• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eco Spring and Summer

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL… This visit is mainly to check out our neighbours lah.
Not enough moolah how buy? And now timing abit not right.
But i seriously think Bradford Residence is better than Montana's Dumont/Claremont.
Just me & my Lao Po's views only.

:cool:

neutral

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Eco SUmmer units that are above Rm700K is moving at a slow pace but is better than ECo Spring. As mention earlier, locals cannot afford it.

long koh,
you mentioned in r&f forum thread there are many rich people in JB. these rich people can afford R&F and not ecosummer ? hhhmmm....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL… This visit is mainly to check out our neighbours lah.
Not enough moolah how buy? And now timing abit not right.
But i seriously think Bradford Residence is better than Montana's Dumont/Claremont.
Just me & my Lao Po's views only.

:cool:

Yes, I like the design too, traditional look. a bit expensive, though. 1.2M above?

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
$1.24m to be exact. 35 x 80. Compare to Dumont/Claremont 32 x 80.
Both Comparable in pricing now. External facade Bradford to me win hands down.
I understand that Spring's Club house is going to be BIG.
I especially like the pond which is clear waters and not murky brown.
Heard they especially pump it in from clear streams quite a distance away.

Thumbs Up

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
$1.24m to be exact. 35 x 80. Compare to Dumont/Claremont 32 x 80.
Both Comparable in pricing now. External facade Bradford to me win hands down.
I understand that Spring's Club house is going to be BIG.
I especially like the pond which is clear waters and not murky brown.
Heard they especially pump it in from clear streams quite a distance away.

Thumbs Up

Spring's Club house is going to be BIG. Definitely. However, it may not be a good news to the residents because it means the maintenance fee charged is gonna be BIG too. Even you ask the sales person in EW now, they cannot answer you exactly how much. They will just tell you is gonna be more than RM600 per month.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spring's Club house is going to be BIG. Definitely. However, it may not be a good news to the residents because it means the maintenance fee charged is gonna be BIG too. Even you ask the sales person in EW now, they cannot answer you exactly how much. They will just tell you is gonna be more than RM600 per month.

Spring is definitely not cheap and it's 1.24m pricing of it's Luxurious house with BIG facilities definitely will cost u $500 myr upwards maintenance fee if not how to maintain all the facilities & beautiful landscaping? Not to mention security cost. I dun and never expect it to be cheap maintenance say 2-300 myr coz it's not realistic. I believed Spring buyers walked in with their Eyes Opened!!!

Thanks for your continuous pointing out on the sky high maintenance cost. At least u toned down from 1 point whereby the $ mentioned was :*:
Coz i dun have a Crystal ball. I dunno what's the future going to be like.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spring is definitely not cheap and it's 1.24m pricing of it's Luxurious house with BIG facilities definitely will cost u $500 myr upwards maintenance fee if not how to maintain all the facilities & beautiful landscaping? Not to mention security cost. I dun and never expect it to be cheap maintenance say 2-300 myr coz it's not realistic. I believed Spring buyers walked in with their Eyes Opened!!!

Thanks for your continuous pointing out on the sky high maintenance cost. At least u toned down from 1 point whereby the $ mentioned was :*:
Coz i dun have a Crystal ball. I dunno what's the future going to be like.

I would have thought that maintenance fee would be less of an issue to S'porean as people who live in non-landed estates are paying an ever escalating maintenance fee in Sg anyway. With the "minimum wage" mandated for cleaners, and now the security guards, the maintenance fees in SG imposed by MCST will definitely escalate faster than in MY, so it will be less of an issue, in my view.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I expect maintenance to be around $500 RM per month eventually when the Eco Spring VPs in 2-3 years' time. On top of this property taxes may hit about $200 RM per month at this price level. So we are looking at around $700 RM a month of compulsory facilities/security costs and taxes. If the owners take 70-80% loan, monthly installment+maintenance+taxes will be around $5-6k RM a month. I suppose the owners have already done their sums :smile:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would have thought that maintenance fee would be less of an issue to S'porean as people who live in non-landed estates are paying an ever escalating maintenance fee in Sg anyway. With the "minimum wage" mandated for cleaners, and now the security guards, the maintenance fees in SG imposed by MCST will definitely escalate faster than in MY, so it will be less of an issue, in my view.

Construction cost is going up too.

