• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Further proof that LHL is an excellent PM

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
include constructions are just pack of lies. right hand give to left hand.

ith the fourth quarter last year, the economy grew just 0.1 per cent in the first quarter this year on a seasonally-adjusted annualised basis.
[/FONT]
The manufacturing sector expanded a faster 8 per cent in the January to March quarter over a year ago, and 4.5 per cent over the preceding quarter, the MTI said.
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
where you have neighbors making pirated copies of soft wares which most of the time crashed the PCs there are no skills and quality in their work. Where they watch pirated copy blur movies how they are going to appreciate peoples hard work and creativity.

If the money doesn't trickle down to the masses, it is not the fault of the government. You have to ask the masses why they don't have the skills, the tenacity and creativity to capture a big slice of the ever expanding pie. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Singapore economy grew 5.1 per cent in the first quarter of 2014 from the same period last year, boosted by strong growth in manufacturing and construction. -- ST FILE PHOTO: DESMOND WEE

BY FIONA CHAN

SINGAPORE - Boosted by strong growth in manufacturing and construction, the Singapore economy grew 5.1 per cent in the first quarter from the same period last year.

This was lower than the 5.5 per cent growth in the fourth quarter of last year over the year before, according to advance estimates released by the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) said on Monday.

Compared with the fourth quarter last year, the economy grew just 0.1 per cent in the first quarter this year on a seasonally-adjusted annualised basis.

The manufacturing sector expanded a faster 8 per cent in the January to March quarter over a year ago, and 4.5 per cent over the preceding quarter, the MTI said.

Next quarter, growth becomes 1 percent. Then are you going to say LHL is an average PM?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U know Leong Sam,bill Clinton doesn't need all these retarded proof and statistics to prove he is a great man and leader because people can see it in him.all I see in ass long is a great clown.

Just like when I go to Melbourne land down under I can see its a great city.I don't need numbers and media hype to tell me its a great city.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
These growth figures would have been no different if someone else was holding the reigns to power. Singapore's economic success reflects the success of the rest of the world in general and the region more specifically. As long as the leadership in Singapore isn't a crazed lunatic, any sane person would have these results attributed to them. Singapore's population is generally honest and hardworking, and being located ideally, services in finance, distribution, logistics would come through the city-state. In the long term, general manufacturing would go to places where labour is cheaper and markets larger, for example, Thailand, Indonesia. Singapore has sheltered harbour which gave her a good headstart, and good mercantile laws and financial operations (thank the Brits for that), but mostly, a law abiding and diligent populace, which definitely needs more recognition. Not the government.

Cheers!

That is very true, Singaporeans are hardworking, honest and law abiding that made the success of the country and made governing this place a simple job all these years. Look at how the SPF etc all fumbled when they meet lawless people imported from third world. But we never get a word of thanks from the government for being good and nice people and instead they call us daft and still put all the blame for littering etc on Singaporeans and ask us to be kind and gracious as if we are not kind enough!

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
U know Leong Sam,bill Clinton doesn't need all these retarded proof and statistics to prove he is a great man and leader because people can see it in him.all I see in ass long is a great clown.

Just like when I go to Melbourne land down under I can see its a great city.I don't need numbers and media hype to tell me its a great city.

yeah right he is a great man to let 800,000 Rwandan mati by getting distracted over some white liquid on Monika Lewinsky dress.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
SGP garmen control everything from your TV to your Internet, how we know the stats are true? SATAN is in the details.

Last edited:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is very true, Singaporeans are hardworking, honest and law abiding that made the success of the country and made governing this place a simple job all these years. Look at how the SPF etc all fumbled when they meet lawless people imported from third world. But we never get a word of thanks from the government for being good and nice people and instead they call us daft and still put all the blame for littering etc on Singaporeans and ask us to be kind and gracious as if we are not kind enough!

Only dumb Govt with dumb policies prefer FTsh over their own natives.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
These growth figures would have been no different if someone else was holding the reigns to power.

If LHL is to be blamed to Singapore's failures, then he also has to be credited for the country's successes. It works both ways.

