• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minister Hen: RSAF has robust defence for SInkiepore airspace

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long??? It's only two short sentences. :rolleyes:

If you cannot see the link between a strong defense and preservation of assets of Singaporeans, then you are not in the a position to debate the issue.

You cannot see the link between 'strong' until being tested? Then you not in the position to debate.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I don't know what you guy are talking if a M'sia pilot can fly over the sky without being detected, mounting the missiles on a seabed can be detected. Malaysia Boleh!
I was told JB sultan flies his plane and landed on the polo club in Thomson is it true?
Stupid untrained drivers can easily entered in our heavily guarded entry point is it true?
Please open your eyes widely don't be the frog in the well to see the world. Anythings are possible.

Anything is possible but the job of a strong air defense is to make certain scenarios highly improbable.

The JB sultan wasn't undetected but Singapore couldn't just shoot the guy out of the sky. It would have caused a war.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You cannot see the link between 'strong' until being tested? Then you not in the position to debate.

Singapore has the hardware. However, because peace has prevailed many systems have not been tested in real life. This problem affects all countries not just Singapore.

When it comes to the crunch, I'm sure mistakes will be made as has been the case in many wars. Even the Israelis have made strategic mistakes.

However, it is comforting to know that Singapore has the hardware and manpower in place to deal with aggression. We can only hope that if war does break out, the learning curve will be as short as possible and that casualties and damage can be kept as low as possible.

The best possible scenario is to prevent aggression in the first place and Singapore has done an outstanding job in sending a clear message that attacking the Island will prove very costly to the aggressor.

The alternative is to adopt a fatalistic attitude that Singapore is a sitting duck so why bother in the first place and spend nothing on defense. We all know that this stance would be an open invitation to take over the country.

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has the hardware. However, because peace has prevailed many systems have not been tested in real life. This problem affects all countries not just Singapore.

When it comes to the crunch, I'm sure mistakes will be made as has been the case in many wars. Even the Israelis have made strategic mistakes.

However, it is comforting to know that Singapore has the hardware and manpower in place to deal with aggression. We can only hope that if war does break out, the learning curve will be as short as possible and that casualties and damage can be kept as low as possible.

The best possible scenario is to prevent aggression in the first place and Singapore has done an outstanding job in sending a clear message that attacking the Island will prove very costly to the aggressor.

The alternative is to adopt a fatalistic attitude that Singapore is a sitting duck so why bother in the first place and spend nothing on defense. We all know that this stance would be an open invitation to take over the country.

Yes. I am sure our 'potential enemies' are scare shit of our superior war technology and elite manpower. I mean, how not to be impressed by those Army, Navy and RSAF commercials. So pro so garang.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The RSAF isn't going to wait till intruders are actually over the 710sqkm of airspace immediately above the Island. Way back in in 1988 when I was directly involved in the air defense of the Island, the E2Cs that were being used at the time provided more than 30 minutes of warning of any unusual aircraft activity within a cone of more than 250km radius.

You can read about the E2C's capabilities at https://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/e-2.htm

Many years have passed and I'm sure the advanced warning features today give even more time to react.

At Tengah Air Base, one squadron would be on standby duty at all times and could be scrambled within minutes. I can vouch for this because I witnessed it many times when I was deployed there.

there a AWAC on duty 24/7 and a 2 f16 in the air together with the AWAC with another 2 on the ground on standby. info from a an ex 140 crew chief. of course that was donkey years ago and i believe the f15 had taken over the job.

btw, rsaf may boast of having 100+ modern warplanes but only a small faction of it are physically on the island.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RSAF isn't going to wait till intruders are actually over the 710sqkm of airspace immediately above the Island. Way back in in 1988 when I was directly involved in the air defense of the Island, the E2Cs that were being used at the time provided more than 30 minutes of warning of any unusual aircraft activity within a cone of more than 250km radius.

You can read about the E2C's capabilities at https://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/e-2.htm

Many years have passed and I'm sure the advanced warning features today give even more time to react.

At Tengah Air Base, one squadron would be on standby duty at all times and could be scrambled within minutes. I can vouch for this because I witnessed it many times when I was deployed there.

All Air Forces have their limitations but I can tell you that when it comes to air defense, Singapore is not to be messed with. It is one of the best in the region. It's something that Singaporeans should truly be proud of.

HUH?
I tot you were a woman with a traumatic childhood???

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
And? It is still an exercise, role play only?