Mandatory skills upgrading for construction workers in 2015
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/mandatory-skills/1444014.html

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

strata title landed living is a new thing that is becoming popular in KL this past decade, and will find more traction in JB in the future. JB should be about 5 years behind KL in terms of lifestyle.

in fact, yesterday i just saw this article on star re: emergence of strata landed G&G.

http://www.starproperty.my/index.php/articles/property-news/strata-living-a-tale-of-two-cities/

"From the above, one city simply does not reflect the other. While the idea of chipping into strata living is involuntary at large, there are pros in strata living that warrant the higher income group to choose and favour strata living.

Bundling with the improvement of the strata regime that caters to the wants of this higher income group, strata living is the way forward for Malaysia in our path to a developed nation."

500RM maintenance fee, so what. Those people in KL (Malaysians) staying in strata landed already paying more. While it is true that a large number of locals will not want to pay, there is equally those who will willingly do so due to the security and environment. The house is 1.2M what is 500RM a month (if it is that much, i suspect it might be lower). The higher maintenance fee is due to having to pay for the landscaping and maintenance of common areas within the privately held land which is different from individual titled landed, where common areas eventually will be handed over to municipal council for maintenance.

basically, it is a different product to the traditional taman houses. yes, it is more expensive, but both have their pros and cons.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
strata title landed living is a new thing that is becoming popular in KL this past decade, and will find more traction in JB in the future. JB should be about 5 years behind KL in terms of lifestyle.

in fact, yesterday i just saw this article on star re: emergence of strata landed G&G.

http://www.starproperty.my/index.php/articles/property-news/strata-living-a-tale-of-two-cities/

"From the above, one city simply does not reflect the other. While the idea of chipping into strata living is involuntary at large, there are pros in strata living that warrant the higher income group to choose and favour strata living.

Bundling with the improvement of the strata regime that caters to the wants of this higher income group, strata living is the way forward for Malaysia in our path to a developed nation."

500RM maintenance fee, so what. Those people in KL (Malaysians) staying in strata landed already paying more. While it is true that a large number of locals will not want to pay, there is equally those who will willingly do so due to the security and environment. The house is 1.2M what is 500RM a month (if it is that much, i suspect it might be lower). The higher maintenance fee is due to having to pay for the landscaping and maintenance of common areas within the privately held land which is different from individual titled landed, where common areas eventually will be handed over to municipal council for maintenance.

basically, it is a different product to the traditional taman houses. yes, it is more expensive, but both have their pros and cons.

Sometimes, it is difficult to comprehend without experiencing. I opine that S'poreans have little issue with this as most have lived or have relatives living under this environment. Mr Long should stop raising this issue repeatedly or forumers should ignore similar comments from now on as it will lead to nowhere.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes, it is difficult to comprehend without experiencing. I opine that S'poreans have little issue with this as most have lived or have relatives living under this environment. Mr Long should stop raising this issue repeatedly or forumers should ignore similar comments from now on as it will lead to nowhere.

To be fair to Mr Long, if you intend to rent out the property, the high maintenance fees are indeed a consideration, as they eat into the profit margins. For self-stay, I think it's not really an issue, as you get to enjoy swimming pools, gym, clubhouse etc.

If I intend to rent out the place, I avoid maintenance fees > S$500 in SG.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair to Mr Long, if you intend to rent out the property, the high maintenance fees are indeed a consideration, as they eat into the profit margins. For self-stay, I think it's not really an issue, as you get to enjoy swimming pools, gym, clubhouse etc.

If I intend to rent out the place, I avoid maintenance fees > S$500 in SG.

Indeed, I concede that maintenance fee may figure in case of investment. It's just that repeatedly harping on one old issue can be irritating and wear out people's patience.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, I concede that maintenance fee may figure in case of investment. It's just that repeatedly harping on one old issue can be irritating and wear out people's patience.

That's true. Haha, I roughly know the drill liao also by now..... High maint fees, cant do extension, overhead cables, toilet in centre, only CGI blah blah......

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

You dont have to get upset on my views. I am not harping on it. Is just my gentle reminder. New forummers who just joined or read the thread may not see what we have discussed earlier. You should should also realise there is other people here repeatedly boast about how good strata titled landed property. How come it didnt wear out your patience? Is it because you only want to listen something that you like to hear.....even repeatedly?

Last edited:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's true. Haha, I roughly know the drill liao also by now..... High maint fees, cant do extension, overhead cables, toilet in centre, only CGI blah blah......

Haha....at least I am sure you know all these are facts.... and not fictions.