• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minister Hen: RSAF has robust defence for SInkiepore airspace

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....u have a crazy sultan who behaved like he was also sultan of singapore.....flew his helicopter to the polo club, frightened a horse onto Thomson road which was knocked down by a passing vehicle...
who know one day there will be a mad man in power???

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The military doctrine is quite straightforward in view of our size and our location in the midst of the sea of Malays - massive deterence based on first strike capability. Our entire defence is built on this premise. If it is not a weapons or a vehicle to launch an attack an asset serves a surveillance purpose in order to react first and with massive force.

There is no way that Singapore can survive a extended confrontation without wrecking its economy and chasing away investors, tourist and trade partners. To avoid that it has to go for first strike capability at the first sign of danger. The threats that will result in action and the targets that are ranked are codified in order to avoid procrastination and indecision.

Malaysia and Indonesia need not even step on our soil to damage the country. Any sign of overt aggression and the country will come to a stand-still. The Bangladeshi workers, the maids, the expats, the traders and most family members of the rich and powerful would have fled.

Singapore has had first level mobilisation on a number of occasions. Gold reserves have been spirited away to Brunei in the 1990s in the midst of the crisis with Mahathir over the checkpoint.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is cheaper to just buy protection from the Yankees and the deterrent would have more credibility. Male sinkees won't have to waste their time pretending to be soldiers.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is cheaper to just buy protection from the Yankees and the deterrent would have more credibility. Male sinkees won't have to waste their time pretending to be soldiers.

We are not important enough to the yanks to earn protection no matter how much we paid.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Just one question. Who is willing to die for the continuation of a Lee dynasty led government?

I'm not interested in any dynasty. However, I'd do what it takes to preserve my SG assets as it forms a good chunk of my retirement savings.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you hit the nail, spot on.

In the beginning PAP started as a party fo the nation and ended a party building a Leggime dynasty. Look at all the important postings are for his family and relatives.

Look at PA alone, all PA members are PAP people and all major contractors are PA members sitting at CCC, CCE and whatever fuck Cs there are.

Massive Orgies at PAP?

Just one question. Who is willing to die for the continuation of a Lee dynasty led government?

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you will get your investments in Singapore, no worries. But to inherit to your kids is a big ???? in 2030 onwards.

This morning I hold 2 coconuts one hand each and can see no future in Singapore after 2030.

I'm not interested in any dynasty. However, I'd do what it takes to preserve my SG assets as it forms a good chunk of my retirement savings.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stones throw my ass. Its at least 40 mins by boat. Let me educate you a little. With just the standing SAF regulars force and the SPF, we have about 120,000 armed men in SIngapore. We are not counting reservists. Conventional military wisdom says u need a force of 3 to 1 in favour of the attacker at the point of attack to succeed. The Indons would have to load a force of about 360,000 men onto ships and sail them through some of the busiest shipping lanes in the world, and do that without anyone seeing them to achieve total surprise attack. If you use Riau islands as the jumping off point, you are still faced with shipping 360,000 men, their heavy equipment like tanks, and arty pieces to the Riau islands. Its a logistical impossibility even for the US. During the Normandy Landing, the largest fleet ever assembled in the history of mankind (about 7,000 vessels) landed 157,000 men in 24hrs on a wide frontage. During the first Gulf WAr, Operation Desert Storm, the US Navy fleet of 100 ships off Kuwait could only manage to embark 17,000 Marines for the liberation of Kuwait. To even land a measely 5,000 troops from riau islands is a huge naval undertaking. To land 100,000 is an impossibility for them or for any world power. Now you know the magnitude of what u claim is so easy, "a stone's throw" my ass. U know shit about military stuff, don't come and quote me Malta and all that crap.

