• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eco Spring and Summer

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
4P marketing mix will work well if you include 5th P (people) and 6th P (portfolio). :smile:
Good sales people will solve fend shui problems instead of condemning. How many houses faces a junction in a housing project? Maybe 2 or 3? Most projects give special price for these unfavorable units and higher price for house no. 8.

How do you solve sloping ceilings? Sloping ceilings in halls is bad only if it is low lying. If it is high, then it is okie. But what about bedrooms? If you can't build a cabinet over it, just install a light trough on the other side to ensure balanced level with the slope.
Even if you want to sleep in it without doing anything, also can. Just put the head of the bed at the higher side of the ceiling. Fend shui said it is bad to sleep with headboard under suppressed ceiling but never say anything with feet under it. You can also paint with contrasting colors to separate the slope and wall.

What about toilets? People say toilets cannot face main door. Bad fend shui. Well, in the olden days in China, all toilets are outside the city and that's why you find people carrying shits at night out of the city. And what do you get? Ching dynasty collapsed and Hong Kong given to British for 100 years. Actually toilets is not recommended to face main door as you do not want smell and sights when you come out of toilets when you have guests at home. Just use a beautiful free standing screen partition. If you can afford it, put up a brick wall.

I am no expert but I do know a little bit supertitions. Happy reading. :smile:

I am not going into the topic of feng shui remedies as ASGH14 dont believe in it. Infact, several people especially eco summer / spring buyers have already private message me to discuss on this much earlier. I am most willing to share and advise them. Remember, you must start to believe in it before you do anything to reduce the bad feng shui element in your house.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
4P marketing mix will work well if you include 5th P (people) and 6th P (portfolio). :smile:
Good sales people will solve fend shui problems instead of condemning. How many houses faces a junction in a housing project? Maybe 2 or 3? Most projects give special price for these unfavorable units and higher price for house no. 8.

How do you solve sloping ceilings? Sloping ceilings in halls is bad only if it is low lying. If it is high, then it is okie. But what about bedrooms? If you can't build a cabinet over it, just install a light trough on the other side to ensure balanced level with the slope.
Even if you want to sleep in it without doing anything, also can. Just put the head of the bed at the higher side of the ceiling. Fend shui said it is bad to sleep with headboard under suppressed ceiling but never say anything with feet under it. You can also paint with contrasting colors to separate the slope and wall.

What about toilets? People say toilets cannot face main door. Bad fend shui. Well, in the olden days in China, all toilets are outside the city and that's why you find people carrying shits at night out of the city. And what do you get? Ching dynasty collapsed and Hong Kong given to British for 100 years. Actually toilets is not recommended to face main door as you do not want smell and sights when you come out of toilets when you have guests at home. Just use a beautiful free standing screen partition. If you can afford it, put up a brick wall.

I am no expert but I do know a little bit supertitions. Happy reading. :smile:

If ever I faced the situations you mentioned, I will adopt some of the solutions not because of Feng Shui, but because it makes sense (reason). I can also accept that other people may/may not adopt similar solutions, for different reasons, beliefs (not necessarily superstitions).

But when one repeatedly resurrects old points trying to disguise as helpful tips for new comers when the ill intent is blatantly clear, I feel that a little bit of countering is needed. If nothing else, it serves as "gentle reminders" as one puts it of the real intent of these posts.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If ever I faced the situations you mentioned, I will adopt some of the solutions not because of Feng Shui, but because it makes sense (reason). I can also accept that other people may/may not adopt similar solutions, for different reasons, beliefs (not necessarily superstitions).

But when one repeatedly resurrects old points trying to disguise as helpful tips for new comers when the ill intent is blatantly clear, I feel that a little bit of countering is needed. If nothing else, it serves as "gentle reminders" as one puts it of the real intent of these posts.

Precisely after reading some of the posts way back, there's a need to counter some of these opinions. As mentioned, it is a healthy discussions. One offer one's views and others too can offer their views especially when it is an abstract subject. I have 2 houses and both of them have toilets facing the main entrance. With a little bit of innovation and renovation, it turned up to be my home over the 15 years which blissfully brought up my family.

There are a few things I avoid for practical reasons. Curved walls which is very difficult to make cabinets or curtains. Stagnant slow flowing water or drains which emit foul smell. This would cause breathing problems over long term exposure.
Houses at river bends due to possible soil erosion. Rotten decaying trees in front of houses or buried in reclaimed land due to possible termite problems.

I do hope my little contributions would be helpful to buyers here.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely after reading some of the posts way back, there's a need to counter some of these opinions. As mentioned, it is a healthy discussions. One offer one's views and others too can offer their views especially when it is an abstract subject. I have 2 houses and both of them have toilets facing the main entrance. With a little bit of innovation and renovation, it turned up to be my home over the 15 years which blissfully brought up my family.

There are a few things I avoid for practical reasons. Curved walls which is very difficult to make cabinets or curtains. Stagnant slow flowing water or drains which emit foul smell. This would cause breathing problems over long term exposure.
Houses at river bends due to possible soil erosion. Rotten decaying trees in front of houses or buried in reclaimed land due to possible termite problems.

