• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ass Loon said don't anyhow say he wants coalition government

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
  • POSTED: 13 Apr 2014 20:13

[h=2]Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said a coalition government for Singapore was not on his mind, as a Financial Times article had suggested.[/h]
lee-hsien-loong-2.jpg

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said a coalition government for Singapore was not on his mind, as a Financial Times article had suggested.

During a recent interview, he was asked by an FT journalist if he could envisage a day when the People's Action Party is not in power.

In a post on Facebook, Mr Lee on Sunday said: "Some journalists have asked me whether I was really thinking of a coalition government in Singapore.

"My press secretary has told them that what I meant was that I could imagine a situation one day where the PAP is not dominant, but that I had no idea how that would work, or whether it could be made to work at all.

"To think that instead of PAP dominance we will have a stable two-party system is naive.

"A coalition government for Singapore was not on my mind."

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So don't dream that this Ass Loon want to "share share" power. How to cover up her husband Ho Ching's misdeeds if there's a coalition government

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A coalition govt is not by choice. When you don't have a majority you have little choice. If you think that scenario might rise, you might prepare the party for it by having an understanding or sponsoring the creation of a "friendly" party.

He mentioned that after the drubbing in GE, 2 BEs and 1 PE. In the PE, it was a debacle. If that is not a trend I do not know what is.

So don't dream that this Ass Loon want to "share share" power. How to cover up her husband Ho Ching's misdeeds if there's a coalition government

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A coalition govt is not by choice. When you don't have a majority you have little choice. If you think that scenario might rise, you might prepare the party for it by having an understanding or sponsoring the creation of a "friendly" party.

He mentioned that after the drubbing in GE, 2 BEs and 1 PE. In the PE, it was a debacle. If that is not a trend I do not know what is.

True, a coalition is not by choice. He still thinks that PAP dominance is forever. If voters wise up, I think PAP cannot even be the government come next election.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP will lose 2016 if election is fair.

If the WP takes over government, we will get the chance to see the skeletons in the closet and bring the PAP elites to justice.

To incarcerate them in Pulau Sudong, Pulau Senang and Pulau Pawai and let the RSAF make their remaining days a living hell for the decades of hardship they have imposed on sinkees.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes jail all those corrupt bastards and their cronies. De-Leegalised them and bring justice for all to see.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he must have done extensive research. The Liberals in Australia have never been able to form a govt on its own and always led a coalition govt and this has been going for decades. They are now in Govt. The mix would be the PAP strength in technocracy and control with a partner party that is closer to social issues and people focused led by known and accepted identities. The minor will emulate WP to cut its base.

I am aware that we will all wonder how it works but typically they will given certain privileges as well concessions in term of minor policies.

It will interesting as the minor party will have to emerge sometime soon. I bet it will have ex PAP members to some extent but will be led by someone charismatic who has no prior links to the PAP. I also will speculate that his articulation skills will be superb yet will display humility.

he's a mathematician by training, he know his odds, any form of coalition will make him look bad :p:p:p

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The swiss model is driven by culture and language interest but the principles are the same as most people look at the MP and not what the Govt is going to be when they vote.

thought the Swiss model of coalition looked very alluring...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlikely. Singaporeans are by nature cautious. Many will prefer the status quo if they are see uncertainty. They are also not clear about the concept of democracy, the role of the press and conduct of PA etc.

The PAP will lose 2016 if election is fair.

If the WP takes over government, we will get the chance to see the skeletons in the closet and bring the PAP elites to justice.

To incarcerate them in Pulau Sudong, Pulau Senang and Pulau Pawai and let the RSAF make their remaining days a living hell for the decades of hardship they have imposed on sinkees.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlikely. Singaporeans are by nature cautious. Many will prefer the status quo if they are see uncertainty. They are also not clear about the concept of democracy, the role of the press and conduct of PA etc.

very tempted to just leave the peasants to their fates. i dont know what runs their bodies. it certainly isnt a brain

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
smel;s like a kelong going on.....

probably one where they sent their double agents to form another "opposition" to sway the votyers and then form another "coalition" govt all in the name of Leemocracy

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
It a freudian slip that betrayed his inner thoughts, like how he said he was going to 'fix opposition'.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What do you mean by 'by nature cautious'? Voting for the incumbent is cautious? Voting for oppositions is kamikaze and thrill seeking?

I see your post contains a very subliminal threatening message that Sinkees are daft, ignorant and balless to make a change? Is that right?

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
he's a mathematician by training, he know his odds, any form of coalition will make him look bad :p:p:p

aiyah what he envisages is a coalition behind the backs of sinkies fucktards lor.....

heads i win -tails you lose type of situation....not unlike the american systemn

...in the end the people get fucked over by 2 political parties who just answer to the same bosses

....talk about ultimate kelong lor.....

get ready for your life in hell........ as Tuayapeh would say..... :biggrin:

PAPBinIt2016_zps2022dc23.jpg