiak leow bee SAF talk about readiness? Go play toy war better?

What, for all 710 sq km of airspace? LOL. Sinkie airspace is the most heavily defended airspace in the history of the world. Got missiles, fighters, AA guns, radar, AWAC etc. for 710 sq km. More heavily defended than Berlin in WW2, more heavily defended than Hanoi during the Vietnam war or Baghdad during GW1. Also most difficult to find, enemy fighter on supersonic will fly across SIngapore in 2 seconds, so they must approach slowly and carefully, easier for RSAF to shoot them. We are once again Lumber 1 in the world for something. This is where your $12 billion defense budget goes. Song Boh?

SINGAPORE: The Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) has a robust air defence system to monitor the skies and protect the sovereignty of the country's airspace.

Minister for Defence Ng Eng Hen said this in a written Parliamentary reply to Non-Constituency Member of Parliament Gerald Giam.

Dr Ng said RSAF works closely with the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore to detect and identify aircraft through its suite of radars before they enter Singapore's airspace.

If an aircraft veers off its flight path, a series of preventive measures will be triggered.

First, air traffic controllers will communicate with the aircraft to verify its reason for veering off its flight path.

If there are doubts regarding the intent of the aircraft or the aircraft does not adhere to air traffic control directions, RSAF fighter aircraft will be activated to intercept the aircraft.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Jiak leow bee SAF talk about readiness? Go play toy war better?

The RSAF isn't going to wait till intruders are actually over the 710sqkm of airspace immediately above the Island. Way back in in 1988 when I was directly involved in the air defense of the Island, the E2Cs that were being used at the time provided more than 30 minutes of warning of any unusual aircraft activity within a cone of more than 250km radius.

You can read about the E2C's capabilities at https://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/e-2.htm

Many years have passed and I'm sure the advanced warning features today give even more time to react.

At Tengah Air Base, one squadron would be on standby duty at all times and could be scrambled within minutes. I can vouch for this because I witnessed it many times when I was deployed there.

All Air Forces have their limitations but I can tell you that when it comes to air defense, Singapore is not to be messed with. It is one of the best in the region. It's something that Singaporeans should truly be proud of.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If scud missiles are launched, what can sinkapore do?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The RSAF isn't going to wait till intruders are actually over the 710sqkm of airspace immediately above the Island. Way back in in 1988 when I was directly involved in the air defense of the Island, the E2Cs that were being used at the time provided more than 30 minutes of warning of any unusual aircraft activity within a cone of more than 250km radius.

You can read about the E2C's capabilities at https://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/e-2.htm

Many years have passed and I'm sure the advanced warning features today give even more time to react.

At Tengah Air Base, one squadron would be on standby duty at all times and could be scrambled within minutes. I can vouch for this because I witnessed it many times when I was deployed there.

All Air Forces have their limitations but I can tell you that when it comes to air defense, Singapore is not to be messed with. It is one of the best in the region. It's something that Singaporeans should truly be proud of.

Hundred missiles coming from the north, hundred from the south ...our RSAF pengsang!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Hundred missiles coming from the north, hundred from the south ...our RSAF pengsang!

In this day and age, it would be impossible to deploy hundreds of missiles without being seen. The air force would have to take them out before they are fired or if it comes to the unfortunate situation where an attack has already begun, the launching sites would have to be neutralised asap to prevent further attacks.

However, as you have pointed out, Singapore is an oasis located in an unfriendly neighborhood. Nothing can be taken for granted. That is why it is important for the nation to remain united and steadfast.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the only air defence in the world i trust is russian anti air.singapore should spend 10 billion acquiring some soviet s300 pums and triumf and buk m2.

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Robust until when found out :kma:

Just like how whitely detention centre and woodlands immigrant checkpoint are 'ROBUST' until tested by real people instead of by rehearsed drills :kma:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Robust until when found out

Just like how whitely detention centre and woodlands immigrant checkpoint are 'ROBUST' until tested by real people instead of by rehearsed drills

How well the system works in the event of a serious threat is in the hands of Singaporeans themselves. If it fails, your SGD will be worthless along with your pigeon hole. It is in the interest of all Singaporeans to guard their assets.

The SGD is strong and stable. SGD assets have made my life very comfortable and CPF savings bought me a beautiful home. Singaporeans should count their blessings.

WhatsApp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Layered air defense still lacking long range platforms. Frenchdriefs is correct, a S-300 or even better the newer version S-400 will be a great match. was rumored Singapore had once been looking and negotiating into getting the S-300, guess Uncle Sam wasn't happy.

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
How well the system works in the event of a serious threat is in the hands of Singaporeans themselves. If it fails, your SGD will be worthless along with your pigeon hole. It is in the interest of all Singaporeans to guard their assets.

The SGD is strong and stable. SGD assets have made my life very comfortable and CPF savings bought me a beautiful home. Singaporeans should count their blessings.

Your reply quite long but make no sense at all. Like how PAP MP like to talk in parliament.

I say about the false sense of security until being tested. You replied with the strong Singapore dollar. Like this also can.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your reply quite long but make no sense at all. Like how PAP MP like to talk in parliament.

I say about the false sense of security until being tested. You replied with the strong Singapore dollar. Like this also can.

dont mind him,i notice all PAP supporters and MPS and ministers are all one type.i wish i can be like them,sit on my ass all day and get paid while i spout idiotic bullshyt.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always found asking questions of this sort a complete waste of time. I could have framed the answer with little problem. I am sure if an MP asked the Minister of Home Affairs a year back if the Singapore Police Force was ready to handle riots in view of the rising population they would have got a satisfactory answer.

Might as well ask if HBD flats are safe. Whether the Fire brigade can handle a major fire. Can our roads handle heavy traffic. Anyone can provide a ready answer.

Time should be spent asking questions on issues that we all know are broken, things that don't seem right and there are many.

Why not ask why FTs can get PRS for the whole family but are allowed dependent pass for their sons? Ask how many foreigners have jumped bail? How many scholarships holders who are not Singaporeans have absconded.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There is nothing for sinkees, so what 'interests' are you referring to? The foreigners run the show. So, why the hell should sinkees defend an island dominated by foreigners? I am not going to fight for a land that I have no stake in.
I don't own the pigeon hole ...the government owns it and I have to pay thru my nose to use it for 99 years. The value of my flat as my lease end gets closer.

Once upon a time, that is true. It is no longer the case. Thanks to the PAP, we are cursed to serve the foreigners and ex-sinkee like you.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In this day and age, it would be impossible to deploy hundreds of missiles without being seen. The air force would have to take them out before they are fired or if it comes to the unfortunate situation where an attack has already begun, the launching sites would have to be neutralised asap to prevent further attacks.
RSAF doesn't have enough planes to destroy all the sites lah.

However, as you have pointed out, Singapore is an oasis located in an unfriendly neighborhood. Nothing can be taken for granted. That is why it is important for the nation to remain united and steadfast.
Sinkees have NO stake in the country. The PAP has sold us out to foreigners.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know what you guy are talking if a M'sia pilot can fly over the sky without being detected, mounting the missiles on a seabed can be detected. Malaysia Boleh!
I was told JB sultan flies his plane and landed on the polo club in Thomson is it true?
Stupid untrained drivers can easily entered in our heavily guarded entry point is it true?
Please open your eyes widely don't be the frog in the well to see the world. Anythings are possible.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Long??? It's only two short sentences. :rolleyes:

If you cannot see the link between a strong defense and preservation of assets of Singaporeans, then you are not in the a position to debate the issue.