Logical, practical, open minded sharing! That's what we need!:smile:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, 4Ps and feng shui is a well connected. In some studies, we call it marketing across cultures.... in some books, it is linked with globalization marketing. In the global business environment, both the marketing mix and CRM tactics must confirm to the needs and culture of regional consumers.

I would love to have these books to my collection.
What are the book titles and who is the publisher? It would be interesting to read more about marketing across cultures / globalization marketing. Which country or culture are you targeting? I would love to know how the super rich Arabs reacts with feng shui or Germans.

What is CRM tactics by the way. Can you teach me? Sharing is the best way to enhance knowledge.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

I totally agree with your statement. It is indeed a healthy discussion.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would love to have these books to my collection.
What are the book titles and who is the publisher? It would be interesting to read more about marketing across cultures / globalization marketing. Which country or culture are you targeting? I would love to know how the super rich Arabs reacts with feng shui or Germans.

What is CRM tactics by the way. Can you teach me? Sharing is the best way to enhance knowledge.

Feng Shui is a topic that is widely discussed in books of International / Global Marketing. One of such book is as below ;-
International Marketing: An Asia-Pacific Perspective, By Richard Fletcher & Heather Crawford. Publisher: Pearson Education.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feng Shui is a topic that is widely discussed in books of International / Global Marketing. One of such book is as below ;-
International Marketing: An Asia-Pacific Perspective, By Richard Fletcher & Heather Crawford. Publisher: Pearson Education.

So it is confined to Asia Pacific only. Not Global, yes?

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

You have clearly misunderstood me. Lets open our mind and discuss issues (new or old) rationally.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
So it is confined to Asia Pacific only. Not Global, yes?

From your question, i sense that you are not genuine in acquire knowledge in this field. Too bad. If you just wanted to prove me wrong, you are just wasting your time. Do more reading, before you ask further.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, don't fall into this idiot's trap..he is trying to lengthen the shit in this thread. Don't waste your effort and time entertaining this idiot. You can clearly see it's going nowhere. If you guys want to talk, I strongly encourage all to talk in his RF kennel thread. Cheers :smile:

Please stop being childish lar. You have clowned yourself around long enough. Why not engage in a healthy discussion than playing clown all the time?

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is the biggest clown in this forum? You want me to start a thread to vote? Hahaha..Cheers :smile:

Do something that can contribute to the forum. Do something that can help the readers of this forum. Counter my points maturely if you dont agree with it. However, you have not done any of those yet wanted to harass me? I am immune to it. Pity you.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

I hope after the end of this discussion, at least you can agree and accept that there are real Feng Shui problems and issues at Eco Summer and Spring houses. The rest we leave it to the readers to decide and make judgement for themselves.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
From your question, i sense that you are not genuine in acquire knowledge in this field. Too bad. If you just wanted to prove me wrong, you are just wasting your time. Do more reading, before you ask further.

I am not trying to prove you wrong. I just find it hard to understand that feng shui is written by Europeans rather than Chinese geomacers.
Maybe they had progressed so far that we Chinese has to learn from them. There goes our 3000 years of cilvilisation...
As for marketing,even those having Masters Degree in Marketing has to do more reading then you. ...You are really very very learned...

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, don't fall into this idiot's trap..he is trying to lengthen the shit in this thread. Don't waste your effort and time entertaining this idiot. You can clearly see it's going nowhere. If you guys want to talk, I strongly encourage all to talk in his RF kennel thread. Cheers :smile:

Bro...it is ok. I have time today so good to have some form entertainment. I do not like to attack anyone but I hope to share all these information with all those who read. Remember you do not need to show that you are winning even though you had won. It is good enough in your heart when someone else know what you are talking about.

But if anyone try to influence others with "unclear" information, I will definitely step in to correct them. We are afterall learned and civilised forummers who know what is right and what is wrong.

Last edited:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not trying to prove you wrong. I just find it hard to understand that feng shui is written by Europeans rather than Chinese geomacers.
Maybe they had progressed so far that we Chinese has to learn from them. There goes our 3000 years of cilvilisation...
As for marketing,even those having Masters Degree in Marketing has to do more reading then you. ...You are really very very learned...

You are definitely a learned person too. Well, we all engage in long life learning.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

No Feng Shui inputs. Totally written by Australian for Australian SMEs. Nothing to do with Property Wasted my time looking for it. I was sooooo excited just now but...:(

International Marketing, 6e is written from a wholly Australasian perspective and covers issues unique to local marketers and managers looking towards the Asia–Pacific region, the European Union, and beyond.

It presents a wide range of contemporary issues faced by subsidiaries of multinational enterprises (MNEs) as well as small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs), mainly exporters, which make up the vast bulk of firms involved in international business in the Australasian region.

International Marketing, 6e clearly demonstrates the links between the different stages of international marketing, connecting analysis with planning, planning with strategy and strategy with implementation.

Key concepts are brought to life with comprehensively updated statistics, recent illustrations, and a variety of real-world examples and case studies.

