• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is government subsidizing SMRT?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Night Rider bus services heading toward the city from residential areas will cease to operate from April 30, said SMRT in a statement today.

Operation hours for buses heading from the city to residential areas will also be cut short.

Services NR1, NR2, NR3, NR5, NR6, NR7 and NR8 leaving the city toward residential areas will operate on shorter hours from 11.30pm till 2am - instead of 4am - on Friday and Saturday nights, as well as on eve of public holidays.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, now I have no choice but to take taxi!!!!

Why is my tax dollars funding the bus companies then???????

Because Temasek is the biggest shareholder and get dividends.
Pay for the buses from public funds, get dividends/profits from the company.
Good deal!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should lower the farking cab fares at night.seriously I can sometimes see 6 to 7 taxis at a intersection with no passengers.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Services NR1, NR2, NR3, NR5, NR6, NR7 and NR8 leaving the city toward residential areas will operate on shorter hours from 11.30pm till 2am - instead of 4am - on Friday and Saturday nights, as well as on eve of public holidays.

There is no reason why anyone should be out on the streets at 4 am. Nothing good ever happens at that unearthly hour. These photos say it all :

wasted.jpg

wastedsg.jpg

1092876.jpg

People should be in bed by 1 am latest. It's good for the health.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because Temasek is the biggest shareholder and get dividends.
Pay for the buses from public funds, get dividends/profits from the company.
Good deal!

you can bet PAP ministers are also shareholders in Govt-linked companies too..............clean corruption indeed

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are 101% right. go home early to do your home works help increase more lameduck to run the country.

There is no reason why anyone should be out on the streets at 4 am. Nothing good ever happens at that unearthly hour. These photos say it all :

View attachment 15038

wastedsg.jpg

1092876.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no reason why anyone should be out on the streets at 4 am. Nothing good ever happens at that unearthly hour.

I had to attend a dinner function in town & had to leave about 10.30pm even though the event was still going on because I didn't want to spend $ on cabs.
I wasn't alone, many others were rushing to catch the last train

The reality for many Sporeans is that they have to catch the last train & then take a connecting bus. The last train usually runs from 11pm onwards & who knows when the last bus runs. If you are unlucky & miss the train or bus, you have to pay a fine to some taxi company:rolleyes:

In places like Canada it is no problem since their MRT services run until 1 am. One can also get a ride from friends or even from strangers. In Bangkok, Malaysia you don't even have a night surcharge & cab prices are cheep, chee, cheep....