• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No Elections until 2016

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just back from meeting with the usual gang / contacts for late night supper and the terik. (ps. no ang mo in sight, must be at Orchard Rd / Clarke Quay on Saturday nights)

There are no plans to call a General Elections and that includes a scenario if the old man kicks the bucket.

The reason they announced the candidates early is that they learnt a good lesson from Workers Party during the Mango By-Elections at Punggol East SMC where the they trounced / analed the colorectal surgeon by 10%. The win was attributed to Lee Li Lian's profile prior to the elections and the fact that she covered the ground twice.

The long held practice of announcing candidates at the last minute has turned out to be an error. The decision has been made that except for civil servants, the rest will play a more prominent role at least one full year ahead. They are also expected to carry prominent role within the PAP Branch and other grassroots activities. Expect them to start visiting uncle and aunty and eating at your neighbourhood hawker centres on weekends. The Aljunied team is now complete.

Much debate of type of MPs that can win was also a contentious issue within the party. 34 years old, non-scholar, smile here, smile there, with the HDB look will take more prominent place. I suspect that new candidates claiming that they struggled to buy chopsticks are no longer acceptable.

The another major reason for the 2016 outlook is that a there are a raft of measures to soften the ground that has yet to be completed. Could not find out what exactly these are... akan datang.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good point you brought up. To me either way the ground is not getting any sweeter for the PAP. The longer they delay the worse its going to get. But this will depend on the actions of the Oppos.

1,) The Oppos have to prepare for the Erection now. Do the door knocking etc..

2) How well is WP prepared? They need to win at least 2 GRCs,,,

3) 3rd rate oppo spoilers,,,how are they going to sabo the other opps? For example,
SDA and RP.

4) Will the SPP with the Chiams be able or strong enough to contest Toa Payoh?

5) Where will NSP contest? are they going for marine parade and Tampinese again? And will WP contest there too?

6) Any Oppos contesting in the West?? I do not mind the 3rd rate oppos contesting there,,,for example West Coast, Choa Chu Kang etc

7) Last erection, Punggol and AMK emerge as very pro PAP areas,,,will it still hold through this time?

8) DPP under Ben Pwee,,if he does the ground work now etc and just concentrate on Tanjong Pagar,,,maybe got chance for an upset,,but must put a strong Cantonese candidate there,,,I heard that the old folks living there not happy with PAP,,the moment step out of the door kenna ERP,,and of course the area flooded with Ah Tiongs,,

9) Sembawang...the home base of Mad Khaw,,I for one sibeh dulan him,,is a not a singaporean,,,but a fucking hokkein mudlander import which proves that hokkeins are assholes based on the like of him...and many hokkein mudlanders got his same sort of CB attitude,,,however he has been building heaps of HDB flats etc and shrinking the queue,,and compared to shorty mah,,he is doing a better job,,, Will this make him popular?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...although I agree with the gist of what u said, the way u said it really takes the cake.....
usual contacts???
so u have been mixing with pple very close to MIW leadership or bullshitting again???
forummers...better be warned...double-headed snake....lol.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will another civil service scandal erupt? The longer they delay, the more skeletons will emerge.
With the old man dead can he still hold power? No one else wants the throne? That's unbelievable.
Isn't this his last term? Who is the next in line? Wont the big four get pissed if he chose that young punk?
The game is on!

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are no plans to call a General Elections and that includes a scenario if the old man kicks the bucket.

Your insider news confirms my guess. I never saw a need for the PAP to call for early elections simply because they don't need to hasten their death.

The reason they announced the candidates early is that they learnt a good lesson from Workers Party during the Mango By-Elections at Punggol East SMC where the they trounced / analed the colorectal surgeon by 10%. The win was attributed to Lee Li Lian's profile prior to the elections and the fact that she covered the ground twice.