knowing the pussies and guniangs that permeate our SAF.its more like we need 7 man to defend every attacker from indonesia.especially those battle hardened guereillas that can slice any NS men's baby lamb's throat like Rambo on fire.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stones throw my ass. Its at least 40 mins by boat. Now you know the magnitude of what u claim is so easy, "a stone's throw" my ass. U know shit about military stuff, don't come and quote me Malta and all that crap.

maybe not stone throw but certaintly within range of a 120mm mortar. surely the TNI can spare 10 to lob 2-3 shells then scoot off before counter battery fire arrive. i also notice that the TNI order the brazilian AstrosII MLRS. SAF already have problems with the mersing line due to the same mlrs system msia have. most ops plan can go into the bin.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
hahaha....u have a crazy sultan who behaved like he was also sultan of singapore.....flew his helicopter to the polo club, frightened a horse onto Thomson road which was knocked down by a passing vehicle...
who know one day there will be a mad man in power???

Yup, he was crazy,he should have flew his helicopter up your asshole.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
maybe not stone throw but certaintly within range of a 120mm mortar. surely the TNI can spare 10 to lob 2-3 shells then scoot off before counter battery fire arrive. i also notice that the TNI order the brazilian AstrosII MLRS. SAF already have problems with the mersing line due to the same mlrs system msia have. most ops plan can go into the bin.

Lobbing a few mortar rounds and rockets is not the same as coming over with 100,000 men to take the ground. You still have not addressed how they would do that. Even the most powerful navy in the world cannot do that, and the Indonesian navy is far from that,

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
knowing the pussies and guniangs that permeate our SAF.its more like we need 7 man to defend every attacker from indonesia.especially those battle hardened guereillas that can slice any NS men's baby lamb's throat like Rambo on fire.

It does not matter how many man it takes to defend against 1 enemy attacker. the question u have not addressed is how are they going to get the men from Indonesia to here? By Sampans? Ferries? LST? What? The indonesian navy is a joke. Everyone knows this. Talk is cheap, but the actual logisitics of landing even a small force of 5,000 is very beyond their capability.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Buy what protection? By the time the US mobilizes a task force to sail here and rescue us, the fight is long over. Its not counted as a deterrent at all, if your saviour cannot get to you in time.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The military doctrine is quite straightforward in view of our size and our location in the midst of the sea of Malays - massive deterence based on first strike capability. Our entire defence is built on this premise. If it is not a weapons or a vehicle to launch an attack an asset serves a surveillance purpose in order to react first and with massive force.

There is no way that Singapore can survive a extended confrontation without wrecking its economy and chasing away investors, tourist and trade partners. To avoid that it has to go for first strike capability at the first sign of danger. The threats that will result in action and the targets that are ranked are codified in order to avoid procrastination and indecision.

Malaysia and Indonesia need not even step on our soil to damage the country. Any sign of overt aggression and the country will come to a stand-still. The Bangladeshi workers, the maids, the expats, the traders and most family members of the rich and powerful would have fled.

Singapore has had first level mobilisation on a number of occasions. Gold reserves have been spirited away to Brunei in the 1990s in the midst of the crisis with Mahathir over the checkpoint.

Please lah, what is this crap? First strike at the first sign of danger? What is considered a sign of danger? If we use first strike, we are the aggressors, and the world opinion will be against us. How many hundreds of thousands of Malaysians are presently working, and studying in singapore? Same for Indonesians? There are hundreds of thousands of Indonesians domestic workers and labourers, as well as families of rich tycoons and Indonesian kids studying here. At your so call first sign of danger, its much easier to round up 10,000 citizens of whichever stupid country is going to attack and hold them as hostage. For every bomb or missile they land on us, shoot 1000 of their citizens. They will think twice. No need to spend $12 billion on defence or first strike bullshit.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buy what protection? By the time the US mobilizes a task force to sail here and rescue us, the fight is long over. Its not counted as a deterrent at all, if your saviour cannot get to you in time.

it depends on whether the US wants to get involved or not. it is said the US can mobilize an effective force to fight anywhere in the world within 12 hours.