I was with the officers promotion exercise/ test all cock up from day 1 which show their leadership quality? Again exercise only.

Cannot even handle the shipping route always ships crashed want to talk about air defense? Please lah?

250 km radius not even 90% radius belong to Singapore. Want to launch an air defense has to ask Malaysia and Indon PM for permission?

Singapore where got hope?

Let's wait for Myanmar to develop fully into a transshipment hub and Singapore can return to be a finishing village.

Singapore is not to be messed with. It is one of the best in the region. It's something that Singaporeans should truly be proud of.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Time should be spent asking questions on issues that we all know are broken, things that don't seem right and there are many.

Why not ask why FTs can get PRS for the whole family but are allowed dependent pass for their sons? Ask how many foreigners have jumped bail? How many scholarships holders who are not Singaporeans have absconded.

Yeah, right. Why not ask Minister Hen about PR and their rights to buy and own HDB flats and their sons do not have to serve NS? Are pappies taking sinkies for granted for screwing? What about PR being allowed to leave with their full CPF money and after selling their HDB flats? Why are sinkies not allowed to take out their CPF money in full?

Last edited:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has the hardware. However, because peace has prevailed many systems have not been tested in real life. This problem affects all countries not just Singapore....However, it is comforting to know that Singapore has the hardware and manpower in place to deal with aggression. We can only hope that if war does break out, the learning curve will be as short as possible and that casualties and damage can be kept as low as possible.

What a joke. It took the ah nehs to start a riot to show incompetence of the almighty police force. The ah nehs flipped and burned their vehicles. What did they do? The policemen ran away. Hardware and manpower to deal with aggression? Where?

It took an ah peh to crash through Woodlands Checkpoint to wake up the pappies about serious lapse of security control there. The barrier was defective but no one cared until it was tested by that ah peh. Hardware and manpower to deal with aggression? Where?

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a joke. It took the ah nehs to start a riot to show incompetence of the almighty police force. The ah nehs flipped and burned their vehicles. What did they do? The policemen ran away. Hardware and manpower to deal with aggression? Where?

It took an ah peh to crash through Woodlands Checkpoint to wake up the pappies about serious lapse of security control there. The barrier was defective but no one cared until it was tested by that ah peh. Hardware and manpower to deal with aggression? Where?

Our civil service procurement procedure also very 'ROBUST'. That is until the Brompton bike, pineapple tarts, SLA scandal tested it. :(

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was told JB sultan flies his plane and landed on the polo club in Thomson is it true?

Not sure if still happening today. In the past, yes. MHA and SPF had many meetings to decide how best to deal with the Sultan. To 'control' the Sultan and his flying machine, splashing paint to 'blind' his vision was an option.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there a AWAC on duty 24/7 and a 2 f16 in the air together with the AWAC with another 2 on the ground on standby. info from a an ex 140 crew chief. of course that was donkey years ago and i believe the f15 had taken over the job.

btw, rsaf may boast of having 100+ modern warplanes but only a small faction of it are physically on the island.

When the real test comes, it will be another failure similar to LI.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Our civil service procurement procedure also very 'ROBUST'. That is until the Brompton bike, pineapple tarts, SLA scandal tested it. :(

These are all minor issues in comparison with the scandals and dishonesty that occurs in other countries.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the real test comes, it will be another failure similar to LI.

the problem is that the ppl below put up so many wayangs to show their bosses until the ppl on top believe the whole BS. it machiam standby bed, the platoon wayang to bluff the sgt, then the sgt wayang to con the CSM while the CSM wayang to cheat the OC and the wayang go on and on until nobody know the truth anymore.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The biggest threat is the enemy within.
With the pappies openly welcoming all and sundry, who knows how many of these foreigners are a security threat?
One of the highest paid in the world even boasted about how many foreigners served NS under him!

This attack upon...Pearl Harbor..... one of the most successful surprise attacks in military history. .......a little known component of this incredibly successful attack is that the Japanese....had contracted with a ....German family to spy on the American military operations at Pearl Harbor from 1935!.... that a family of German spies helped set up the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor and made it much simpler and much more deadly. A German Nazi named Bernard Julius Otto Kuhn (Kuehn) moved his wife and two children to Hawaii in August of 1935 with the mission to spy upon the Americans at their military installation in Pearl Harbor

http://communities.washingtontimes....rman-spy-family-japanese-attack-pearl-harbor/

Last edited: