• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone tried memory foam mattress topper ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am thinking to get a seahorse memory foam topper to make my bed more comfortable. My mattress is already 15 years old, bought quite expensive type so I do not want to buy another mattress. Anyone has tried any memory foam topper ? In sinkieland is the weather too hot to sleep on it ? Tried google for reviews but all I can find are people from other parts of the world which they will have different climate. Anyone care to share your experience ?

Last edited:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once you get older it's better to sleep on bare concrete floor, it's good for your backbone

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once you get older it's better to sleep on bare concrete floor, it's good for your backbone

Are you suggesting that the 65 Pioneers Club, need the practice to lie on cold concrete slab?? that is where they are heading soon...throw in a headstone as well....btw, sleeping on bare concrete floors is good for your arthritis too!...the doctors will love ya!!

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am thinking to get a seahorse memory foam topper to make my bed more comfortable. My mattress is already 15 years old, bought quite expensive type so I do not want to buy another mattress. Anyone has tried any memory foam topper ? In sinkieland is the weather too hot to sleep on it ? Tried google for reviews but all I can find are people from other parts of the world which they will have different climate. Anyone care to share your experience ?

Once your mattress have quite some years in them, its time to change. The mattress, over time, will be uneven because you tend to sleep in similar position. It will become lopsided and will cause a lot of issues, like back strains, poor sleep quality, etc... The lopsided mattress will also cause your pillow, even if you buy the best brand, to be made useless because the bed is not level. If you mattress is having this problem, adding an add-on will not solve it.

I would suggest that you strongly consider getting new mattress and buy a real good one. No money can replace a good night sleep. So far, I have test quite a few and still think Tempur is one of the best around.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once your mattress have quite some years in them, its time to change. The mattress, over time, will be uneven because you tend to sleep in similar position. It will become lopsided and will cause a lot of issues, like back strains, poor sleep quality, etc... The lopsided mattress will also cause your pillow, even if you buy the best brand, to be made useless because the bed is not level. If you mattress is having this problem, adding an add-on will not solve it.

I would suggest that you strongly consider getting new mattress and buy a real good one. No money can replace a good night sleep. So far, I have test quite a few and still think Tempur is one of the best around.

Thanks for the suggestion. Understand what you trying to explain. My mattress is still in quite good shape, I did not feel any lopside, the only thing is after so many years , the internal foam or latex (I am unsure) has lost its effect, so it becomes more harden then when it was new. But it is still consider in good shape. That's why I think of the topper solution.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

15 years later then get topper ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought expensive mattress is made to last for a few decades ? My mattress has 15 years of warranty that means warranty just over :wink:

A Dunlop latex mattress has a 10 year warranty. I am also thinking of replacing my mattress which is older than 10 years. My Tempur pillow is still good. I'd like to get a Tempur mattress but it's too expensive at 2k to 3k:(

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Dunlop latex mattress has a 10 year warranty. I am also thinking of replacing my mattress which is older than 10 years. My Tempur pillow is still good. I'd like to get a Tempur mattress but it's too expensive at 2k to 3k:(

always always get a 2-sided mattress......very rare liao.......

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Agreed Sir..been doing that for ages.Even if we are staying in some Luxurious Resorts Overseas; stiLL my Queer
habit of sLeeping on the concrete Lies..:wink:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed Sir..been doing that for ages.Even if we are staying in some Luxurious Resorts Overseas; stiLL my Queer
habit of sLeeping on the concrete Lies..:wink:

your luxurious resort is those like changi prison or detention barrack type?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

tempur mattress is like memory also right, will it be too hot in sinkieland ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tempur mattress is like memory also right, will it be too hot in sinkieland ?

I can only afford the Tempur pillow so don't know if it the mattress is hotter. Have had the Tempur pillow for at least 10 years & it is still in good shape.

I sleep with the aircon on & set the timer to turn it off after 2 hours.