If it doesn't make any difference who is in power, then there's no point voting the PAP out is there as whoever runs the show has little influence on outcomes.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the greater scheme of things, the individual makes little difference, example, soccer is a team game, but one player can have large profound in influencing the team's morale. Singapore's infrastructure is the result of many contributors, city planners, architects, civil engineers, construction crews, cement suppliers, coolies, etc. We can say that LKY's vision helped create the works that put all the above into play, but to say that he did all that, is somewhat stretching the truth, but for reasons of brevity, it can be accepted, that LKY built modern city, just that by saying that, we've left out the toil and sweat by all the lowly paid construction workers working their guts out. I don't know if you remember indian workers who lived in "PUB quarters", residences built for tamil workers who worked for PUB employees and their families? Nobody today gives any recognition to those chaps who dug the roads, laid the concrete foundations of many prominent buildings in the city-state, but everyone knows that LKY built Singapore. Well, that's the truth, and that's politics.

LHL, I don't know what's so great about him other than being the lucky son of the country's "founder." He was thrusted into his current position by his father's crafty manoeveuring and politicking. No one in his party ever contested him for that leadership position because they all respected his daddy. None of the military big wigs had the ambition to challenge his position and he cruised easily to sit on top of everyone else. So, I do not know what greatness is there in somebody who never had to do anything difficult in his life. Perhaps he should do something controversial like reversing his daddy's ban on chewing gum.

Cheers!

If LHL is to be blamed to Singapore's failures, then he also has to be credited for the country's successes. It works both ways.

If it doesn't make any difference who is in power, then there's no point voting the PAP out is there as whoever runs the show has little influence on outcomes.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
In the greater scheme of things, the individual makes little difference, example, soccer is a team game, but one player can have large profound in influencing the team's morale. Singapore's infrastructure is the result of many contributors, city planners, architects, civil engineers, construction crews, cement suppliers, coolies, etc. We can say that LKY's vision helped create the works that put all the above into play, but to say that he did all that, is somewhat stretching the truth, but for reasons of brevity, it can be accepted, that LKY built modern city, just that by saying that, we've left out the toil and sweat by all the lowly paid construction workers working their guts out. I don't know if you remember indian workers who lived in "PUB quarters", residences built for tamil workers who worked for PUB employees and their families? Nobody today gives any recognition to those chaps who dug the roads, laid the concrete foundations of many prominent buildings in the city-state, but everyone knows that LKY built Singapore. Well, that's the truth, and that's politics.

LHL, I don't know what's so great about him other than being the lucky son of the country's "founder." He was thrusted into his current position by his father's crafty manoeveuring and politicking. No one in his party ever contested him for that leadership position because they all respected his daddy. None of the military big wigs had the ambition to challenge his position and he cruised easily to sit on top of everyone else. So, I do not know what greatness is there in somebody who never had to do anything difficult in his life. Perhaps he should do something controversial like reversing his daddy's ban on chewing gum.

Cheers!

Digits who do the dirty work are a dime a dozen. Visionary leaders who can make use of the digits to do great things are few and far between.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Why talk so much cock when u are just a digit?

Digits are famous for talking cock while doing nothing constructive whatsoever. The whole of Singapore is full of digits sprouting a load of crap on a daily basis. I'm just one of the many.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
And so far, LHL has not done anything visionary. All I hear is him asking the citizens to work hard, make sacrifices, not to let their guard down. If I remember, every school teacher said that to us in our class lectures as well. Does this action make him a "dime a dozen" person?

Cheers!

Digits who do the dirty work are a dime a dozen. Visionary leaders who can make use of the digits to do great things are few and far between.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
And so far, LHL has not done anything visionary. All I hear is him asking the citizens to work hard, make sacrifices, not to let their guard down. If I remember, every school teacher said that to us in our class lectures as well. Does this action make him a "dime a dozen" person?

Cheers!

Talk is cheap. However, LHL has a proven track record in delivering the goods. Just look around you at the wonderful transformation that Singapore has gone through since he took over.