• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No To A PAP Coalition

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans and all Opposition Parties should say no to the pap in a Coalition Govt shd a GE result in no clear majority party

For what the pap has done to Singaporeans, it deserves to be kicked out of govt and go into the Opposition

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans and all Opposition Parties should say no to the pap in a Coalition Govt shd a GE result in no clear majority party

For what the pap has done to Singaporeans, it deserves to be kicked out of govt and go into the Opposition

Westminster system decides that that will happen.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
difficult lah everybody wants to be indian chief.

Difficult but possible.

If:

PAP - 48%
WP - 47%
SDP - 2%
NSP - 2%
SPP - 1%

WP can form coalition govt shd SDP, NSP and SPP refuse to join PAP and prefer to see it kicked into the opposition.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not if the opposition parties have a majority of the seats. Or just WP having a majority.

yes, the APs can work together and kick pap into Opposition even if it is the majority party but has less than 50% of seats.

that wld be doing Singaporeans will

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah but hung parliament? Like UK in 2010? Or maybe PAP will generate a hung parliament. Then decision made by the bespectacled Tony.

no need for TT to do anything if the APs can work together when pap gets less than 50% of seats. Automatically, pap goes to become opposition if that scenario happens

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The PAP has done such a good job over the last few years that it should get at least 70% of the votes so the possibility of a coalition in 2016 is extremely remote.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What coalition?
WP will win hands down and it will be the most exhilarating moment in the history of Singapore.
More importantly, witnessed by the old man who refuses to die and to abdicate the seat in parliament that worth only 16K

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is only one that is fit for the FAP Traitors - THE HEAVY HAND OF JUSTICE! They should be toppled and charged in court for TREASON!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP has done such a good job over the last few years that it should get at least 70% of the votes so the possibility of a coalition in 2016 is extremely remote.

i am glad that, despite your past pro pap rhetoric, you consider pap going into Opposition a remote possibility.

as for me, i am heartened by PE 2011, BE Hougang, BE PE. I know that the tide has changed and waves of changed are still sweeping through SG.

LHL's admission that a coalition SG govt is possible speaks volumes.

many pap cadres admit privately that the pap has problem recruiting suitable candidates for the next GE and has to settle for very less desirable calibre. on the contrary, Opposition parties are attracting many high calibre potentials.

Unlike you, a coalition govt without the pap is a real possibility to me

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What coalition?
WP will win hands down and it will be the most exhilarating moment in the history of Singapore.
More importantly, witnessed by the old man who refuses to die and to abdicate the seat in parliament that worth only 16K

i agree. thanks for speaking my mind

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL's admission that a coalition SG govt is possible speaks volumes.

Unlike you, a coalition govt without the pap is a real possibility to me

If voters are not sold on the idea of 2 party system, what makes you think a rainbow coalition will happen? On the other hand, a the idea of forming coalition with PAP has it selling point as it allows risk averse voters to vote for opposition knowing that PAP will still be there to call the shots. At the same time, it enables some opposition MP to take up ministerial posts to gain experience in government making them a more viable choice to replace PAP in the long run.

I see more possibility of a PAP-WP coalition than a Pan opposition coalition. It hard to imagine a coalition without PAP.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coalition with PAP is the best short term solution for Singapore.
But I don't think that will happen by 2016.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If voters are not sold on the idea of 2 party system, what makes you think a rainbow coalition will happen? On the other hand, a the idea of forming coalition with PAP has it selling point as it allows risk averse voters to vote for opposition knowing that PAP will still be there to call the shots. At the same time, it enables some opposition MP to take up ministerial posts to gain experience in government making them a more viable choice to replace PAP in the long run.

I see more possibility of a PAP-WP coalition than a Pan opposition coalition. It hard to imagine a coalition without PAP.

whether it happens or not depends on the voters and also the APs. The comforting part is that it is beyond the control of the pap. this is democracy and if Singaporeans exercise it wisely, the people are the ones who are in real control