Table of contents

1: The rationale for international marketing
PART A The environment of international marketing
2: Avoiding the pitfalls of the international political and legal environment
3: Appreciating the dynamics of the international economic and financial environment
4: Catering for the social and cultural environment of international marketing
5: Technology and change in international marketing
6: Contemporary environmental variables in international marketing
PART B Strategies for international marketing
7: Researching international markets
8: International market selection and entry
9: International competitive strategy
10: Internationalisation, relationships and networks
11: Globalisation
12: Planning for effective international marketing
PART C International marketing implementation
13: Modifying products for international markets
14: International pricing for profit
15: Promotion in international marketing
16: Effective international distribution
17: Marketing services and projects internationally
18: International marketing in the decade ahead
New to this edition

Updated Structure!

After the introductory chapter, which explores what international marketing is, the book is now divided into three parts, each of which has an introduction.
NEW! Two separate chapters on technology and contemporary variables in international marketing and one on international marketing in the decade ahead.
Greater Integration!

Instead of material also being in appendices on the website for the book, the content of these appendices is now incorporated into the text of the chapters:
- ‘Incorporating international trade relations into international marketing’ in Chapter 3;
- ‘Coping with countertrade’ in Chapter 8;
- ‘Winning international projects’ in Chapter 17
- and ‘Marketing at the Bottom of the Pyramid’ in Chapter 18.
Coverage of eMarketing has now been integrated into the text of each chapter rather than being treated separately.
Lots More Cases and Examples!
Longer case studies are now included for each chapter.
A guide to ‘How to analyse a case study’ can be found in the Appendix of the text.
56 additional cases are also available on the accompanying website to supplement the text.
More examples of doing business in countries outside Asia have been included to better reflect the changing market conditions faced by Australian and New Zealand firms in the international domain due to the enlargement of the European Union and the signing of an increased number of free trade agreements by Australia and New Zealand.

http://www.pearson.com.au/products/...fic-Perspective/9781442560833?R=9781442560833

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Feng Shui inputs. Totally written by Australian for Australian SMEs. Nothing to do with Property Wasted my time looking for it. I was sooooo excited just now but...:(

International Marketing, 6e is written from a wholly Australasian perspective and covers issues unique to local marketers and managers looking towards the Asia–Pacific region, the European Union, and beyond.

It presents a wide range of contemporary issues faced by subsidiaries of multinational enterprises (MNEs) as well as small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs), mainly exporters, which make up the vast bulk of firms involved in international business in the Australasian region.

International Marketing, 6e clearly demonstrates the links between the different stages of international marketing, connecting analysis with planning, planning with strategy and strategy with implementation.

Key concepts are brought to life with comprehensively updated statistics, recent illustrations, and a variety of real-world examples and case studies.

Table of contents

1: The rationale for international marketing
PART A The environment of international marketing
2: Avoiding the pitfalls of the international political and legal environment
3: Appreciating the dynamics of the international economic and financial environment
4: Catering for the social and cultural environment of international marketing
5: Technology and change in international marketing
6: Contemporary environmental variables in international marketing
PART B Strategies for international marketing
7: Researching international markets
8: International market selection and entry
9: International competitive strategy
10: Internationalisation, relationships and networks
11: Globalisation
12: Planning for effective international marketing
PART C International marketing implementation
13: Modifying products for international markets
14: International pricing for profit
15: Promotion in international marketing
16: Effective international distribution
17: Marketing services and projects internationally
18: International marketing in the decade ahead
New to this edition

Updated Structure!

After the introductory chapter, which explores what international marketing is, the book is now divided into three parts, each of which has an introduction.
NEW! Two separate chapters on technology and contemporary variables in international marketing and one on international marketing in the decade ahead.
Greater Integration!

Instead of material also being in appendices on the website for the book, the content of these appendices is now incorporated into the text of the chapters:
- ‘Incorporating international trade relations into international marketing’ in Chapter 3;
- ‘Coping with countertrade’ in Chapter 8;
- ‘Winning international projects’ in Chapter 17
- and ‘Marketing at the Bottom of the Pyramid’ in Chapter 18.
Coverage of eMarketing has now been integrated into the text of each chapter rather than being treated separately.
Lots More Cases and Examples!
Longer case studies are now included for each chapter.
A guide to ‘How to analyse a case study’ can be found in the Appendix of the text.
56 additional cases are also available on the accompanying website to supplement the text.
More examples of doing business in countries outside Asia have been included to better reflect the changing market conditions faced by Australian and New Zealand firms in the international domain due to the enlargement of the European Union and the signing of an increased number of free trade agreements by Australia and New Zealand.

http://www.pearson.com.au/products/...fic-Perspective/9781442560833?R=9781442560833

Try to read page 140. There is one section on Feng Shui. Under part 4: Catering for the social and cultural environment of international marketing

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try read this too, is relates to home fengshui.

Sell Your Home Fast in a Buyer's Market: Secrets from an Expert Green Feng Shui Staging Designer
by Norma Lehmeier Hartie (2010).