The long held practice of announcing candidates at the last minute has turned out to be an error. The decision has been made that except for civil servants, the rest will play a more prominent role at least one full year ahead. They are also expected to carry prominent role within the PAP Branch and other grassroots activities. Expect them to start visiting uncle and aunty and eating at your neighbourhood hawker centres on weekends. The Aljunied team is now complete.

Actually there is no need to hide their candidates. The junior press cubs have been spying on their HQ and branches. With the cubs, the press these days have become the assertive child, still subservient to the parent but would occasionally throw a tantrum or two.

The another major reason for the 2016 outlook is that a there are a raft of measures to soften the ground that has yet to be completed. Could not find out what exactly these are... akan datang.

Much of the transport orders and reinforcements will arrive in 2016. The lift upgrading deadline has been extended from 2014 to 2016. Bulk of the BTO flats ramped up by Khaw in 2011 will be ready by 2015 and 2016.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is probably prepared. They just aren't media and social media savvy like SDP and NSP and announce to the whole world what they are doing or what. It sucks but SDP's online presence is irritating since its the same old story with Chee's typical lines.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
8) DPP under Ben Pwee,,if he does the ground work now etc and just concentrate on Tanjong Pagar,,,maybe got chance for an upset,,but must put a strong Cantonese candidate there,,,I heard that the old folks living there not happy with PAP,,the moment step out of the door kenna ERP,,and of course the area flooded with Ah Tiongs,,

TP GRC no chance. They got 2 popular MP Lily Neo and Indranee.

Unlikely SDP will give way to DPP in TP GRC. Why should they since they are the stronger party? Merging with SDA is liken to board a sinking ship. So it an unlikely route for Ben. His best bet is in B-TPY GRC since they last contested there under SPP ticket. But this would mean a 3CF with SPP.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

shall we place a wager on this? a big bowl of Katong Laksa plus one LuoHanGuo drink, i'll throw in 2 sticks of otah if you wished :p:p:p

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha...although I agree with the gist of what u said, the way u said it really takes the cake.....
usual contacts???
so u have been mixing with pple very close to MIW leadership or bullshitting again???
forummers...better be warned...double-headed snake....lol.

So which side are you with? PAP or Oppo?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is probably prepared. They just aren't media and social media savvy like SDP and NSP and announce to the whole world what they are doing or what. It sucks but SDP's online presence is irritating since its the same old story with Chee's typical lines.

If the Oppo don't get their act together, it will be same old story!! Maybe they will lose another GRC or two, that's all. PAP is like MU this season, reeling on the ropes. But there is no Pool, MAn City to challenge them!!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sdp will contest TP?

TP GRC no chance. They got 2 popular MP Lily Neo and Indranee.

Unlikely SDP will give way to DPP in TP GRC. Why should they since they are the stronger party? Merging with SDA is liken to board a sinking ship. So it an unlikely route for Ben. His best bet is in B-TPY GRC since they last contested there under SPP ticket. But this would mean a 3CF with SPP.

MadrigalWheel

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the way things are going for the WP with the feet firmly working the ground in their constituencies, they will be in prime standing to win another GRC or two to lower the percentage of PAP votes.

A likely "freak" election result in this case would then be for them to win the popular vote but lose in seat numbers, which will force PAP to consider the possibility of forming a limited coalition with them, possibly giving up the more inconsequential ministerial positions (PMO, office for example) as an enticer for WP to sign up.

Lets see then what WP is made of, and if the individuals within can walk the balance of politics, principle and ideology.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will another civil service scandal erupt? The longer they delay, the more skeletons will emerge.
With the old man dead can he still hold power? No one else wants the throne? That's unbelievable.
Isn't this his last term? Who is the next in line? Wont the big four get pissed if he chose that young punk?
The game is on!

They are desperately trying for Kee Chiu to be accepted as the successor to the throne...........

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I have to guess, the GE will be earlier than latter because things in Spore are not going to get any better.

However I bet they are ready for a snap election in case the old one ups the lorry because they will want to capitalise on his death.